Calm in a sea of turbulence

RFR

Yup. Here’s some feeling good stuff.

Sweetwater! What a great company.

I’m on my third rep now. I hardly buy anything from them. I think I’ve spent about 1500 bucks with them over the last 5 years.

Don’t get me wrong, I get plenty of gear, just not from an online retail store.

My ‘new’ rep gave me a call. My response was “how’d you get so unlucky to be assigned to me?” We laughed.

But this dude and I ended up having a half an hour conversation about recording, hybrid setups, pros and cons of PT, guitars, kids, HR forum, blah blah.

In the end I said I should let him get back to work to actually make some money :)

But before hanging up, I got some headphones on sale.

My whole experience with them has been very uplifting, never getting the idea they’re just ass kissing to make a buck.

I’m a low level customer but still always get treated like a king.

Great place!

I Second That Emotion!

WIth Sennheiser having the E935 on sale for $99, I went again and grabbed one to go with the 835s I have used for years as live vocal mics. 30 minutes after I placed the order, my rep, Dontae, called. We talked for about 15 minutes about how things are going, Covid restrictions, etc. He's served me well over the years. When I wanted to get a case for my old Guild S100, he went to the warehouse, pulled a case and a current S100, checked the fit and sent me pictures. A month later, I was in the area, and stopped in. He pull the case, and showed me the fit. Perfect! I took it home that day.

I've bought mics, a pedal board, recording gear, etc over the years, but I'm not a big spender either. It doesn't matter. Its a great company to deal with. I would love to spend a day in their recording studios. They are first class.

Great company. I bought my Kemper there. It was a demo and when it arrived, long story short, wasn't exactly as new but opened. Called my rep, he made a report, escalated it to senior management and they sent me out a brand new unit. Way more than I expected. Now days, they're the only store I use. Plus Sweetwater is less than an hours drive.......

I'm actually friends with a sales rep there, having nothing to do with his being a sales rep there. They do go above and beyond.

It's a decent company it seems. They'll give you 10-15% off just about anything that doesn't have a manufacturer's set price - if you ask nicely.

I like dealing with Sweetwater, they are very helpful and they send candy. I recently spent around $800.00 on various items and am thinking of ordering an electronic drum kit from them. As someone else mentioned, if you are nice they are willing to give some great discounts.

Wow that's a great story RFR Nice to hear ...I have been dealing with Sweetwater a looooong ass time, actually dealt with the owner Chuck Surrack back in the mid to late 90's when I purchased a used Kurzweil K-250 (the brilliant beginning of the digital piano world) and Sweetwater was the only place you could buy the sound blocks. They were crazy expensive as was the original K-250 @ $10K in the late 80's.

I've gone through several reps some were amazing, some not so much. Cool company though and every now and then I can still throw them some business.

Back