Thread: Been a while

Thanks

Talking Been a while

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone!

I was just going through my old email inbox and saw the "Happy Birthday" email from this site from a few months back. I know it's a bot but it's nice I still got one every year despite having not posted here in years. I used to post quite frequently. Think I stopped around the time the layout changed to the way it is now.

I'm a little older and wiser now. Getting back into playing guitar after having not played for years too. Currently saving to buy a new Solar A1.6ETWHM. Recently purchased Bias FX Pro. Been building my technique back up slowly, trying to be patient with myself and accept that I'm not as good as Jon Schaffer or Chuck Schuldiner or James Hetfield right now but that doesn't mean I couldn't achieve my goals with enough practice. Decided to finally try exercises and stretches, having plateaued for years before I gave up. Been really enjoying it, it's been really good for my head. Helps me to almost forget, even for a few minutes/seconds at a time, the world and just get lost in making music. I'm over the moon that, even after several weeks, I still can't wait to get home and play it. And that's with a guitar I'm not happy with, with headphones as my only monitoring option.

I'm also getting back into recording and have also realised that I can still learn a lot of things from people like you, so I'll be getting familiar with this place again. Looking forward to it!

Anyone ever been, or currently in, a long hiatus from music creation like I'm coming out of? Tell me your stories.

EDIT: What happened to Greg_L?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercreep View Post
    It's a kid throwing rocks at cops... Generally speaking I think cops shoot way too many people... That said, I have managed to live my entire life without ever throwing a rock at a cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by legionserial View Post
    People don't need Macs, they need educating.

Thanks
    EDIT: What happened to Greg_L?
    Just down the hall, three doors on the 'left'..
    The Recording Rebels - Rebels Main
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mixsit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Greg L was cool. I mean, he could be a dick too but usually he was funny. And he put together some decent music.

Thanks
    I probably never contributed much, but this forum sucked a possibly excessive portion of my existence away!

Met some damned good people here, some very talented individuals. Also some funny asshats!
    Where have all the good times gone?!

Thread Information