Page 1292 of 1406 FirstFirst ... 292 792 1192 1242 1282 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1302 1342 1392 ... LastLast
Results 12,911 to 12,920 of 14055

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    This thread started in the Sonar forum, and now it's starting to seem like it should be back there, lol.

Full circle, and it only took what? Fourteen years?

Thanks
    Btw, I used some drum software that came packaged with Sonar today. It at least gives me away to hear stuff for editing when the e-drums aren't here. Anyway, this software pulls up a picture of a drum kit, and shows animation when each drum is hit. Initially it was pretty cool, but then I started thinking how much processing power is being wasted on something that pretty much serves no useful purpose. It's like sticking a video game in the midst of "professional" recording software.

Thanks
    FWIW, I've played bass for so many years I'd rather not admit to myself exactly how many, but flatwounds are a very limited scope item. Rounds are usually why people don't want to play their bass much. My choice over the years, and still using them (although I experiment every once in a while) are D'Addario Half Rounds. Try a set of ENR-72's and see what you think. The one thing they don't do well is keep their tone. If you let the bass hang on the wall for a year, they tend to not have the good tone they did when you hung the bass up. Both my basses are 5 string now, so the 72's don't work well anymore, but still using half rounds. Just have to replace them every year whether I play them hard or not. If I play a lot, it gets to twice a year. Still love to play on occasion, but spend a lot more time on the guitar and piano because that's where most of the songwriting comes from...Steve Harris I ain't.
    Glad the recordings came out well!
    Soundcloud Page
    I don't care about my ego, I care about my mixes--Just say what you mean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    FWIW, I've played bass for so many years I'd rather not admit to myself exactly how many, but flatwounds are a very limited scope item. Rounds are usually why people don't want to play their bass much. My choice over the years, and still using them (although I experiment every once in a while) are D'Addario Half Rounds. Try a set of ENR-72's and see what you think. The one thing they don't do well is keep their tone. If you let the bass hang on the wall for a year, they tend to not have the good tone they did when you hung the bass up. Both my basses are 5 string now, so the 72's don't work well anymore, but still using half rounds. Just have to replace them every year whether I play them hard or not. If I play a lot, it gets to twice a year. Still love to play on occasion, but spend a lot more time on the guitar and piano because that's where most of the songwriting comes from...Steve Harris I ain't.
    Glad the recordings came out well!
    I have two basses now and I just want to see the difference. I've got quite a few guitars and now I'm thinking about putting flatwounds on one of them just for kicks.

A lot of people recommend five strings, and it's not a bad idea. If I ever do get one it'll probably be something I stumble in to.

Anyways I was playing the new bass tonight, recorded a bit of it and was really pleased.

Thanks
    My studio is still down. Tried to do a patch by uninstalling and reinstalling Reason on a different drive, and Reason kicked right up and responded correctly. I could load all my music, play, etc. Spent about 6 hours recording one of the new songs before I tried to save. I NEVER do that...always stop and save when I get each track down. But things were going so well I just kept grabbing a different instrument and going at it. A little disappointing when all I could get was write errors...I managed to render the individual tracks, so it's not a total loss, but still disappointed. Got to get into the machine and pull the old drive out and install a new one. Just need the drive...life's tough when you're buried in "affordable health care".
    Soundcloud Page

Thanks
    My studio is still down. Tried to do a patch by uninstalling and reinstalling Reason on a different drive, and Reason kicked right up and responded correctly. I could load all my music, play, etc. Spent about 6 hours recording one of the new songs before I tried to save. I NEVER do that...always stop and save when I get each track down. But things were going so well I just kept grabbing a different instrument and going at it. A little disappointing when all I could get was write errors...I managed to render the individual tracks, so it's not a total loss, but still disappointed. Got to get into the machine and pull the old drive out and install a new one. Just need the drive...life's tough when you're buried in "affordable health care".
    OTOH, thirty years ago, a multitrack studio was a four track cassette deck.

Thanks
    Alan Parsons Cover

Any better, Cheese Boy?

Thanks
    Okay, finally freed up $100 in my budget and got the drive and cable replaced. All is right after an afternoon of initializing, moving files and then a clean install on Reason. Now Reason 9 has come out... More money needed. Ah well, somewhere, somehow. Really, though, I'm pretty sure I can skip 9. Doesn't look like they changed much. A few workflow things, a couple new doohickeys. Meh. I'll probably wait for 10.
    Soundcloud Page

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    I like it. Some of the lower vocals sound uncomfortable, some of the drum fills sound rushed, couple of loud snare hits (I remember the drums being very laid back on the original, and the drumming sounds very pushed) and I don't know if it's me, but it seemed to speed up, like you're using a live drummer.... Other than that, all the tones sound great, the balance and the spread are sweet. Really like the voice.
    Soundcloud Page

Thanks
    I like it. Some of the lower vocals sound uncomfortable, some of the drum fills sound rushed, couple of loud snare hits (I remember the drums being very laid back on the original, and the drumming sounds very pushed) and I don't know if it's me, but it seemed to speed up, like you're using a live drummer.... Other than that, all the tones sound great, the balance and the spread are sweet. Really like the voice.
    Thanks. Yes the vocals in the verses have a few notes that are out the singer's range. That was the reason we tried double tracking his voice. I think they're better this way, but still not quite there. Not sure what else to do except maybe raise the key, and it's a little late for that, plus it probably would push him out of his range on the higher parts.

Quite possible that the song speeds up. It wasn't done to a click track.

Appreciate the listen and the comments.

Thread Information