The Celebrity Obituary Thread

I guess it must really suck being young! :p I saw Zappa live a few times, but never caught Jimi.

When you have my tastes, yeah very much. Very few of my artistic idols are still with us. I saw Dwezil durring the first Zappa Plays Zappa tour, which was awesome. . . Napoleon Murphy Brock, Steve Vai, and Terry Bozio were all a part of it. Dwezil is an awesome performer in his own right. It would have been cool to see Frank live though. I've seen videos of course, but also. . . people like Zappa would have been a blast to see commenting and satirizing the current socio-political climate. I really get bummed about Bill Hicks and George Carlin with that as well. Bill Hicks doing a bit about Donald Trump would be sidesplitting.

I saw Hendrix in San Antonio, TX in 1968. I don't know if that makes me lucky, or just old. :(

Oh man! How was it? I would have loved to have been around when Hendrix was new. . . Nowadays, I can listen to him in the context of all the modern music that was inspired by him. I can't imagine hearing THAT with nothing to reference it to. It's like blues thrown into a meat grinder filled with blunts and magic mushrooms.

Oh man! How was it? I would have loved to have been around when Hendrix was new. . . Nowadays, I can listen to him in the context of all the modern music that was inspired by him. I can't imagine hearing THAT with nothing to reference it to. It's like blues thrown into a meat grinder filled with blunts and magic mushrooms.
I was also at Woodstock in '69 (although I didn't see Jimi there). I did, however, see an unknown band called Santana. :eek:

Ronnie Corbett. :(

"French wine growers fear that this year's vintage may be entirely spoiled due to the grape treaders' sit-in."

"A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals.

"We will be talking to an out of work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet."

"All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand."

"This is a message for seven honeymoon couples in a hotel in Peebles: Breakfast was served three days ago."

"A man was marooned on a desert island. One day a beautiful woman arrives in a wet suit. 'When did you last have a smoke?' she asks. 'Five years ago.' So she gets out a cigar and he smokes it. She unzips her wet suit a bit and says, 'When did you last have a drink?' He said, 'Five years ago.' So she gets out a bottle of Scotch and he has a drink. Then she unzips her wet suit a bit more and says, 'And when was the last time you played around?' He looks at her in amazement and says: 'You're not telling me you've got a set of golf clubs in there?"'

It was revealed in a government survey published today that the Prime Minister is doing the work of two men, Laurel and Hardy."

"There was a fire at the main Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done."

"West Mersea police announced tonight that they wish to interview a man wearing high heels and frilly knickers, but the Chief Constable said they must wear their normal uniforms."

"We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame."

"After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he is looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn't find him, he's going to use both eyes."

This should have probably gone in the jokes thread, but, farewell Ronnie.

Alan.

P.S, missed this classic:
"After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he is looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn't find him, he's going to use both eyes."

Birthday/Deathday? Odd but it happens. I think there's some psychological brain wave shit going on a lot of times. I knew a couple guys that seemed to have a premonition. Tidied up their shit and passed.

Not quite a celebrity, but avant garde legend Tony Conrad is dead. John Cale's playing on VU and Nico was completely influenced by his "circles of sound" approach on violin. He collaborated with dozens of such respected artists as La Monte Young, the Velvet Underground, Faust, Psychic TV and Gastr Del Sol, just to name a few, and continues to influence modern artists. Was lucky enough to see him once in the 90s with Gastr Del Sol.

Not a Merle Haggard fan (at all), but sad when anyone dies. There'll be a tear in my beer for him tonight.

3d32daf3763370570a5a1e2f22f9a07d.jpg

Back