Black Friday - Cyber Monday Deals Thread - Post them up!

This is an amazing deal.
Supro Amp

I'm just not sure about the printed circuit board in terms of quality, possible lack of headroom, and the overall sound of the amp -- sound is good but a bit of a one trick pony, but very good at what it does.

This is an amazing deal.
Supro Amp

I'm just not sure about the printed circuit board in terms of quality, possible lack of headroom, and the overall sound of the amp -- sound is good but a bit of a one trick pony, but very good at what it does.

Yeah...not a bad deal, but I like the other one because it's a bigger amp, and the fact that it comes with a 15" speaker. :)
Supro is now owned/manufactured by the Pigtronix people...and their pedals have always been top-notch quality (I have several of them)...so I think the quality in the Supro amps should be pretty good.

I don't think I would pay the original prices for them...but at basically half-price, not a bad deal.

Yeah...not a bad deal, but I like the other one because it's a bigger amp, and the fact that it comes with a 15" speaker. :)
Supro is now owned/manufactured by the Pigtronix people...and their pedals have always been top-notch quality (I have several of them)...so I think the quality in the Supro amps should be pretty good.

I don't think I would pay the original prices for them...but at basically half-price, not a bad deal.

Sorry, I didn't see you posted a Supro as well.
I guess several of their amps are half off. I wish I liked the sound a bit more...doesn't sound especially versatile to me. I want to love it instead of just liking it.

I'm looking for a small, versatile gig amp that's in that price range.

I want to love it instead of just liking it.

Yeah...I crossed that line too in the last coupe of years. I've had way too many amps over the years that I kinda liked, but then there was always one more amp around the corner that I wanted to check out because I wasn't really finding amps I truly loved.

Which model have you heard/tried that you didn't really like the sound of...?

Yeah...I crossed that line too in the last coupe of years. I've had way too many amps over the years that I kinda liked, but then there was always one more amp around the corner that I wanted to check out because I wasn't really finding amps I truly loved.

Which model have you heard/tried that you didn't really like the sound of...?

Honestly, I'm really picky with amps and don't like almost all of them, so it's better making a list of the ones I love:
Fender Princeton Brownface version, Sequel Ravine (GA-40 type clone), Gibson GA-50, and Magic Amplification Vibro Deluxe (Fender Clone but more reliable/consistent in build than actual the actual 60s Fenders).

I'm trying to find a gig amp that is relatively cheap/can beat up and yet still do those things. Supro is close but not quite.

I never got into Marshalls and other high gain amps. They sound brittle to my ear and aren't versatile enough.

Honestly, I'm really picky with amps and don't like almost all of them, so it's better making a list of the ones I love:
Fender Princeton Brownface version, Sequel Ravine (GA-40 type clone), Gibson GA-50, and Magic Amplification Vibro Deluxe (Fender Clone but more consistent than actual Fenders).

I meant which of the Supro amps... :)
...but yeah, my own "really love" list is much reduced now.

When I discovered Carol Ann amps a few years ago, I found my "holy grail", though I now have three of them and am looking at a fourth, with each one giving me a unique flavor, so as a whole, they all fall under that "holy grail" umbrella, covering the EL34/6L6 classic Rock/Blues tones, plus great clean stuff too.
For something different and with a more "American" Rock flavor, I have my three 6V6 amps...a Swart SST 30, a Savage Macht 12X, and a custom 5E3 clone from Tungsten Amps, but with better headroom and more punch than a classic 5E3.

If I score a 4th CA amp I think that will be it for me...at least I will not have any plans, needs or motivation to look for more amps, and the four CA amps along with my other three would be my complete amp line-up, covering all but the more extreme Metal type high-gain...but I've got a slew of pedals that can push one of my amps into that territory, if should ever want to do a Metal tune...which is unlikely. :p

Here's another Black Friday deal I just came across:

T Rex Fuel Tank Junior Power Supply with Cables | Alto Music | Reverb

I meant which of the Supro amps... :)

Oooh. I have never played one in person. The stores around me don't carry them, and I rarely see them used to test on craiglist. I listen to every youtube of (well recorded) Supros and just can't get into them 100%. They seem like a compromise...90% there. Maybe that's fine for gigging? 6V6 is my favorite output stage tube. Octal preamps are very interesting preamp tubes for cleans. Prone to microphonics but awesome if you get good ones. That's why I really like the old Gibsons and their clones. Great jazz/clean amps. [MENTION=185561]Robus[/MENTION] uses a GoldTone which is similar to those and sounds awesome, but I think it uses EL84s. The originals use 6L6s, which are better imo.

I'll check out Carol Ann!

My ideal amp: tight low end, very round yet pure highs, responsive to player's touch (fixed bias?), high headroom, nice breakup past noon. It's hard to find in any one amp, but especially a gig amp. I guess I'm searching for a holy grain that isn't possible. Haha. If you know of anything let me know!

My ideal amp: tight low end, very round yet pure highs, responsive to player's touch (fixed bias?), high headroom, nice breakup past noon. It's hard to find in any one amp, but especially a gig amp. I guess I'm searching for a holy grain that isn't possible. Haha. If you know of anything let me know!

Mmmm...yeah...check out Carol Ann :)

Hey Nola, long time. I have the Trace-Elliot Velocette, which I think was the original design that Gibson repackaged as the Gold Tone. It's an amazing little amp.

Gold | Bundles | Waves

Waves Gold Bundle for $99. (Musician's Friend has it listed for $199.) Imho the C4 Multiband Compressor and the L1 Ultramaximizer are worth the $99 by themselves - and this includes 39 other plugins.

Gold | Bundles | Waves

Waves Gold Bundle for $99. (Musician's Friend has it listed for $199.) Imho the C4 Multiband Compressor and the L1 Ultramaximizer are worth the $99 by themselves - and this includes 39 other plugins.

That's a good deal, no doubt, but you can be overwhelmed with too many plugins. I like to buy the waves stuff individually when they're on sale for $29 (I usually find a coupon to get them down to $20 each). Then I don't have a ton of clutter and so many options I don't know what to mix with...

Good deal, though, for people who don't mind the clutter of plugins they will never use.

That's a good deal, no doubt, but you can be overwhelmed with too many plugins. I like to buy the waves stuff individually when they're on sale for $29 (I usually find a coupon to get them down to $20 each). Then I don't have a ton of clutter and so many options I don't know what to mix with...

Good deal, though, for people who don't mind the clutter of plugins they will never use.

No doubt there’s a lot of crap in that bundle, but all you need is 5 or 6 useful ones to make it a better deal than the individual ones. Offhand I’d say the Rverb and Truverb are keepers, the L1 and C4 for sure. Throw in an eq and compressor and you’re in business. As for clutter, Sonar allows you to hide plug-ins you don't want to see. Or even better, to orgazize them into folders (e.g., Reverbs, Effects, etc), so your not looking at a single page of 60 plug-ins.

Anyway, big fan of several of the Waves plug-ins. So for $29 ea or $99 for a bundle, certainly worth investing in.

Picked up the free sibilance plug. Thanks for the links, Miro.
No idea if it's any good or not, but I'll take horseshit away if it's free! :)

+1 on Waves Gold. I'd pay that for their limiters and verbs, as you say, and I happen to like their eqs too.

Everyone's got Toontrack EZXs for $49 or $51 - normally $79. I remember when these would go on sale for $29.

Everyone's got Toontrack EZXs for $49 or $51 - normally $79. I remember when these would go on sale for $29.

Yeah...they don't drop the prices like they use to, and what pisses me off, is anything new that they introduced even months ago...they won't include in their sale....so you have to wait like 2 years for them to discount a "new" product.

They keep sending me emails about "added" sale items, and it's just the same old stuff being discounted. I mean, discounting packs that have been out for over 5 years, is kinda funny, considering most everyone already has them. What people want are the newest stuff...but Toontrack is growing stingy. I think it's because they are running out of "new" things to add...they've covered every angle of Rock, Metal, Pop...etc...so when they introduce a new pack like the Bob Rock stuff for SDX and EZX, they refuse to discount it.

I'll just wait them out... :) ...I already have just about everything else worth getting. :D

Sweetwater has a black Friday sale in everything except what I want.

For example;
Still waiting on a 60% off on a matched pair of 414 s. :D

Saw some good prices at ProAudioStar.com - picked up a Polytune Mini. They have codes for anything not on sale posted, too, so if you see something, ask for their best price. Not a big buyer at their site but have got a few things w/o problems.

Back