Page 1291 of 1394 FirstFirst ... 291 791 1191 1241 1281 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1301 1341 1391 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,910 of 13940

Thread: DAW Users With ADD

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    New toy

Traded in my son's trombone for whatever I could get for it. So I got a bass for it. Now I have two, and I don't play bass....much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bass-jpg  

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    New toy

Traded in my son's trombone for whatever I could get for it. So I got a bass for it. Now I have two, and I don't play bass....much.
    You couldn't have melted down the trombone and sold the metal.

Cool. What is it? And more importantly, how does it sound?

Thanks
    Finally got the drummer recorded via midi last night. I also, using Sonar "split notes to tracks" feature, got all the drums put on individual tracks. So all in all, a productive night. I still need to record each midi track back to audio, which if I had some good sounding drum software might not be necessary.

Can't figure out why all the initial issues with this. It worked like a charm last night.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dachay2tnr View Post
    You couldn't have melted down the trombone and sold the metal.

Cool. What is it? And more importantly, how does it sound?
    It's a Washburn.

When I first got it I noticed the were bumps in the strings around the third fret and upon closer inspection I noticed that it was really string taper. Someone must've put a short scale set on the long scale bass, if there is such a thing? Luckily I had a set of bass strings that I got for free, unfortunately they were lights. Changed the strings, changed the battery and I was pleased to find out I hadn't traded my son's trombone for a handful of magic beans.

I like the active electronics. The controls are bass. treble , volume and balance. The balance control has a center detent and there are no switches. It's not something I would've picked up for cash, but after playing around with it I've opened my eyes a little bit about modern basses. I've got a MIM FenderJazz bass, which I'll keep and maybe I'll try flatwounds on that just to see what they're about.

So far, I'm pleased, I walked in willing to take whatever they were giving and came out with something I like and can use.

Thanks
    Finally got the drummer recorded via midi last night. I also, using Sonar "split notes to tracks" feature, got all the drums put on individual tracks. So all in all, a productive night. I still need to record each midi track back to audio, which if I had some good sounding drum software might not be necessary.

Can't figure out why all the initial issues with this. It worked like a charm last night.
    If you would've snagged on Komplete Elements when it was $19 you would've had Abbey Road 60's drumset (along with other stuff).

A lot of these new drum softwares have their own submixer and each drum has it's own channel. The Roland probably has some mixing functions, but that wouldn't be any where as easy as on the computer. If it only has two outputs that makes life difficult.

Split notes to tracks kicks ass.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead1 View Post
    If you would've snagged on Komplete Elements when it was $19 you would've had Abbey Road 60's drumset (along with other stuff).

A lot of these new drum softwares have their own submixer and each drum has it's own channel. The Roland probably has some mixing functions, but that wouldn't be any where as easy as on the computer. If it only has two outputs that makes life difficult.

Split notes to tracks kicks ass.
    My experiencecwith drum software is second only to my experience with reverb. Yet to find one I like.

Of course, most of my software is a few years old, so maybe things have improved. The big thing with reverbs back when I dropped out were these impulse file thingies. They seem to have disappeared, no?

Thanks
    Btw, I opened up my Sonar file this morning and the midi track we recorded last night was gone!

Actually the track was still there, but it had no data in it.

Fortunately, I had "split to tracks" and all the individual drum tracks were still there. Whew! Just the original track with everything on it was gone. Pretty scary. Not sure what happened.

I did notice that at one point I tried to highlight a track by clicking on it, and instead of highlighting it, it erased it. Since I had noticed it happening, it was easy to just "undo" delete and get it back. But what happens if you don't notice?

It has me concerened this new Sonar context-sensitive smart tool might be too smart for me.

Thanks
    Btw, I opened up my Sonar file this morning and the midi track we recorded last night was gone!

Actually the track was still there, but it had no data in it.

Fortunately, I had "split to tracks" and all the individual drum tracks were still there. Whew! Just the original track with everything on it was gone. Pretty scary. Not sure what happened.

I did notice that at one point I tried to highlight a track by clicking on it, and instead of highlighting it, it erased it. Since I had noticed it happening, it was easy to just "undo" delete and get it back. But what happens if you don't notice?

It has me concerened this new Sonar context-sensitive smart tool might be too smart for me.
    Doh! It just dawned on me that this was likely the result of the "split notes" procedure. Im guessing it takes the midi notes from the starting track, and simply moves them all to their own individual track. Thus no data remains in the original track - although the track itself is not deleted. So you end up, as I did, with an empty track.

I guess if I also wanted the original track (which I did), I should have cloned it first. There's no real need for the original track, except as a precaution. I like to keep it because if I do edits on the other tracks, it gives me a backward path in the highly unlikely case I f$&k something up.

Thanks
    My experiencecwith drum software is second only to my experience with reverb. Yet to find one I like.

Of course, most of my software is a few years old, so maybe things have improved. The big thing with reverbs back when I dropped out were these impulse file thingies. They seem to have disappeared, no?
    There's lots of good software out there, you just don't want to spend any $$$.

I have an impulse reverb that came with SONAR, but it must be because I have the Producer edition. Of course I don't know where the impulse files are and I don't feel like D/Ling any either because I have a handful of nice reverbs.

IK multimedia recently had a sale on reverbs starting at $25. Vallhala is well received on forums for $50, you should at least try a demo.

My plate is full on both the software and hardware sides. The time and motivation sides are a little lacking though.

My wish list of gear right now would be in no particular order....

Danelectro longhorn bass, just because.

Electro Harmonix C9, how could you not want one.

Sitar/guitar, I should've had one a long time ago, bucket list guitar.

Banjo, I'm holding off because I'll have to learn how to play it.

Various misfit stringed things, tenor guitar, baritone guitar, electric mandolin, various resonators, etc,etc, etc.

Thanks

You just have to be aware of it. There are keyboard shortcuts to get into different modes,but it's complicated enough that if you don't use it enough, it can mess you up. There's a lot going on in SONAR, maybe too much, hence my comments about the software being fully mature.

Thread Information