The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I think it's probably closer to about 100 to 1 based on "your" numbers.

Yeah, this place is pretty slow. Especially compared to the heyday. Whenever that was. Back just after 9-11, you could basically carry on a live conversation. Now, you post and wait and wait and sometimes wait.

Gotta say this thread and the one at A&A are two that totally have that feel of yesteryear even though it does take days rather than minutes to keep it going...Those were some pretty cool times with some damn funny, informative and interesting people :laughings:

It's weird but if you go to Prime Time and click on page 120, it feels like you're back in the Cave. Is that even possible? Have I stumbled on the time portal?

Obviously. lol.

And I can't forget to include the World Economic Summit at Davos, where the world's wealthiest elite meet each year to plot global domination. Even Bono was spotted there last year, and that just demonstrates the depth of the conspiracy.

And I can't forget to include the World Economic Summit at Davos, where the world's wealthiest elite meet each year to plot global domination. Even Bono was spotted there last year, and that just demonstrates the depth of the conspiracy.

It's good you didn't mention the Deep State which is directing all of it.

Last edited:
I swear...if someone asked me 10-15 years ago about Doris Day, I would have said, "oh, she's dead". :D
It was a surprise not that she just died...but that she had been still alive until just the day before.
I mean, you just never heard anything about her anymore...no late night TV appearances, no red carpet award show attendances... and the only thing that would pop-up about her was the occasional old movie on TMC.
I was never that much a DD fan...she's OK, but just played almost every roll with that "oldest virgin alive" kind of style that was not very believable...but she had a great voice, and also did a few decent what I consider "out of character" rolls. It was all those later career movies with Rock Hudson and James Garner and others where she was always playing some kind of prudish woman....always being chased but never giving in...I just never watched her movies.
Anyway...RIP.

Peggy Lipton was a bit of a surprise...I was seeing her more recently doing smaller roles in movies...after only remembering her as the younger hot chick in "The Mod Squad"...but when you're a young boy, all those TV chicks were hot. :p
She was still pretty good looking even in old age...she held up very well. Sad to hear she died...still pretty young.

Insaw a picture of her a few months back and clearly she was happy being a non-celeb and doing good things with her life. The thing I find sad are those youtube where are they now videos on youtube. All the famous movies and TV shows US and UK, and the sad thing is the big faces and names I remember who were in a show say in the 70s, and died in the 80s or 90s - yet I remember them so well. The ones who are still alive are frequently ancient, very ill looking and a shadow of themselves in their youth. Other grow old gracefully, others just look totally different. I'm lucky in that I still look like me - just an old version. I've still got my hair too. At a school reunion, I took great comfort in the school romeos and bullies who are now decrepit! Yeah! The Gorky plain girls who now look lovely, and the heart throb ones now very much burnt out! There is some justice in the world.

the Babyboom must contribute to a higher amount of obits? and the fact TV became so huge, more and more "stars" we became familiar with and so the new massive internet media can announce to the www more Obits...who died. Seems daily someone from Music biz or TV land is dying.

Tim Conway died...comedian....Carol Burnet Show....

Peggy Lipton was a bit of a surprise...I was seeing her more recently doing smaller roles in movies...after only remembering her as the younger hot chick in "The Mod Squad"...but when you're a young boy, all those TV chicks were hot. :p
She was still pretty good looking even in old age...she held up very well. Sad to hear she died...still pretty young.

Didn't know this until I read about it here. She was married to Quincy Jones, another "I didn't know".

---------- Update ----------

Tim Conway died...comedian....Carol Burnet Show....

Didn't know this one either. I was out of the country for a couple of weeks, and even with the Internet, somethings just don't pop up outside the US.

Where I grew up Disco didnt happen, it was on TV, on the news, but was like a different planet...or New Yok City or something. Instead we had Lynrd Skynrd and ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet.... yet there were the ACDC,CHEAP TRICK and Rod Stewarts and David Bowie stuff changing to Dance-y disco sex blatant music to screw by...so....

thats the way uh huh uh I like it..uh huh uh huh...would stick in the brain, even if you didnt like it, and couldnt prevent it from going # 1.... Hot Stuff...baby this evening...Hot Stuff Hot Stuff.... want a al ot of Hot Stuff...

it was like in my opinion a time of too much all the time conflicting, division of the molecules of rock n roll again...

like the rock n roll atom was split and now there were 100 new genres branching off from the other genres.

lets dance the last dance for Donna Disco Queen ...hail hail rock n roll?

Back