Black Friday 2016 - Music Gear Deals

Pinky

and The Brain...
Sweetwater.com is (always) having a sale, plus 36 to 48 months no interest. I got a Guitar Center flyer in the mail yesterday. Waves is giving away a free plugin Thursday or Friday.

Any other good deals being found out there?

Not seeing much that grabs me...Usual UAD, soundtoys say theyve one coming up. Ableton 20% off until Jan, three days after I bought Push2. Studio One 3 is 59% off if anyones interested, great DAW.

Superior Drummer 2 is 70% off, if anybody has been wanting to finally pull the trigger on that one. One or two of the SDX expansions are also 70% off. I think that the rest are all 50% off except the brand new ones.

Superior Drummer 2 is 70% off, if anybody has been wanting to finally pull the trigger on that one. One or two of the SDX expansions are also 70% off. I think that the rest are all 50% off except the brand new ones.

B&H have it for $99

I might maaaybe get the ampeg plug from UAD. Demoing it these past few days.

Not much else I see catching my interest.

Last few years I've noticed many of the audio apps on sale for Black Friday end up getting an additional price reduction on Cyber Monday...so it might be worth waiting...?

i'm seeing ToonTrack's Superior Drummer expansions (SDX) for $75 on Amazon. most of them. normally $149

good thread idea. when i saw the SDX's on sale earlier today, I was going to open one of my own. beat me to it. nice work :listeningmusic:

i'm seeing ToonTrack's Superior Drummer expansions (SDX) for $75 on Amazon. most of them. normally $149

good thread idea. when i saw the SDX's on sale earlier today, I was going to open one of my own. beat me to it. nice work :listeningmusic:

Right now, Sweetwater is rocking the best Toontrack deals...there's over 80 items on sale there at the moment.
They added 3 new sale items about an hour ago...so there may be more additions and price drops.

DealZone | Toontrack | Sweetwater.com

You do realize that you can use EZX packs with Superior Drummer...and there's a bunch of the on sale for $39...some as little as $19

I didn't know. So what's the diff? Why do they specify EZ and SD as far as packs?

Different packaging but effectively the same thing. They need to offer drum packs for the cheaper VST as well as the more expensive full product, but they made the cheaper packs compatible with the more expensive product. The cheaper pack appears to have less configuration available for each item in the kit, but I don't have a EZD pack (only SDX) to know for sure. Just looking at the pictures on the site the EZD packs have no adjustments on the interface, whereas the SDX are full configurable.

Not music gear, but CD Baby is offering 1/2 price album distribution - $24.50 for the 'standard' deal - use the code 'BLACKFRIDAY2016' during checkout. Good through Nov 28. They did this last year too, so if you're planning on releasing an album through them any particular year, its good to plan for a December release!

Different packaging but effectively the same thing. They need to offer drum packs for the cheaper VST as well as the more expensive full product, but they made the cheaper packs compatible with the more expensive product. The cheaper pack appears to have less configuration available for each item in the kit, but I don't have a EZD pack (only SDX) to know for sure. Just looking at the pictures on the site the EZD packs have no adjustments on the interface, whereas the SDX are full configurable.

I have both SDX and EZ packs, as Kevin stated mostly in the configurations. EZD's are good for nice get it done sounds, SDX for more custom sounds, plus the MIDI grooves with SDX are really top notch, they make the SD sound as good as the demos.

Back