The Celebrity Obituary Thread

No.

Hendrix flipped a righty guitar for lefty playing...but he restrung it so the low string was on top the way it normally is.
Seems he did both.

“Jimi modified his first (right-handed) guitars for his natural leftism – restringing and changing the nut. But when Al was around, he felt he had to play a right-handed guitar simply flipped over (treble E at the top). ... And Hendrix still played brilliantly.”

Al is Albert Kng.

Seems he did both.

“Jimi modified his first (right-handed) guitars for his natural leftism – restringing and changing the nut. But when Al was around, he felt he had to play a right-handed guitar simply flipped over (treble E at the top). ... And Hendrix still played brilliantly.”

Al is Albert Kng.

Yeah...that's right, I forget about that...DUH...Albert King also played a righty upside down, with the strings upside down, low on the bottom.

I think the story about Jimi and Al King was something rare...he pretty much always played the righty guitar with the strings restrung normally, low on top.
I don't think I've ever seen an image or movie/video clip of him playing with the strings also upside down...but I wouldn't be surprised with Hendrix.
To instantly flip your playing is not an easy thing to do...your chords, lead runs, etc, would be weird if you went from normal string order to flipped...but Hendrix was a master, and I'm sure he could do that just out of respect for King.

Yeah...that's right, I forget about that...DUH...Albert King also played a righty upside down, with the strings upside down, low on the bottom.

I think the story about Jimi and Al King was something rare...he pretty much always played the righty guitar with the strings restrung normally, low on top.
I don't think I've ever seen an image or movie/video clip of him playing with the strings also upside down...but I wouldn't be surprised with Hendrix.
To instantly flip your playing is not an easy thing to do...your chords, lead runs, etc, would be weird if you went from normal string order to flipped...but Hendrix was a master, and I'm sure he could do that just out of respect for King.
To go even further with Hendrix, apparently his father wanted him to play righty. So when the father was around, he would take his “lefty” guitar (i.e., restrung righty) and flip it over and play right handed with the strings in reverse order. :eek:

It boggles the mind.

To go even further with Hendrix, apparently his father wanted him to play righty. So when the father was around, he would take his “lefty” guitar (i.e., restrung righty) and flip it over and play right handed with the strings in reverse order. :eek:

It boggles the mind.

I'm kinda wondering if that quote you posted earlier mentioning "Al"...is really talking about his father Al...and not Albert King...?

I'm kinda wondering if that quote you posted earlier mentioning "Al"...is really talking about his father Al...and not Albert King...?
You could be right. I didn’t know the father was named Al. My bad.

Not sure where I got the Albert King reference.

Scott Walker passed away. I had originally come across his work through David Bowie's cover version of The Walker Bros. Nite Flights, great song BTW. It was his later solo work on The Drift that really stood out to me. Almost 10 years ago I, along with some musician friends, recorded what we deemed as an homage to Scott Walker. The song basically starts off as a 60's pop style song ala Scott's early work and descends into something more along the lines of his later solo work. Quite proud of it and Scott Walker was quite the original artist. You can hear our "tribute" song here if you're interested: "I Will Be Acquitted" - Chthonic Pop Ensemble

My wife got a CNN news alert on her phone the other day saying that Nipsey Hustle had been killed. I thought that she said, Nipsey Russell, and replied: "Oh, I thought he died years ago." I am so f-ing old it hurts my brain.

YouTube

RIP Mr. Hustle and Mr. Russsell

DWILLIS in the house!!! WTF, dude. How are you?

I was hoping to be a dead celebrity by now but I can't seem to die or become famous. :D

I left this place in 2007 and A&A a couple years later. I couldn't really stand the drama and the productivity suck anymore. Too much of a drain on my soul and my time. I only came back because I heard that this place had become MySpace for grandparents. I love retro (still have my AOL e-mail) and somehow I became a grandfather. :D

I was hoping to be a dead celebrity by now but I can't seem to die or become famous. :D

Well I was told you passed away from a heart attack years ago by someone who I thought had insight so you were kind of halfway there. And I still have every photoshop you ever did of me so to me you were kind of dead and famous. I'm glad you're not dead, btw.

I left this place in 2007 and A&A a couple years later. I couldn't really stand the drama and the productivity suck anymore. Too much of a drain on my soul and my time. I only came back because I heard that this place had become MySpace for grandparents. I love retro (still have my AOL e-mail) and somehow I became a grandfather. :D
Any chance I can get you to check in at A&A? There is zero drama and the guys were fucking stoked to hear you weren't dead.

Well I was told you passed away from a heart attack years ago by someone who I thought had insight so you were kind of halfway there. And I still have every photoshop you ever did of me so to me you were kind of dead and famous. I'm glad you're not dead, btw.

That's a good one! Now I feel like Mark Twain who famously said, "Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated."

Dude...this is really weird....being as the powers that be not only killed the Cave but buried it too ( rather than just archive it for us to be able to go back and visit they deleted it from the system...bastards! :rolleyes:) there is no way to go back and review the post..Like most of the old timers here I am suffering from CRS big time but totally thought you had passed away from a heart attack ....I mean there was a lot of us kind of shocked and bummed n all no mo photoshopped pics of the EZ n shit...

When EZ said you were back I thought perhaps someone had hacked your account being as your last post prior to about a month ago was 2007...holy shit... Well if this is really you welcome the fuck back! If it really isn't you then welcome the fuck back too! you fucking hacker! BTW A&A is alive and well and more entertaining than Prime Time which is a mere shell of what it replaced "Jenny's place" (Boring) and not even close to what the dragon cave was..alas tis what it is and that's all it is....

Well glad it seems you're not dead and are breathing...breathing is good as long as you have your mind and your body still works....gets kind of boring otherwise....

I'm I like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense?

Totally....dude if I remember right ( unlikely) there was like some deal where your wife came here and posted about how it was so unexpected n shit...this is really weird... EZ Willis photoshop pictures or it didn't happen..

Back