Attachments

• lynyrd-skynyrd.jpg
    lynyrd-skynyrd.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 6
  • strawberry.jpg
    strawberry.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I never thought of him as much but he was huge with the ladys, he was like a new James Bond or something, or Elvis like.
Confident, bad boy-good guy, Smokey and the Bandit......Longest Yard...... dang? I think back he was even in old black and white 1950's as an extra in like Gunsmoke or Perry Mason wasnt he?

82....he beat the average by 4-5yrs. But didnt he have alzheimers or something. I cant remember.

RIP Burt

Seemed he had a lot of fun making them movies. Smokey and The Bandit with Jackie Gleason was a real hoot. I can't remember off hand, but he was offered and turned down a lot of roles in a lot of successful films back in the day. Maybe Hans Solo in Star Wars?...quite a few others as well. I kind of want to say "Sonny" in The Godfather, but that's probably not right.

There's a recent movie about an old has-been actor who a bunch of frat boys haul off to a supposed honor function, old actor thinks it's going to be a big deal, turns out it's just a film school frat house party of sorts. Something like that. Shenanigans ensue....or sadness in the realization that the last act is being played out and the final curtain call beckons. I booked marked it, might be as good a time as any to take a look. I think it was rated to not suck.

He was sharp right up until the end. No alzheimer's. I was just watching some old Burt w/ Johnny Carson Tonight Show appearances, and more recent Burt interviews a couple of weeks ago. He looked old and frail, but was definitely still there mentally.

RIP

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but it's just too damn funny......

Attachments

• 41244171_2287556084652677_2883308874058694656_n.jpg
    41244171_2287556084652677_2883308874058694656_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 11
I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but it's just too damn funny......

It's funny. :D

The best Keith joke about him being dead I saw in an old Musician magazine (I think it was there)...and they had a few pictures of him over the years, and under each the caption was something like:

"Keith Richards - 1970 - The Living Dead"
"Keith Richards - 1980 - The Living Dead"
"Keith Richards - 1990 - The Living Dead"

They can now continue with:

"Keith Rchards - 2000 - The Living Dead"
"Keith Rchards - 2010 - The Living Dead"
"Keith Rchards - 20?? - The Living Dead"

:p

Someday, there'll be nothing much left
But a page in a book, or a vinyl LP
Stuffed away in a closet, imagine
Not a living soul left, alive who has lived
Through the best era yet, the 1960s

Colleague William Zabaleta told Variety that Emerick collapsed and died Tuesday while they were talking on the telephone. He said Emerick had suffered from heart problems in recent years.

FUCK! Best metal guitarist ever! :)

I am actually not kidding. He is just an amazing player. Always loved that dood...

R.I.P. Roy....

This one slipped through I think,

Tony Joe White. Passed away Oct 24th at 75 years old. Link.

My Band actually still does a Tony Joe White song in our cover material, "As The Crow Flies" our version however is more like the Rory Gallagher version.

Thanks Tony.

Alan

Back