Black Friday - Cyber Monday Deals Thread - Post them up!

That amp looks interesting, RFR. If you do it, let us know what it's like.

Last edited:
I got Arturia V Collection 6 for $190. Seems like a great price.
Still waiting on the Supro -- it was backordered until end of Dec. Sucks because I have a gig tonight.

That amp looks interesting, RFR. If you do it, let us know what it's like.

To jog your memory, your quoted post is in reference to the Bluguitar amp.

Had it for two days. I'm quite impressed,
1) it's a perfect headphone amp.
2) its great plugged into my console.
Both the hp and recording out are on one jack and kick in a spkr emulator that sounds
Pretty damn good.
There's nothing 'simmy' about it. Sounds like a real tube amp.
3) it's a great practice amp for getting 'that sound' at a reasonable volume.

But...... what really removed any potential buyers remorse was rehearsal tonight.

I literally showed up with one gigbag. In it was my guitar, some cables, and the BluGuitars amp. I plugged into a 2x12 cab. And with a bit of tweaking the knobs, had the sound of my favorite gigging amp.

Aside from the thing only weighing 2 lbs, and the joy that comes with not lugging gear, it sounded great. And the sucker can go loud if you want it to.

I'm still learning to dial stuff in cause it's essentially a 4 channel amp. But its not complicated like modeling stuff.

Basically it's a fenderey clean channel, a JTM45, a JCM800, and Soldano/Boogie/ JCM900 high gain amp.
And with the 2db boost button, which goes from a clean to a tube screamer type boost, I brought not a single pedal. ;-) Tonight I just wanted to test out the amp in a band setting.
It did well. Very well indeed.

Would I get rid of my plexi because of getting this? No. But I aint gonna lug it to rehearsal or playing out anymore either.
(Unless I have a road crew)

So as of now I'm a very happy camper.
Blows my mind that a 2lb box that will fit on your pedaboard, can sound like a big tube amp.
Hope the honeymoon continues.
:D

Edit. After having used this for awhile...... :thumbs up:
Would it inspire me to sell off my amps? Nope, but it sure sounds good with the band and works quite well running the recording out into my console. It's a gem.
:D

Last edited:
This is an amazing deal.
Supro Amp

I'm just not sure about the printed circuit board in terms of quality, possible lack of headroom, and the overall sound of the amp -- sound is good but a bit of a one trick pony, but very good at what it does.

Just want to give an update on this amp: it is terrific! Sounds like a $2,000 amp, and it can do any style. Not sure why some people say it's just good for Led Zeppelin. I play everything on it, and it sounds great if you just adjust the EQ. Notes have a real 3D quality to them. I have a vintage Princeton and think this amp sounds better.

Just want to give an update on this amp: it is terrific! Sounds like a $2,000 amp, and it can do any style. Not sure why some people say it's just good for Led Zeppelin. I play everything on it, and it sounds great if you just adjust the EQ. Notes have a real 3D quality to them. I have a vintage Princeton and think this amp sounds better.

Very cool.

Personally, I don't think the reissues are like the Jimmy Page era Supro at all. Those were much grittier when cranked. The new ones, at least everyone I'd played, had much more headroom and make a great pedal platform.
Oh, and they look cool as all hell. :)

ps. If you look above, I updated my Blug Amp1 post.
;)

ps. If you look above, I updated my Blug Amp1 post.
;)

I read that, thanks! If I get tired of lugging this thing around I'll start to look into that option.

Yeah the new Supros are way better than the old ones from what I heard. I never played an old one, but in-person the new ones sound better than the audio I've found of the old ones. New ones are very versatile. This will be my main gigging amp. In practice it's taken pedals well. When I roll off the treble I can even play jazz on it easily. Oh, and the reverb is cool, but a little noisy. Trem is good, but not as good as my Brown Princeton.

I give the amp a 9/10.

The two downsides are there is too much bass (I have to have it on 0... I wonder if putting in a different speaker would address this?), reverb is just a little noisy around 3 or 4, which is where I like to set it.

For the $650 Xmas price it's a great amp. My other option in that size and price range was a Blues Jr, and this is so much better an amp.

For the $650 Xmas price it's a great amp. My other option in that size and price range was a Blues Jr, and this is so much better an amp.
650??? Super score! And against a blues Jr? No contest.
The. Bues jr makes a good doorstop for your garage door when you want some ventilation but don't want everyone seeing into your garage.. ;)

Yeah Supro had them on sale for $650 Nov-Dec. I think because they're discontinuing that model. No tax and free shipping from MusiciansFriend, too. Amazing price!
The amp wasn't on my radar until I saw that deal. Then I researched it, and it sounded good, so I took a gamble at that price. Feel really lucky to have gotten it.

Back