Close to the edge ...oops!

TAE

All you have is now
Guess this happened in 2015 I didn't get the memo or forgot I got the memo :rolleyes: Getting old is hell
He looks like he is in incredible shape here so hopefully he didn't get to jacked up....Dang that had to suck...:eek:

I wish I had known about that at our last high school reunion. Edge's guitar tech is from my high school class. If he shows up at our 50th reunion, I'll have to ask about it.

I like Yes much better than U2 ;)

Ya know I do too.... But I do love the U2 story ( a group of clueless amateur young musicians make it big) and a few of their ballads are pretty damn nice....Bono is a pretty decent human.

Big Yes and Wakeman fan.... seen em several times over the years...Back in the late 70's I actually got to go back stage at the Aladdin in Vegas and meet the boys...cept for Howe. Damn Wakeman and Squire were freeking tall!

This is just my opinion. When people speak about greatest bands The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are usually at the top of the list. The Beatles lasted about 10 years. People who go to see the Stones want to hear their hits and they haven't put out any relevant material since the 70s. Led Zeppelin hasn't been around in almost 40 years.

The first time I saw U2 was St Patty's day at The Ritz. A bag pipe band opened. We were up against the stage and when they came on, throughout the show the floor buckled under your feet. I'd never felt anything like it. I don't know how many times I've seen them. But, they're the only band that transitioned from small clubs to mega stadiums without missing a beat.

They've been around close to or over 40 years and still make relevant music. Every album has one or two hits. They have a style that is clearly their own, and you'd figure when you don't change that style you'll plagiarize yourself, and they don't.

They can sell out a week at MSG without a problem, and don't rely on playing their early hits to get asses in the seats.

They're not even close to my favorite band, not even in the top 50. But, they are IMO the #1 greatest band. Hits, longevity, no personnel changes, product... Simply amazing what these 4 have done.

I HATE BONO's Politics. Seriously, if you care that much, give your millions to the poor. I ate at one of their restaurants in the meat packing district and slider appetizers were $50. I think the bill came out to close to $200 for two people.

Ya know I do too.... But I do love the U2 story ( a group of clueless amateur young musicians make it big) and a few of their ballads are pretty damn nice....Bono is a pretty decent human.

Big Yes and Wakeman fan.... seen em several times over the years...Back in the late 70's I actually got to go back stage at the Aladdin in Vegas and meet the boys...cept for Howe. Damn Wakeman and Squire were freeking tall!

Steve H is a genuine guy. Met him, Jon, Chris and Alan at backstage pass. Rick was not with them on that particular tour. The only diva was Jon and I kinda expect that of a lead singer and he wasn't as bad as some.

Favorite band of all time, by the by. IMHO Chris' perfectionist streak made everything he was involved in a step above.

This is just my opinion. When people speak about greatest bands The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are usually at the top of the list. The Beatles lasted about 10 years. People who go to see the Stones want to hear their hits and they haven't put out any relevant material since the 70s. Led Zeppelin hasn't been around in almost 40 years.

The first time I saw U2 was St Patty's day at The Ritz. A bag pipe band opened. We were up against the stage and when they came on, throughout the show the floor buckled under your feet. I'd never felt anything like it. I don't know how many times I've seen them. But, they're the only band that transitioned from small clubs to mega stadiums without missing a beat.

They've been around close to or over 40 years and still make relevant music. Every album has one or two hits. They have a style that is clearly their own, and you'd figure when you don't change that style you'll plagiarize yourself, and they don't.

They can sell out a week at MSG without a problem, and don't rely on playing their early hits to get asses in the seats.

They're not even close to my favorite band, not even in the top 50. But, they are IMO the #1 greatest band. Hits, longevity, no personnel changes, product... Simply amazing what these 4 have done.

I HATE BONO's Politics. Seriously, if you care that much, give your millions to the poor. I ate at one of their restaurants in the meat packing district and slider appetizers were $50. I think the bill came out to close to $200 for two people.

I would argue that Queen still holds this spot, and would still be contending for it if Freddie was alive...

I would argue that Queen still holds this spot, and would still be contending for it if Freddie was alive...

They belong in the greatest list. But, not #1. I love Queen, saw them many times and Freddie was a powerhouse vocalist and stage presence. But, by the time of his passing, they'd stop touring the US and most of the world, because they didn't have the fan base. The new Queen (you couldn't drag me to a show) are contained to hits with any vocalist who can't touch Freddie's brilliance.

I think Innuendo is their best album since the two Marx Brothers. Though I do love The Game. It has some of my favorite songs.

A few Queen stories -

We got backstage passes to a MSG gig. We didn't get to see the band. But, the rooms were packed, topless waitresses and waiters in g-strings were serving food and drinks.

At the Meadowlands or Brendan Byrne (they might be the same place. It was the indoor stadium back in the 80s) Brian was doing his patented solos on a Strat and he ended on a bad note. He was visibly pissed. He tried the run again and hit the same sour note. He took off the guitar and threw it across the stage. It landed behind the curtains. But, I imagine anyone in that area scattered and didn't even attempt to catch it.

My girlfriend back then was a Queen fanatic. We went to every MSG/NJ/LI show they did on a few tours. Freddie truly could not be touched in his brilliant singing and presence. Even if you weren't a fan, he wouldn't be denied. But, my friend who hated Queen saw them open for Mott The Hoople on Broadway and he told me that most of the audience was in the lobby while Queen played. I could see that. Mott and Queen didn't have much in common.

Freddie and Bowie's Under Pressure is one of my favorite duets ever. Their voices work magic on that tune.

Music tastes are an individual thing. How good the band is as musicians can be seen and heard. How successful at making money again is down to lots of things.

A man who pays little tax but lectures others on giving and morals is another thing.

A man who with at every chance cant help in spewing his loathing for others is another.

I’ve met em. Both the U2 crew and Yes.

Yes guys are great. I even even have been to Jon Anderson’s house. Got invited to play on one of his solo albums. I declined fearing I wasn’t up to the task... Now I regret my lack of courage. It could have been a gateway to a whole different world.

U2 guys are dicks. My personal experience with them has convinced me of their arrogance.
Bono he’s a shit head and tied in with that globalist Gates agenda.

I’ve heard plenty of stories from Malibu residents all hating the Edge.

Music’s ok with some very good songs, and the Edge has certainly carved out his own iconic style that many try to copy.
So he’s created a legacy for himself with his playing, I’ll give him that.

It’s funny but in a very early GPmagazine interview, he says they started out as a cover band but none of them played well enough to pull it off so they started writing their own songs. :)
And look at them now. Superstars with the attitude to match.
Yeah, I’m not a fan.

But Yes? One class act. I have more stories but I’ll save them for my memoirs. ;)

Music tastes are an individual thing. How good the band is as musicians can be seen and heard. How successful at making money again is down to lots of things.

A man who pays little tax but lectures others on giving and morals is another thing.

A man who with at every chance cant help in spewing his loathing for others is another.

That's why you should always preface your opinion with "This is my opinion". BUT, opinions can be wrong. Just not in taste. There is no such thing as "The Best" list that could apply for everyone. If you like something and think it's the best, no one should be able to change your mind on it. But, if you say "Flock of Seagulls" is the greatest band ever. You shouldn't be surprised when people look at you like you're a nutter. But, that's just my opinion.

Guess this happened in 2015

Back in 2015 the Edge had a lot on his mind...he was busy fighting the environmentalists and conservationists, so that he could get permission to build 5 houses up on top of the hills (Sweetwater Mesa) overlooking Malibu. He and 4 other friends/relatives were looking to create something of a "compound", with each of the 5 house being somewhere between 7,000-12,000 sq. ft.

He had already spent several years trying to get permission and being rejected...not to mention an estimated 6 million in legal fees and all kind of environmental reports. Apparently, once fully developed, the property would be valued at well over 60 million.
That's probably what he was thinking about when he fell off the stage. :p

It appears he finally got his permission a year later...not sure how far they've gone with construction since (maybe it's all done by now).

So a guy who can't play guitar for shit...is worth millions and can afford to buy/build in Malibu.
Must be nice.

As much as I think his guitar work is mediocre at best, and pretty much repetitive in every U2 song...he's supposed to be a really nice guy, and not just another famous jerk with money.
One of his daughter was battling leukemia also during that same period...from when she was 7 years old...but word has it she recovered and is now 19 and doing OK.

They belong in the greatest list. But, not #1. I love Queen, saw them many times and Freddie was a powerhouse vocalist and stage presence. But, by the time of his passing, they'd stop touring the US and most of the world, because they didn't have the fan base. The new Queen (you couldn't drag me to a show) are contained to hits with any vocalist who can't touch Freddie's brilliance.

They should have stopped then but for the arrogance of May. Since then it has been and always will be a tribute band. John Deacon knew that without Freddie they would have been nothing.

As regards fanbase. I would say if Freddie was to return tomorrow they would be sold out in every stadium every day. There cant be many people on the planet who do not know who he was.

Back