DAW Users With ADD

maltobello said:
2000??!!

wooohooo!!!

:rolleyes: Typical, you work hard, struggle along in life and then some newbie comes and nicks the glory:(

What flyover did you crawl out of then?:eek: :)

well it looks like I have some homework then. I've mostly been stopping by to catch Acidrock's feedback on Kompakt...

I can delete the lucky post if it means that much to paul881...;-)

We were leaving the honor of posting the 2000th post to the founder of this useless and totally worthless enterprise, Mr ChuckU:D

Now he has to wait to Christmas for something to look forward to.:D

Yeah, we were leaving the honor of the 1000th post to Mr. Chuck as well. If you'll scroll back 40 or 50 pages you'll see that that didn't work out too well either.

OK, Chuck, you got # 3000. Promise!!

Saw this thread slipped all the way to the bottom of page 3, so I figured it needed a bump.

Acidrock, I installed the Kompakt 1.01 patch. Everything went great. It works smooth as silk now.

Now if I could only get my sound card back from the repair shop, I can get down to some business here. :D

If you don't have your 1010, how do you know kontakt plays smooth as silk:confused: Do you have a s/blaster as well?

Paul881 said:
If you don't have your 1010, how do you know kontakt plays smooth as silk:confused: Do you have a s/blaster as well?
Actually I installed and checked out the patch last weekend, right before I pulled the card and sent it for repair. However, I'm only now getting around to mentioning it.

BTW, my DAW does also has a sound card on the mobo, so I am not completely dead in the water. Just severely wounded. :)

Acidrock, I installed the Kompakt 1.01 patch. Everything went great. It works smooth as silk now.
Did you notice a reduction in CPU usage?
Have you downloaded any sounds yet,or is your plate full?

still contemplating buying the producer edition...

Later!

acidrock said:
Did you notice a reduction in CPU usage?
Have you downloaded any sounds yet,or is your plate full?

Didn't really pay attention to CPU usage, but most of the flaky behavior adn dropouts seem to be gone.

Until I upgrade my CPU I'm not contemplating any edition. However, even with an upgraded DAW I am still leaning toward Studio edition. But I'll let you guys guinnea pig it first, then I'll decide. :)

But I'll let you guys guinnea pig it first, then I'll decide.
Yeah,the Cakewalk propaganda lists "two CD's worth of sample content".Well the question is..."Are they samples,or are they samples?"
Sometimes what they don't tell you is more important than what they do tell you.:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday to me....from last week:) I am now the proud owner of Amplitube. Do yourself a favour, AR and get yourself down to the store and buy it...NOW:D Great vibes and sounds, am still playing around with it. No latency with my DAW, huge range of fx and emulations. Should keep me happy for a while:rolleyes:

Still want kontakt as well.;)

I am now the proud owner of Amplitube. Do yourself a favour, AR and get yourself down to the store and buy it...NOW
DUDE!!!
Like I got a real tube amp,I don't need to mess around with no steenkin' modelers.:p
But in reality with my rig I'd have a choice of the amp simulator or Kompakt for real time low latency usage.
This is the problem that has made the upgrade such a dillema.It ain't no use buying more software than my rig can handle.
If the next couple of months are as good as this one the decisions might become easier.:cool:

LATER!

Just a little "Off topic" question to all of you:

Do you have Farris (it's a drink) in your country?

Back