Bye Bye Gearslutz Political correctness rears its ugly head

I have a transgender XLR. They never caught on, but it's damn clever. You prod the button and the female really does turn into a male. Neutrik were truly a game changer.

They were petitioned by thousands of audio professionals, forum members, and enthusiasts from around the web. The owner agreed that, even though the original name was a joke about gear enthusiasts and meant no harm, its time for a change to a more inclusive and positive name.

I personally despise that place, but it has been entertaining to see the butthurt about it from people that won't be at all harmed by the change.

Butthurt is the exact right word for these snowflakes. Imagine being triggered by a harmless name change.

I've always been skeptical of gearslutz. Something about that forum just doesn't feel right to me. Like, there are ulterior motives. It just smells like there are people there who aren't giving true independent opinions, and they have an interest in selling something.

When I first bought my car there was a forum just for people who owned my car. It was completely overrun by dealership employees and General motors employees who were pimping the product. The slightest criticism of the car would be met with people piling on and disagreeing. It creates a kind of momentum and average posters get caught up in it too. Fairly quickly it became apparent that opinions in that forum could not be trusted due to (mostly) undisclosed conflicts of interest.

I get that same vibe from gearslutz.

More inclusive and doesn't demean either of the two genders or others that may exist:confused: (or is the name already taken somewhere?) :D

Foot fetish with UA gear????

Attachments

• gearfetish.jpg
    gearfetish.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 3
What about words that were hijacked and now can't be used:

Gay: someone that was happy, The flintstones theme had "Gay old time" in it?

Fag: Cigarette, known as a fag in colloquial British English.

Dyke: An embankment to prevent flooding or a water course.

Spook: A ghost

The list goes on and I always feel pissed that these words have been hijacked into meaning something else. Maybe I'll write a song with all the words in it LOL with the words having the original meaning.

Alan

Fag: Cigarette, known as a fag in colloquial British English.

Dyke: An embankment to prevent flooding or a water course.

Spook: A ghost

The list goes on and I always feel pissed that these words have been hijacked into meaning something else. Maybe I'll write a song with all the words in it LOL with the words having the original meaning.

Alan

George Orwell in 1984 talked extensively about changing of the language. Newspeak. Change the language, you change how people think.

Gay men were always portrayed as happy, especially the camp ones on tv/films. I would have thought that a good thing? Perhaps they really are?

Gay is also a mans and I think womans name and means the same.

Gay men were always portrayed as happy, especially the camp ones on tv/films. I would have thought that a good thing? Perhaps they really are?

Gay is also a mans and I think womans name and means the same.

Gay was a well used woman's name in the past spelt Gaye. Camp was somewhere that you put tents up, LOL another hijacked word.

Alan

There are lots.

Knob......is a door handle or drawer handle but also means other in UK.

Tit ...........means a few things including a European bird.

Fanny .........means bottom in America because you dont know your a*rse for your elbow. Elsewhere it means other as well as a womans name.

Dick.......is a nickname for Richard and other things.

Hole .......means some kind of depression or tunnel. But in Ireland not so.

I think every word in the English language has several meanings and could be in some form derogatory.

So what are you going to ban next

There are many words where the meanings change within slang and the time. But, they're not outlawed. You're not quieted because you use them. You might be insulted. You might have assholes say "you shouldn't say that." But, you're not silenced. You're not forced to change.

Context is a word PC assholes have removed from their vocabulary.

You cannot say ‘poof’ on TV because it’s insulting, but it’s ok to SHOW people’s genitals in full closeup to prospective partners on a national tv game show, and talk about them! The world has gone mad!

Back