Bye bye tooth....

MadAudio

Damned if I do
So tomorrow I'm going to the dentist and he is going to remove my one and only wisdom tooth (lower right in case you're all that interested). While I think it has been fairly unobtrusive, the dentist does not concur. He also tells me that since it is not impacted and is already a bit loose it should be an easy procedure. Well in my book, having any part of your body removed is not "easy." But he assures me that I'll be able to eat dinner that same night. We'll see. :confused:

I'm just hoping he can get it all in one piece so I can keep it! :eek: :D

And FWIW, I already have a speech prepared for why I haven't been flossing as much as I should have been since the last visit! :D :D :D

Hey Norman!

I'm glad you have returned!

I missed you, dude. :)

You still wearing that sweat filled Jamfest hat?

I have 4 cut out at once and that night I was eating fried pork chops and macaroni and cheese.....

i had good drugs too....

rinse it out well, dont smoke......

The prodigal poster named MadAudio
He hath returnèd to our studio
He's come crawling back
Because he's addicted to crack
Just like the erstwhile mayor of his barrio :p

...no wisdom teeth here....never had 'em, never will.....a natural born fool I guess...:D

You are very highly evolved, just as I have always suspected! Wisdom teeth are becoming extinct in humans, and given the state of things these days that's no surprise! :D

Mine did, as they were drilling them out :eek:

One of them wasn't fully numb. I bravely wept, like a little girl :o
lol, i was mostly out...id come in and out all through it...i heard crunching...i felt tugging....i heard a drill and smelled kinda smoky....it was a trip....

I have 4 cut out at once and that night I was eating fried pork chops and macaroni and cheese.....

i had good drugs too....

rinse it out well, dont smoke......
really? I've got to get all 4 out and I'm stressing about it.

I had three wisdom teeth and they were all removed in my early 20s. I had them done at the Ohio State Dental School because it was cheap--$25 per tooth including parts and labor. :D The student had trouble getting one out so she got help from the instructor. Other than that, it went smoothly. I looked like a chipmunk afterwards but the beer and tylenol helped.

Mad, it sounds like this is the Summer of dental work for you. :confused: Didn't you also get a crown done?

So tomorrow I'm going to the dentist and he is going to remove my one and only wisdom tooth (lower right in case you're all that interested). While I think it has been fairly unobtrusive, the dentist does not concur. He also tells me that since it is not impacted and is already a bit loose it should be an easy procedure. Well in my book, having any part of your body removed is not "easy." But he assures me that I'll be able to eat dinner that same night. We'll see. :confused:

I'm just hoping he can get it all in one piece so I can keep it! :eek: :D
you and your tooth weren't compatable

Out? I just had novocaine, and apparently not enough!
i guess if an oral surgeon does it he can give ya better drugs....i would not let them do this conscious anyway....cut the gums open, drill and crack up the teeth, and then pull them out.....nope, put me out....

Have you considered doing the extraction yourself? There's a lot of good used equipment on e-bay and a bunch of helpful DIY articles out there. There might even be a forum (like this one) to help. I mean, if you can record at home, why can't you also pull teeth?

Attachments

• DIYDentist.jpg
    DIYDentist.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 53
This afternoon I am having all of my remaining teeth pulled and getting full dentures. I'm really not looking forward to the procedure, but they're giving me great drugs for it -- demerol, phenergan and halcyon. I will be supremely looped today!

Back