The Celebrity Obituary Thread

yeah, apparently he had a nerve disorder that would have made it eventually impossible for him to play the piano and he was reportedly very torn up about it. Really not good.

What a bad week, I was a big ELP fan, have all the early albums that I collected when in school and still like listening to them. Keith Emerson was having trouble with playing for a while, if you have a look at the Emerson, Lake, & Palmer: Live at Montreaux 1997 DVD, he is having trouble with finger movement that you can see in the closeups, he was still cutting it then but if it was getting worse after that he would have been devastated. So sad.

Alan.

For this year's dead pool, I predict a member of ZZ Top will be "Eliminated".I don't know which one. My psychic senses tell me the word "Beard" is significant. I'm not sure what it means, though.

Aww shit, Beeze. Don't go there. There's one guy named Beard with no beard and two guys with beards not named Beard. I would like it if they all stuck around a spell.

yeah, apparently he had a nerve disorder that would have made it eventually impossible for him to play the piano and he was reportedly very torn up about it. Really not good.

Also suffering from depression. What lurks beneath the surface can often be the worse (unseen) thing.

I saw ELP in 72 (Pictures at an Exhibition tour).

What a bad week, I was a big ELP fan, have all the early albums that I collected when in school and still like listening to them. Keith Emerson was having trouble with playing for a while, if you have a look at the Emerson, Lake, & Palmer: Live at Montreaux 1997 DVD, he is having trouble with finger movement that you can see in the closeups, he was still cutting it then but if it was getting worse after that he would have been devastated. So sad.

Alan.

Yeah, me too. People don't even realize that Keith Emerson inadvertently paved the way for the modern synth and it being accepted as a popular music instrument rather than a sci-fi gimmick or music for early computer geeks. It really isn't a fitting end for someone like that. He's a bit like the Robin Williams of music in that regard. At least cancer got most of the others. . . self inflicted is terrible. I busted out some of my ELP vinyl over the last few days.

Looks like they finally found DJ Derek. :(

Wow, that's an obscure, but terrible one. Looks like someone killed him on his way home from the bus. He doesn't look like he'd win a fight so some sicko probably thought he was an easy old man target that nobody would care about (do you think the person who did it knew who he was or was it random?). That's depressing. Remind me to avoid this thread a bit, because I prefer my music people alive.

Frank Sinatra Jr....

No, you're right. Doesn't qualify for the thread.

(I didn't even know there was a Frank Sinatra Jr) :D

Looks like someone killed him on his way home from the bus. He doesn't look like he'd win a fight so some sicko probably thought he was an easy old man target that nobody would care about (do you think the person who did it knew who he was or was it random?).

Wait, where are you reading this whole murder angle?
73 year olds do just die without any outside help sometimes.

Wait, where are you reading this whole murder angle?
73 year olds do just die without any outside help sometimes.

Maybe he's like a cat. Thought "It's time", then got off the bus and walked into the bush, and laid down for a peaceful death.... We should all be so lucky.

Back