The Celebrity Obituary Thread

Neil Pert...gone at 67

What the hell. Surely not Rush's Neil Peart? In my garage my buddies and I used to argue who was the best drummer, Peart was a popluar choice. He used to do these amazing drum solo's live, I feel lucky to have experienced them in full awesomeness.

50 yr career....grammys and awards and top charts....and 5 wives! (more than Dewey Cox)
The Gambler... 1978 to 88 was the big decade, polyester suits and big money...Kenny was everywhere for awhile, most wouldnt know who he is today.
Back in my late teens you couldnt get away from him....he was on TV, Radio, Jukebox's AM and FM radio...kind of a Polyester suit Showtime music, not really Country Hank Williams and definitely not Van Halen, but he was winning Grammys and took # 1's home.
RIP

John Prine

I was following his progress on another website...a shame he died...but then, he had quite a bit of other health issues the last few years, so he wasn't doing weel to begin with. Not saying it's to be expected that he was going to die...just that his life was kinda not that great for a few years now.

At least he's no longer dealing with all that now.
Great songwriter...not on everyone's radar, but certainly beloved by many.

Back