Banned So Many Times

Snowman999

I openly admit I don't always read the rules and regulations. But, come on, they're usually long boring posts about being nice...

Years ago I joined a bunch of forums and forgot about them. I did a search of music forums and I clicked on the first musicbanter.com and remembered I was once a member, and amazingly I remembered my login info.

The first group is music reviews. I did a review of the new Dixie Chicks album. Hey, on my CD it still says The Dixie Chicks. I guess they weren't embarrassed enough to pull the first shipment.

The next section is new music. I posted a link to my lyric video. I went back a few hours later and my post was gone. I hadn't read the "Read before you post" message. So, I read it, and you have to post a poll with your thread. So, I added "How would you rate this song?" I went back a few hours later and all I can see is -

You have been banned for the following reason:
personal advertising

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

You can HATE my song, my music, everything about it. But, it is music. I wasn't selling anything. I linked to the youtube video, that's it. I was banned from a music site for posting my music. That's pretty fucking sad.

One good thing about music sites, you might get to hear some good unknown music. I guess not there.

:spank:

Bad boy! Baaaad Boy!

I am. I was once banned from a facebook group for arguing with a woman in a film group about the movie "Fighting With My Family". When she wrote "I wouldn't watch that gay crap if my life depended on it." I responded with "Are you homophobic?" I was banned for that. She's still there.

Fighting with my Family is a film that I bought cheap (I'll buy anything cheap). The girl on the cover looked cute. But, the rest looks like crap. I did not know it had a wrestling background. When it came on, I thought "Oh this is going to suck" and it didn't. From the opening scene to the end, it's the best movie I saw last year. I've watched it at least a dozen times since. Florence Pugh has become one of my favorite actresses. She's excellent in Lady MacBeth and the opening of Midsomer is excellent it just heads downhill after the opening.

FWMF.jpg

The way to get banned now is say....'I like Trump.'

Banned! :D

Last edited:
The way to get banned now is say....'I like Trump.'

All the Lefties and nut jobs inhabit Forums even though that Forum may be in a country which has nothing to do with the USA. But they are so out with the Faeries that they think if they go around the world telling everybody that 'Trump is bad' at every opportunity, even though the topic may be about growing potatoes or something. Then they are convincing all that 'Leftyism' is great and 'Trump is the Devil'. Nobody believes them. Nobody wants Leftyism and people are sick to death of being told what to do and think.

So I like Trump. I love people who wind the f"ck out of everybody else and he does the job excellently. I don't live in the USA or know anything about his politics. But I like Trump!

Banned! :D

I'm surprised this post is still up. You know Trump is the sole reason Covid came into existence? He personally started WW1 - 2 and the Civil War. His evilness can be traced back to when he tempted Eve with the Apple.

I was a raging liberal democrat till 2014. I was like many, I WAS RIGHT and I didn't want to hear anything else. Then a few things happened and I realized just how wrong I was. My favorite hypocrites are celebrities who want free college and healthcare for all, want anyone who wants to come to the USA be allowed (completely open boarders) and then complain they're paying too much in taxes. They also don't seem to realize when politicians talk about the 1%, these celebrities are included.

Of course if a liberal says "it's gay" that's A-OK. But, if you ask if they're homophobic then you're a racist pig to be banned. It all washes out in the end. The insanity that's happening across the US is thoroughly entertaining. Because these idiots are asking for something that will never happen. Police are being defunded in major US cities (all run by dems) and the murder rate is skyrocketing in all of them. But, according to MSNBC and CNN there's nothing to see here. If there is, it's TRUMP'S FAULT!

I love it. It's better than any show that's on the air right now.

Trump absolutely has to win. If he doesn’t, mainstream media’s ratings will drop like a mobster with cement shoes into the river.
Good or bad for the country is of little concern, the media needs him. :)

Trump absolutely has to win. If he doesn’t, mainstream media’s ratings will drop like a mobster with cement shoes into the river.
Good or bad for the country is of little concern, the media needs him. :)

On a serious point that is a very very valid concern. If Trump wasn't around who would everybody blame for the worlds problems? The Lefty's would be in meltdown.

On a serious point that is a very very valid concern. If Trump wasn't around who would everybody blame for the worlds problems? The Lefty's would be in meltdown.

Don't kid yourself...if Biden wins, he will spend the first 4 years blaming Trump for everything...same thing Obama did with Bush for the first 4 years.

I find it hilarious the things the far left loons blame Trump for...so it's not going to be difficult for them to keep blaming him for future stuff, even if he isn't the president anymore.

I don't consider Trump like some great president...but when I see that the best the Dems could do is put up a 3-time loser like Biden...and then to sweeten the pot, they add Harris to the mix, when she couldn't even get a few percentage points during the Dem primary...I have to wonder, what are they really thinking...?
The hypocrisy on the left is what turns me off the most, not their attacks on Trump...they are totally blind to their own screw-ups and poor choices, while the amplify every little thing that Trump does or doesn't do, into a negative narrative.

The thing people should really think about...which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone...is the economy.
Trump can be goofy and fumbly...bit Biden/Harris will destroy the economy which prior to the virus, was doing very well under Trump...oh, but of course, the virus is Trump's fault, so let's also blame him for what the virus did for the economy.

:facepalm:

The next two months will be interesting...

Anyway...I don't want to overstep the political discussion stuff here...though TBH, considering that we are heading into a major election, I don't think it's out of place to have some of that discussion, as long as it remains civil.

You have been banned for the following reason:
personal advertising

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

To be honest we do the same thing here but not for one video in a sea of conversation.
If someone signs up then immediately starts posting links to the same channel and it looks like advertising, they're gone.

It's not so much forums being OTT with the hammer - There's a trend, and has been for a long time, of people signing up everywhere to spam links and hope for traffic.

For members who want to share works in progress or releases we have the clinic and the show off sections.

as long as it remains civil.

Exactly. Rarely does...but exactly.

Generally the people who run around saying "I got banned for" or "I'd probably get banned for" usually don't have a clue what they got banned for or, at least, pretend not to.

If someone around here got banned for saying "I like Trump" it wouldn't be because someone cares who/what they like.
It'd be because it seemed clear (if it did) that their intention was to troll or provoke. Recent post history and context would be taken into account.

Generally the people who run around saying "I got banned for" or "I'd probably get banned for" usually don't have a clue what they got banned for or, at least, pretend not to.

If someone around here got banned for saying "I like Trump" it wouldn't be because someone cares who/what they like.
It'd be because it seemed clear (if it did) that their intention was to troll or provoke. Recent post history and context would be taken into account.

Well if that were true then I wish moderators everywhere in the world would come down and delete or ban the people who nauseatingly blame Trump and Brexit for all the worlds ills.

End of.

Remember the days when every conversation always ended with talking about sex. Can we still do that? :D:facepalm::thumbs up:

Warnings or bans here are more likely to happen for how someone is talking about something, rather than what they're talking about, although there are exceptions : Illegal activities etc.

Remember the days when every conversation always ended with talking about sex. Can we still do that? :D:facepalm::thumbs up:

See above. :eek::laughings:

warnings or bans here are more likely to happen for how someone is talking about something, rather than what they're talking about, although there are exceptions : Illegal activities etc.

See above. :eek::laughings:
Banned!

Last edited:
Well George you've been here 7 years without getting The Ban but know now all that you have revealed here is going on your permanent internet record...we're watching you George :laughings: Rock on! :guitar:

I think many forums allow people to talk twaddle as long as they do it nicely. Nowadays people use forums as a sounding board talking to an interested audience and believe they don't need to follow rules, guidelines or suggestions because somehow they're entitled to say and act how they want. We get people who read the rule book and then take it to a knife thin edge and Argue the toss about how close they were. Others are happy when idiots get slapped down, and secretly do NOT moderate it because they deserved it. Others really hate to even have rules. Many are genuinely helpful, and some have totally abrasive experts they tolerate because their knowledge offsets their lack of social skills and ability to read between lines. You get balanced individuals and you get some with mental illnesses, then you get those with no social graces, and of course some on the autistic spectrum. Perhaps not so much in the US, but in the UK we still have our class thing, but it's usually education based - so our very hit and miss state education system vs the public schools (which of course in the UK are pay, and privately run). People who n' spell and use grammar badly get slated, and those educated ones with a better use of English don't see eye to eye. We have class in our way of talking and using the language. We have music class wars too, although perhaps these are really getting much better now. Classical vs pop is eased, although we have an everything vs rap issue. Rap is bad, Rap artists are not musicians, and Rap is a lower form of music. Rap artists who call themselves singers are universally laughed at. Bring this to a forum and people get banned quickly, often genuinely not understanding what they did wrong. I belong to one forum where every post needs signing with your full name, your town and your phone number - and even with question/response/question/response, woe beside any person who forgets to add the tag every single post. Rules are for following, and not following them a cause to get you banned.

This one seems positively gentle with it's policing.

As a UK citizen totally confused by your politics, we look on the goings on and have no clue at all. The President does things that are truly unbelievable, yet 50% of America agrees with him and the other 50% hate him. The other prospective president seems to have no views whatsoever. We really don't understand this. We have really bad scenes of riots and angry people on our news all the time. I have British friends desperate to get out of America when the worked so hard to get a green card. Now they don't feel safe. This is the view from outside your country. There are very angry and very dangerous people trying to split it up. On a forum we don't know how old you are or what colour you are and thank God for this - because in text, it really doesn't matter. Why is it becoming so horrible in real life? Forum behaviour is minor compared with what's going on in real life!

I think many forums allow people to talk twaddle as long as they do it nicely. Nowadays people use forums as a sounding board talking to an interested audience and believe they don't need to follow rules, guidelines or suggestions because somehow they're entitled to say and act how they want. We get people who read the rule book and then take it to a knife thin edge and Argue the toss about how close they were. Others are happy when idiots get slapped down, and secretly do NOT moderate it because they deserved it. Others really hate to even have rules. Many are genuinely helpful, and some have totally abrasive experts they tolerate because their knowledge offsets their lack of social skills and ability to read between lines. You get balanced individuals and you get some with mental illnesses, then you get those with no social graces, and of course some on the autistic spectrum. Perhaps not so much in the US, but in the UK we still have our class thing, but it's usually education based - so our very hit and miss state education system vs the public schools (which of course in the UK are pay, and privately run). People who n' spell and use grammar badly get slated, and those educated ones with a better use of English don't see eye to eye. We have class in our way of talking and using the language. We have music class wars too, although perhaps these are really getting much better now. Classical vs pop is eased, although we have an everything vs rap issue. Rap is bad, Rap artists are not musicians, and Rap is a lower form of music. Rap artists who call themselves singers are universally laughed at. Bring this to a forum and people get banned quickly, often genuinely not understanding what they did wrong. I belong to one forum where every post needs signing with your full name, your town and your phone number - and even with question/response/question/response, woe beside any person who forgets to add the tag every single post. Rules are for following, and not following them a cause to get you banned.

This one seems positively gentle with it's policing.

As a UK citizen totally confused by your politics, we look on the goings on and have no clue at all. The President does things that are truly unbelievable, yet 50% of America agrees with him and the other 50% hate him. The other prospective president seems to have no views whatsoever. We really don't understand this. We have really bad scenes of riots and angry people on our news all the time. I have British friends desperate to get out of America when the worked so hard to get a green card. Now they don't feel safe. This is the view from outside your country. There are very angry and very dangerous people trying to split it up. On a forum we don't know how old you are or what colour you are and thank God for this - because in text, it really doesn't matter. Why is it becoming so horrible in real life? Forum behaviour is minor compared with what's going on in real life!

I agree Rob. What I have noticed is that younger people have no interest in any of their history. Its as if they want to erase what they are and become this new thing which no one knows what it is. At the same time everybody older than them is irrelevant or a burden they dont want. This isnt an age thing. It just appears that way from listening and watching them. Kind of depressing in a way.

When you look back in the history of America you will see we have always been a divided country...e.g. the Civil war...when we say tea party these days it is referencing the divide that ended up splitting us from our ties and governorship by England...many "American's" did not want the split...

The Dali Lama was quoted / paraphrased as saying something to the effect that all religions originate from God, mankind screws them up by rooting for them like they are football teams ...I truly believe most all political ideas start off with the best of intentions but as we humans start scrutinizing and a few greedy or self seeking people get involved it all gets screwed up and there we are rooting for one side or the other . Often times after drawing the line in the sand finding ourselves going WTF ...yeah I am an XYZ but I sure don't support that idea,,,,but there you are an XYZ caught in the tide with all the the other XYZ'rs ...dang! rooting for your football team even after you realize they are screwing things up, cheating to win...

Trump is certainly a blithering tweeting bonehead but the dude has turned the 2 party game up on it's heels and caused Americans and the world to scratch their heads in awe as he continues to tip over the status quo and stir shit up...

He definitely is going to go down in history as a unparalleled phenomenon good or bad to be determined in 20 years or so...

I have 2 daughters and 6 grand kids so hell yes I am worried about where we are headed. Like most of us Mericans, I feel pretty helpless as I watch the train wreck happening right in front of my eyes in very slow motion... Have no idea how this is all going to pan out and hope my offspring get to at least enjoy as nice of a life as I have enjoyed.... sadly as it was said in King Crimsons Epitaph "the fate of all mankind I fear is in the hands of fools"

:p

Back in the day, when we had the Cave...there was a thread or two that were started in like the very early days of HR...and I guess the whole point of those threads was for the posting of p0rn...it was all soft p0rn, mostly naked women, but I recall when I first came to HR in 2009, and checked out the Cave, I stumbled on those threads and I was like WOW!...both shocked that the treads existed...and at the same time pleasantly entertained. :o :D

Maybe like 2-3 years later our main/new forum moderator, who was a woman (Chater La) must have run across them too, though I think for awhile she ignored them...but then one day, they were gone, and posting any kind of p0rn was forbidden.

I got no problem with p0rn...but in the right context, and an audio forum wasn't the right context.
Heck, our TV channels are full of it every, single day...the stupid gratuitous "sex scenes" that really have nothing to do with the movie plot, and they are just put in there to ad some modern adult perspectives, which I find tedious, because it's always such poorly done soft p0rn...so I wish they would just leave that crap out...it's not needed.
I like in the old film days where a couple walks into a bedroom...and either the lights slowly dim with the first kiss...or the door closes, and the camera cuts away.

If I want real p0rn...there are outlets dedicated to just that.
I mean...if you go to a p0rn site...they don't talk about audio in their threads. :laughings:

Anyway...don't bother looking in the Cave archives...it's all been deleted. :)

I'm sure you will let anyone know when they have crossed the civility line...but it would be nice if some basic political discussion was allowed in the next couple of months, considering that the whole world is interested who will win.

I know there are probably many hardcore political sites...but TBH, those places have way too much "noise"...and the small group of folks here that may want to occasionally discuss some political perspectives...is certainly not the large group of Cave dwellers we had in the past, whose only purpose/reason for being on HR was for off-topic discussion.

I'm sure you will let anyone know when they have crossed the civility line...but it would be nice if some basic political discussion was allowed in the next couple of months, considering that the whole world is interested who will win.

I know there are probably many hardcore political sites...but TBH, those places have way too much "noise"...and the small group of folks here that may want to occasionally discuss some political perspectives...is certainly not the large group of Cave dwellers we had in the past, whose only purpose/reason for being on HR was for off-topic discussion.

I am not actually. Who you lot over there vote for is entirely up to you and nobody else. I am just amazed how the opponents have stirred shite up in other countries towards old Donald. Other countries can do nothing to alter Americans minds so its all pointless.

Last edited:
Back