Black Friday - Cyber Monday Deals Thread - Post them up!

Yeah...they don't drop the prices like they use to, and what pisses me off, is anything new that they introduced even months ago...they won't include in their sale....so you have to wait like 2 years for them to discount a "new" product.

They keep sending me emails about "added" sale items, and it's just the same old stuff being discounted. I mean, discounting packs that have been out for over 5 years, is kinda funny, considering most everyone already has them. What people want are the newest stuff...but Toontrack is growing stingy. I think it's because they are running out of "new" things to add...they've covered every angle of Rock, Metal, Pop...etc...so when they introduce a new pack like the Bob Rock stuff for SDX and EZX, they refuse to discount it.

I'll just wait them out... :) ...I already have just about everything else worth getting. :D

Yup. How many snares and kick drum samples do I need? It's not like a new guitar..... :guitar:

Sweetwater has a black Friday sale in everything except what I want.

For example;
Still waiting on a 60% off on a matched pair of 414 s. :D

Yeah...same here! :D

They keep sending emails - "new sale items added"...but never what I'm looking for.

Sweetwater has a black Friday sale in everything except what I want.

OK...I finally got what I wanted from Sweetwater at a great price.
I was looking at a pair of the Klark Teknik KT-2A comps, which is their LA2A style comp.
They had them at $499...but I found a lower prices at other retailers, for $399...so I sent an email to my Sweetwater rep.
Next day, they dropped their prices to match, down to $399...plus my rep nocked off another $40 since I wanted a pair.
So I saved $240 off the original price for the pair and got them for $760 shipped...which would have been $1000 without the discounts. :)

Those are my XMas present to myself. I've been waiting for several months for Klark Teknik to finally release them. Back in the spring when I was rewiring my racks and patchbays, I even pre-planned where the pair would go. So now when I get them, I just have to drop them in to the rack, and plug the waiting cables into them. :cool:

Back I the spring I picked up a pair of the KT 1176 comps and a pair of their EQP, Pultec-style EQs. I really like their 1176 units, and the EQP pair is also quite good, considering how inexpensive they are. Now I have all three of their models. Great deals on all of them. :thumbs up:

I was just reading a review on the Klark Teknik KT-2A last night, nice gear. When stop trying to get AU$940 (US$680) for them here I might get one LOL. Then again maybe get 2 from the US, I am running a 110V system alongside the 240V system in my studio so I can use US gear. Hmmmm!

Alan.

I was just reading a review on the Klark Teknik KT-2A last night, nice gear. When stop trying to get AU$940 (US$680) for them here I might get one LOL. Then again maybe get 2 from the US, I am running a 110V system alongside the 240V system in my studio so I can use US gear. Hmmmm!

Alan.

See what Sweetwater will charge for shipping to you....it might be a good deal.
If you do, talk to:

Ryan Clapper
Sweetwater Sales Engineer
(800)222-4700 ext. 1348

Tell him I said he should give you a great deal on the shipping for a pair of them. :)

See what Sweetwater will charge for shipping to you....it might be a good deal.
If you do, talk to:

Ryan Clapper
Sweetwater Sales Engineer
(800)222-4700 ext. 1348

Tell him I said he should give you a great deal on the shipping for a pair of them. :)

Sweet water deliver to Australia is way high, I have tried before. Musicians friend is good as they bulk ship Australian orders and then post out within Australia

Alan

I bought the $198 50" TV that Wal-Mart had up for cyber Monday. I put the 2 year replacement warranty on it for 18 bucks.
Didn't see how I could go wrong for $216

I paid the final 20% for our bathroom remodel on Monday, and the "little" upcharge the guy tacked on for painting the cabinets because I had a weak moment when my wife said to have him do it (instead of myself) stopped my window shopping cold. (Where is the dollar bill with wings smilycon...)

I bought the $198 50" TV that Wal-Mart had up for cyber Monday. I put the 2 year replacement warranty on it for 18 bucks.
Didn't see how I could go wrong for $216

I keep getting emails with these ultra low priced TV's but I don't need one. The prices are so tempting though! I feel like I should by one just cuz they are so inexpensive:eatpopcorn:

My 55" plasma TV blew a board this summer....and considering that they no longer make plasma TVs, which I prefer for movie watching (though the new, but pricey OLED shows promise for the future)...it was the better deal to repair it than buying a new non-plasma, and then hating it. :)

It wasn't a big deal once I new which board was shot. I even picked up some extra spare parts for it...so I can keep it going until the OLED technology is as good and prices come way down.

All these deals!
The only black Friday deal I got was the leftovers that my friends sent me home with after thanksgiving dinner.
I'll be eating good for a week! :D

Speaking of deals.....If another ad for a plug in I don't want shows up on my youtube, I'm pitching the phone across the room. :D

Miro, I wound up buying one of those Supros for $650. I'm hoping it will be a good gig amp. I'll let you know how it is if it arrives (it is back-ordered, so it might get cancelled).

Miro, I wound up buying one of those Supros for $650. I'm hoping it will be a good gig amp. I'll let you know how it is if it arrives (it is back-ordered, so it might get cancelled).

Good amp but a one trick pony. It'll get loud before it gets any character. Basically a clean tube sound. However I know of two guys with them and if you're running a pedalboard, its an excellent platform.

Cool.
Believe me, I get tempted when I see deals like that...but TBH, neither of the two they had on sale would add to or beat anything I already have...not boasting, just saying that there would be no point to buy one of them, as I'm already full up on some nice amps, and I have another Carol Ann in sight.

Which model...the low wattage one with the 10" speaker, or the higher wattage one with the 15" speaker?

Cool.
Believe me, I get tempted when I see deals like that...but TBH, neither of the two they had on sale would add to or beat anything I already have...not boasting, just saying that there would be no point to buy one of them, as I'm already full up on some nice amps, and I have another Carol Ann in sight.

Which model...the low wattage one with the 10" speaker, or the higher wattage one with the 15" speaker?

I got the Supro 1622RT Tremo-Verb 25W 1x10. At $650 for a gig amp that sounds good I'm happy with that, because I was looking at things like Blues Jr to bring out. I think this amp will be much better than those. My other option would be an old Princeton that I really don't want to take out due to it's value/age. So, this should get a sound close to that, while also being new and something I can beat up more. Hopefully the back-order fulfills. Supro discontinued this model entirely, so I'm not sure I'll get one.

[MENTION=185883]RFR[/MENTION], that's cool that it has a lot of clean headroom. My concern was it would lack headroom, and since I do go into a pedalboard, that's always a concern.
Since it's just a gig and rehearsal amp, I'm not too worried about it being a one-trick pony (I agree and heard that in the clips on YT).

My concern was it would lack headroom...

That's why I was wondering what you got...the other one would have given you that more so...but it sounds like this one also is pretty good with that.

Did you go through Sweetwater?

I got the Supro 1622RT Tremo-Verb 25W 1x10. At $650 for a gig amp that sounds good I'm happy with that, because I was looking at things like Blues Jr to bring out. I think this amp will be much better than those. My other option would be an old Princeton that I really don't want to take out due to it's value/age. So, this should get a sound close to that, while also being new and something I can beat up more. Hopefully the back-order fulfills. Supro discontinued this model entirely, so I'm not sure I'll get one.

[MENTION=185883]RFR[/MENTION], that's cool that it has a lot of clean headroom. My concern was it would lack headroom, and since I do go into a pedalboard, that's always a concern.
Since it's just a gig and rehearsal amp, I'm not too worried about it being a one-trick pony (I agree and heard that in the clips on YT).

Seeing how you got the 25 watt 1x10, you'll probably get a bit more grit.

My experience has been with 1x12s. I wanted to like them, I really did, but could never get the grit I wanted.

That's why I was wondering what you got...the other one would have given you that more so...but it sounds like this one also is pretty good with that.

Did you go through Sweetwater?

I went through Musician's Friend.
They were pretty helpful, and gave some interesting bits, like they said the reason these were so cheap is Supro discontinued them. I wonder if Surpo is not doing so well...

Seeing how you got the 25 watt 1x10, you'll probably get a bit more grit.

My experience has been with 1x12s. I wanted to like them, I really did, but could never get the grit I wanted.

Gotcha. Yeah with the 10" I'm worried about the opposite problem of getting grit too soon.
I've read good things about this particular model, and I think it will be better at gigs than some other beater type amp like a Blues Jr ($600 new, so nearly the same price after this huge half off sale). I just need something to take out that if it gets beat up I won't be heart broken, and also sounds decent, and this Supro should do those things. I have a feeling I will find it "vanilla" based on sound clips I've heard but oh well, it's a utilitarian amp. Maybe it will surprise.

Vastly superior to a blues jr. Blues junior is a piece if crap. :D Then again, a blues jr is an easy sell if someone doesn't like it, as they have the name recognition.
Not having experience with the 25/10, I'm only speculating, but just having that one speaker would give speaker breakup even with a cleanish amp. It does have me wondering how it will do against a hard hitting drummer. Not like a 10 can push a lot of air.

Lately I've been looking into the Bluguitar amp one. A buddy has one and I've been quite impressed. A 2.5 lb amp in a large stompbox. Supposed to be all analog (no modeling) with a nano tube. Tones are more in marshall territory overall, but with it's 4 channels it goes from vintage fendery cleans to Soldano /boogie sounds.
I got to play with it for about an hour and all i can say is damn! Not bad. Just the concept of a hundred watt head that I can stick in a gigbag is impressive to me.

I'm tired of lugging amps to rehearsal :D

I even resorted to just playing a fender hotrod deluxe ( which I dont like ) just because it's there and I don't have to lug my amps.
With a suhr eclipse pedal I can get decent sounds but nothing stellar.

The amp one is 799. Now if sweetwater had that down to 600 for black friday, I'd have one in my hands right now. :)

Anyway good luck, and I'm sure you'll give us a full report.
:D

Back