Basic But Decent Stereo Receiver?

arcaxis

An old Denon receiver I've used for years has started to have some issues, so I figured I'd look at what's out there to replace it. I've two sets of speakers connected (sort of front and rear), turntable, and CD player that hasn't had much use. The FM is connected to an attic antenna through a 300 ohm to 75 ohm coax. I'd like to stick to Sony, Yamaha, or maybe Denon with a budget of maybe $300US tops. Having a USB media connection would be desirable or an additional component sized USB media player which seems elusive. Don't care about BlueTooth.

Most everything I've found with what I'd like is geared towards A/V surround sound setups with HDMI, etc. and not much of any basic stereo receivers with a few modern bells and whistles. The A/V oriented gear seems remiss of proper turntable/phono jack connections. Some of the A/V gear seems to need s TV connection to access setup menus(?) The cheaper stereo receivers don't seem to have connections for 300/75 ohm cables, only a jack of sorts for a wire (I'm in an area that is difficult to get reception of stations with decent music thus the antenna).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hey Mark...it's the sign of the times...and they are a changin

Am I the only one that hates that every jacket and pullover doesn't come with a normal collar these days? The new thing is this collar that stands up like the old Neru jackets Whats up with that? Damn

I'm sure there are other solutions but I came up with this on the quick...good luck! Don't eat too much Turkey!

I know it's Pyle...but they have come a long way for frickin $90 worth givin a try Best Buy is easy on returns...

Oh yeah RCA switchers ..tons of em on Amazon

Yeah Mark.....it's frustrating trying to find a receiver like you're describing. And yes....what the heck is the idea of having to have an AV screen of some sort to use the menus??? I bought a Sony receiver and discovered that problem.

Anyway....have you considered going used? Ebay maybe? I'd stick with Denon. They're hard to beat and they do last. You can find a few on-line. I have an older Denon AVR-1907 that I don't use. I'd be happy to just give it to you but to be honest...it weighs about a billion pounds and I doubt that I could pack it properly for shipping. I live in South Florida and you're a long distance away. If you have any family or friends coming or going from my area to yours....feel free to PM me and I can just give it to them.

Mick, I think the Denon I have came from a local thrift store and I may start looking there again for whatever they may have since new receivers have short comings. I believe I've seen some used ones on the Facebook marketplace as well.

I purchased about a couple of years ago a Yamaha stereo. Nothing fancy, no USB but it does have Bluetooth. I had to purchase a turntable preamp as most do not have those built in these days. Here is a link: Yamaha R-S202 Stereo receiver with Bluetooth(R) at Crutchfield
Looked up that receiver on Amazon and this one was shown as one of the alternatives.... Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Phono . Not sure why I didn't find that one in previous searches I did.
Its seems to have most of what want such as the phono inputs plus network/wireless which I think will enable Pandora radio which the wife has been wanting. More research.......
Thanks.............

Looked up that receiver on Amazon and this one was shown as one of the alternatives.... Yamaha R-N303BL Stereo Receiver with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Phono . Not sure why I didn't find that one in previous searches I did.
Its seems to have most of what want such as the phono inputs plus network/wireless which I think will enable Pandora radio which the wife has been wanting. More research.......
Thanks.............

yea, that is better than the one I linked.

Back