Bye bye tooth....

Here is a piece of advice. If you are going to be put out, as in "count backwards from 100...", they use sodium pentathol to put you out. That's 'truth serum'. Whomever drives you home will be able to ask any question and you will give a truthful answer. I lost a girlfriend that way.

Didn't someone on this board pull their own tooth a few months ago? For some reason I think he was UK or Irish.

Nitrous oxide isn't a pain killer. It's a relaxant. I would assume they are using novacain along with it...I hope.

I'm sure the Demerol will be helping too. I will probably be in no condition to log on tonight, but I'll post tomorrow on how it goes. Whatever I remember.

i've have all four wisdom teeth out. just novocain and pliers every time. the first one was done by a tiny female dentist who had to pull with everything she had to get it out. she earned her money that day lol.

It's done! The drug cocktail was amazing! He nailed me with lots of novocaine and proceeded to pull every tooth out of my head. Popped the dentures in and off I went. To the pharmacy for percocet and motrin and then home. That's where everything goes blank. Next thing I knew, it was 2am and my wonderful girlfriend brought me pudding and another motrin. Not much pain at all. I'm eating applesauce to put something in my stomach for another pill.
Lovethatsmile.jpg

It's done! The drug cocktail was amazing! He nailed me with lots of novocaine and proceeded to pull every tooth out of my head. Popped the dentures in and off I went. To the pharmacy for percocet and motrin and then home. That's where everything goes blank. Next thing I knew, it was 2am and my wonderful girlfriend brought me pudding and another motrin. Not much pain at all. I'm eating applesauce to put something in my stomach for another pill.

Yes, but you'd rather be sailing, right? :confused: :p :D

Attachments

• irish-folkerSailing.jpg
    irish-folkerSailing.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 50
Looks good Irishfolker.....

I had one removed in the dentist's chair when I was about 18, then maybe a year later I had the other three removed at the university dental center. I'm not sure why there but my dentist must have referred me. They laid me out on a table and covered my whole head with a cloth. The anethesiologist shot me up with 6 needles of novocain. They proceeded to slice open my gums and cut/break up the teeth. The noise was a little freaky, and the smell of smoke was scary. I left with stitches and a chipmunk face. I don't think I ate anything solid the first night....:eek:

Looks good Irishfolker.....

I had one removed in the dentist's chair when I was about 18, then maybe a year later I had the other three removed at the university dental center. I'm not sure why there but my dentist must have referred me. They laid me out on a table and covered my whole head with a cloth. The anethesiologist shot me up with 6 needles of novocain. They proceeded to slice open my gums and cut/break up the teeth. The noise was a little freaky, and the smell of smoke was scary. I left with stitches and a chipmunk face. I don't think I ate anything solid the first night....:eek:

oooowwwww. :(

Well, I overslept last week, so the extraction was done today. It was really pretty easy. He numbed me up real good and all I felt was the tugging.

I was lucky. I had four impacted wisdom teeth and one was giving me some trouble. They put me under and about an instant later I woke up again, having apparently visited the time travel booth in the interim. No wisdom teeth, no swelling. I heard that three were easy and the fourth had been growing backwards into my jawbone... that one took two Ukranian nurses and a hydraulic ram to get out.

If anyone has any further dental work planned, talk to me first. I might be able to arrange a special HomeRec discount. :p

Attachments

• DwillDentist.jpg
    DwillDentist.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 21
Back