The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I never watched Saved by the Bell, but I remember him being on the cover of Chess Life Magazine years ago. Apparently he was a decent player.

Dave Greenfield, keyboard player of the Stranglers.

I just read about it tonight. What a shame. This is one that actually makes me very sad.

The Stranglers were a GREAT live band. Even the last time I saw them as old geezers they still had it. So unique, original and underrated.

This is one of my favorite songs. To say it's 80s is an understatement. The mood and coolness is amazing.

Rush Limbaugh. Lung cancer. He fought a good fight, in many ways. Wasn't supposed to make it past October.

I'll miss his voice, insight, positivity, and perhaps most of all his sense of humor. He drove the left nuts with his sense of humor. They just didn't get that it wasn't mean spirited, often he was just taking the piss, which made it all the more hilarious. "The golden EIB(excellence in broadcasting) microphone", "talent on loan from God", the shtick drove the left nuts.

Favorite moments listening to his broadcast were the times when young people called into his show, some even children. He was so gracious, instructive, encouraging. A true gentleman.

Many do not know that Rush invited Elton John to perform at his wedding. One would think this would not be a good fit, the two seemingly being on the opposite ends of the political ideology spectrum. Elton was unsurprisingly, surprised. Elton thought if Rush could reach across the aisle with the invitation, then Elton would also, he accepted the invitation. A million bucks doesn't hurt either. John is quoted as saying Rush and his new bride "were incredibly gracious and very welcoming and very sweet and very appreciative."

RIP, Rush. I will miss you, as will millions.

I wasn't a Rush follower, but I could be caught enjoying a broadcast here and there. I had the radio channel set because there was also a great show on cigars. The cigar show was very educative about cigars and associated activities.

R.I.P Rush

Back