Banned So Many Times

[MENTION=1094]TAE[/MENTION].....

Let me condense that for you. Its common sense to not fuck with and piss off the guy with the gun.
:)

Again - as a distant observer, all I can say is that in my own circle of friends, two are returning home - they live in Reno. In the wider circle of Facebook friends, five, maybe six are also jumping ship and returning home. 2 in LA, and the others I'm not certain where they are based. Here, our police are being told to be careful stopping black people because it's being seen as racist behaviour, to look at someone in a car and stop and check them. OK to do it to white folk! Our police are reluctant to use tasers - we do see armed police more than ever before, but I don't remember it ever being reported they shoot people in the way the US police appear to. Any person trying to get into a vehicle in a hurry could be trying to retrieve a weapon to use against the police officer. Here, 'could' is insufficient. They could be looking for their driving licence, they could be looking for proof they are innocent, they could be panicking and looking for security inside a vehicle? Until they produce a weapon, 'could' is speculation. So you say STOP - they don't, so you shoot them just in case they were about to do something unlawful? This is what we see. Obviously like the video circulating on Facebook - 4 seconds of a clip paints one view, the whole five minutes a totally different one, but Americans (forgive) are gun happy. Ordinary individuals on streets with what look like machine guns? REALLY? Laws that entitle you to carry a gun, just in case? Just in case of what? Losing your parking space at a supermarket, or because somebody bad mouthes you? Nuclear deterrent worked because nobody used them. Arming little old ladies just in case somebody tries to mug them is plain bizarre! An overt gun is easy, but a concealed one needs extra permits? With every citizen entitled to have a weapon, I can see the dilemma for the police. Here, we are really worried about knives - which again, are illegal here if the blade is bigger than leatherman size! Thank God we don't have guns allowed legally!

Well, our police are scared shitless. They are trained to understand that Americans are armed to the teeth. They are trained to assume every one of us has a concealed gun. It's not unfounded - we have more guns than people, for some reason or other.

And so our cops kill 1,000 Americans every year whereas in the UK that number generally ranges from 0 to 4.

The problem is as obvious as Trump's narcissism.

Well, our police are scared shitless. They are trained to understand that Americans are armed to the teeth. They are trained to assume every one of us has a concealed gun. It's not unfounded - we have more guns than people, for some reason or other.

And so our cops kill 1,000 Americans every year whereas in the UK that number generally ranges from 0 to 4.

The problem is as obvious as Trump's narcissism.

You raise a problem that is soley an American problem because other countries have many guns held by citizens but do not have the same problems that Americans have.

Regards the UK cops shooting civilians. You should recheck your facts.

Then again you can't help but bring old Donald up into a topic even though he has nothing to do with the subject. Then you attack him by throwing a slur at him.

The other problem with some Americans is your biased brain dead obsession with a man. Why?

Too many are involved with “cult of personalities”

Very little emphasis on actions... good or bad.
Saw a massive buildup of that phenomenon on the first campaign of Obama.
And how the media loved to play up the women in the front rows as they wept tears of joy. Hope and change.
The media loved him and he could do mo wrong. If you opposed him, you were obviously a racist.

Shortly after inauguration he started bombing and drone strikes. And he totally destroyed possibly the only prosperous African country. So much for ‘hope and change’

With Trump its the much the same thing. Except the media despises him.
There is the cult that hates him, no matter what good he does, and the cult that loves him no matter what bad he does.

And both sides are oblivious and have closed off all reason and will completely deny the good or bad that he does.

He could literally cure cancer and the media would report only how he bankrupted doctors.

He could sell of the Grand Canyon to the Saudis, and his supporters would praise his business skills and talk about his brilliant 4D chess move.

And yes, the media hates him. But they sure love the ratings increases and the monetary benefits.

Last edited:
Typical liberal misconception...that it's the guns, and not the people who use them for crimes...that is the problem.

I haven't noticed that cops are scared shitless everywhere...but when you look at inner cities, where there are gangs and lots of drug dealers who carry illegal guns, then yeah, those cops certainly have to consider that when dealing with any suspects, even when just stopping someone for a traffic violation.

Many people have legal guns...and the majority of them don't use them for crime or to kill other people...they use them for hunting, or for protection against the criminals with illegal guns.

Too many are involved with “cult of personalities”

Very little emphasis on actions... good or bad.
Saw a massive buildup of that phenomenon on the first campaign of Obama.
And how the media loved to play up the women in the front rows as they wept tears of joy. Hope and change.
The media loved him and he could do mo wrong. If you opposed him, you were obviously a racist.

Shortly after inauguration he started bombing and drone strikes. And he totally destroyed possibly the only prosperous African country. So much for ‘hope and change’

With Trump its the much the same thing. Except the media despises him.
There is the cult that hates him, no matter what good he does, and the cult that loves him no matter what bad he does.

And both sides are oblivious and have closed off all reason and will completely deny the good or bad that he does.

He could literally cure cancer and the media would report only how he bankrupted doctors.

He could sell of the Grand Canyon to the Saudis, and his supporters would praise his business skills and talk about his brilliant 4D chess move.

And yes, the media hates him. But they sure love the ratings increases and the monetary benefits.

One lesson I have learnt in life is that people only believe what they want to. The truth is not always welcome and definitely not acceptable.

You could win the mega lotto and give away every penny to other people, but they will always remember you for that one bad thing you once did long ago.

My son is a police officer here. He does not have firearms training, he does not want to have firearms training and will resist it if it becomes mandatory. He is not keen to even do the taser course. He knows he will come up against armed people at some point, but never wants to be in the position of having to kill someone. Here hunting, and by association, hunters, are universally hated. Most Europeans, faced with killing an animal for fun, and the YouTube videos show that even killing wild animals that eat crops, destroy woodland etc is still fun, treat those people as people you don't bring home to meet the family. The truth here is that we view hunting as a worse thing than historic slavery. That's a hot subject at the moment with the statues thing, but most uk people don't see historic behaviour as something terrible but they do consider hunting and hunters as the scumbags of society. We view the US as something very unpleasant sometimes. Lovely people but really bad attitudes on some subjects, and we see the current president as frightening, something we never did with the last one, who was viewed here as a good president. Trump behaves like the old communist leaders. Ignores everyone and does his own thing. A truly dangerous man, who is probably the most internationally disliked, and that's the view of American politics we have of you. Never since Nixon has your politics been so dangerous and dis-United. In one of my shows we had a Broadway star, and he was always being asked by the press about his opinion of trump. He hated it because he simply could not say anything on the subject for fear of losing 50% of his Twitter followers. Not allowed to have a political opinion really worried him, and still does. It's a two team country with no middle ground allowed. I don't know if this is true but that's our view of the us

My son is a police officer here. He does not have firearms training, he does not want to have firearms training and will resist it if it becomes mandatory. He is not keen to even do the taser course. He knows he will come up against armed people at some point, but never wants to be in the position of having to kill someone. Here hunting, and by association, hunters, are universally hated. Most Europeans, faced with killing an animal for fun, and the YouTube videos show that even killing wild animals that eat crops, destroy woodland etc is still fun, treat those people as people you don't bring home to meet the family. The truth here is that we view hunting as a worse thing than historic slavery. That's a hot subject at the moment with the statues thing, but most uk people don't see historic behaviour as something terrible but they do consider hunting and hunters as the scumbags of society. We view the US as something very unpleasant sometimes. Lovely people but really bad attitudes on some subjects, and we see the current president as frightening, something we never did with the last one, who was viewed here as a good president. Trump behaves like the old communist leaders. Ignores everyone and does his own thing. A truly dangerous man, who is probably the most internationally disliked, and that's the view of American politics we have of you. Never since Nixon has your politics been so dangerous and dis-United. In one of my shows we had a Broadway star, and he was always being asked by the press about his opinion of trump. He hated it because he simply could not say anything on the subject for fear of losing 50% of his Twitter followers. Not allowed to have a political opinion really worried him, and still does. It's a two team country with no middle ground allowed. I don't know if this is true but that's our view of the us

I can agree with Rob on some things but not all.

Regards Guns: Not all gun owners partake in hunting. Not all hunting involves guns or as the next assumption on horseback or by rich people.

Regards Killing of animals: Those who are against guns or killing of animals by in large still eat meat. Many wild animals have to die so that those peoples meat and other foods can be supplied. How they die? Well if they werent shot then their fate can and is horrific and no details here. Farm animals are rarely killed in what I would say is humainly. But those who are against hunting and shooting believe that they are. Or rather want to believe that they are. The truth is.........go and see for yourself then decide if you want to eat meat or be shot.

The point of this: We in Europe who in mine and Robs lifetime used to regularly see dead animals hanging up outside every butchers shop, now only see a dead animal wrapped in plastic from Tesco's. So we have lost touch with reality and see the Americans love for hunting and guns as weird and in most parts unacceptable.

Regards Mr Donald Trump: There has been a massive effort by the Lefties around the world to daily attack this man and blame him for everything under the sun. The facts and truth are distorted to suit and there are Lefties who devote entire radio slots to anti Donald propaganda. The obsession to blacken this man is extreme and could only come about via the internet. Most people can see through it and tire of it, but it still goes on.

In both cases of guns/hunting in America and who you vote for has nothing to do for all Europeans unless you are German and about to lose your defence. But this hasn't stopped the Lefties. They have this insane idea that if they drive us nuts with the Donald, it will somehow make him lose the election........ In America!!!!!

Here's a far left liberal...resorting to gun violence and killing a right wing supporter simply because like most liberals, he was intolerant of the opposing views.
I bet the liberal was a supporter of more gun control...:rolleyes:...there in lies the hypocrisy of the left.

Well...the police ended up killing him when he pulled a gun on them during their investigation.
Now his liberal buddies will have a reason to continue their rioting and destruction of more property in Portland.

Federal task force kills Portland shooting suspect at arrest

I wrote a long post yesterday from your other post and I was logged out, and it DISAPPEARED. So, I'll comment on this post.

Obama was a great President for EVERY NATION except the United States, and I voted for him twice (the last time I'll ever vote Democrat) His only major accomplishment was Obamacare. If you look up videos, there's plenty where he said "If you like your Dr, you keep your Dr. Your premiums will go down, and affordable healthcare for all". An outright lie. MILLIONS got cheap healthcare. You know who DIDN'T? I didn't. I wasn't eligible for Obamacare. So, I lost my $1500 IRS check each year. I had to pay for everyone else. I could not afford insurance and still pay my mortgage. My wife, who had the same healthcare provider over 25 years, lost that provider. Because the rates went up so high her company had to change providers. More money, less coverage. So, you and every other country can think he was a great President. You're allowed to be wrong. That's not a crime. But, if someone wants to talk about accomplishment, he did NOTHING. The only good part of Obamacare is, you can't be refused for pre-existing conditions. Besides that. What made him great? What did he do for the US? What has Trump done? Created the most successful economy the US has seen since I was born 60 years ago. He promised quite a few things and delivered on some. He puts the US first.

I might mention the wrong association. But I think it's NATO where no country pays what they promised. THANKS UK! (I'm kidding :eek:) So Trump called them on it. They're going to balk and complain. I have an idea. If you promise 2% of your GDP, pay it. The US carries all these countries and finally a President said "pay up". We all know these countries aren't going to. They'll say "Ok" and just ignore it. But putting the truth out there makes Trump a bad guy. I think the "bad" is attached to the person/country.

Trump has done nothing that was as bad as Obama's lies on healthcare. But, the good news is, our house and senate can't figure out how to fix the healthcare system. So, all these people who got cheap healthcare are finding their rates skyrocketing. They won't be able to pay it soon. Because through executive order, Trump stopped me and millions of others from being penalized for Obama's lie.

I used to hate hunters. Maybe it's different in the UK. But, hunters in the US eat what they kill, and believe it or not, they tend to have a finer respect for what they hunt (at least the ones I've known). Many states have clamped down on open hunting and hunters have to pay. As a hunter once told me, if people stopped hunting, the deer alone would take over the country. Because NJ only has certain times to hunt, we pass between 5 - 10 hit deers rotting on the road side each weekend. Not shot and killed quickly, instead hit by cars and left to suffer till they die and rot. They just run wild. As deplorable as I think fox hunting is, what does fox hunt? They're not vegetarians. Animals kill animals. Hunting for fun is sick. But blocking or hating meat hunting is dangerous for people and animals. As I have thought on many occasions, thank God for people who slaughter animals so I can eat, because I couldn't. If you're not a vegetarian, thank your local slaughterhouse worker.

I live next to a river. I saw a deer in my backyard with a broken leg. That night I heard splashing in the river. It was loud and awful and went on for about 5 minutes. Since I didn't hear screaming, I didn't call the police. But the next day I saw a dead deer in the river. It had been attacked by coyote in the area.

Trump is the furthest thing from a communist leader, because he has an open mind. He's changed it on numerous occasions. That annoys the hell out of the press. There's nothing he's passed or ordered that does not have the best interest of the US in mind. His tweets are insane, and he hates how the press paints everything he does as wrong. A great example is covid. When the virus first hit, he immediately stopped travel from China to the US. Which makes perfect sense. Did the press applaud him? No. They and the Dems called him a racist. That's the way they think. When covid first hit the conservative estimates were 250 - 500 thousand people could die early on. 187,000 have died so far. Only 6% died from covid alone, the other 94% died with underlying health problems. These stats are from the latest CDC release.

The statues thing is hilarious. That's the BEST of Democratic Hypocrisy. But kept for another thread. This one is way too LONG.

With all due apologies to Brits, you’ve been victims of a massive brainwashing campaign. You used to have gun rights, and the ability to defend yourselves. Now all that has been turned over to the state.
The term ‘nanny state’ isn’t satire or some joke. It is real.

People in the US are viewed as somehow uncivilized because of our ‘love’ of guns, our ‘insane’ gun culture........etc.

The only thing the vast majority ‘love’ is our freedom, our self reliance, our ability to defend ourselves.

And this anti hunting attitude is simply insane. Unless one is 100% vegan, humans eat the flesh of other once living creatures. To get from the forest to the frying pan someone had to kill it.
Only most killing occurs out of sight snd out of mind and is corporate. Yet the individual hunter is demonized.
Most hunters are more environmentally responsible than any corporate entity.

Now, I’m personally very anti sport hunting. To me, killing because you enjoy killing is wrong and twisted. But that just me.

And the gun issue is a very simple one. We have an inherent right to defend ourselves, our families, our property.

Guns are the most effective means of that defense.

The insane left is rooted in communism and has as one of its goals, all power to be taken away from individuals and turned over to the state.

Americans for the most part don’t want that.

And for all the USA bashing that’s gone on, it’s been probably the most desirable country to immigrate to. So it has something going for it.

In closing, some of the most ‘patriotic Americans’ I know are Russian immigrants who grew up under communism.
Unlike the entitled leftists who grew up here and take everything this country has given them for granted and are now trying to tear down, they appreciate and are grateful for everything they have.

Last edited:
Obama was a great President for EVERY NATION except the United States, and I voted for him twice (the last time I'll ever vote Democrat) His only major accomplishment was Obamacare. If you look up videos, there's plenty where he said "If you like your Dr, you keep your Dr. Your premiums will go down, and affordable healthcare for all". An outright lie. MILLIONS got cheap healthcare. You know who DIDN'T? I didn't. I wasn't eligible for Obamacare. So, I lost my $1500 IRS check each year. I had to pay for everyone else. I could not afford insurance and still pay my mortgage. My wife, who had the same healthcare provider over 25 years, lost that provider. Because the rates went up so high her company had to change providers. More money, less coverage. So, you and every other country can think he was a great President. You're allowed to be wrong. That's not a crime. But, if someone wants to talk about accomplishment, he did NOTHING. The only good part of Obamacare is, you can't be refused for pre-existing conditions. Besides that. What made him great? What did he do for the US? What has Trump done? Created the most successful economy the US has seen since I was born 60 years ago. He promised quite a few things and delivered on some. He puts the US first.

I might mention the wrong association. But I think it's NATO where no country pays what they promised. THANKS UK! (I'm kidding :eek:) So Trump called them on it. They're going to balk and complain. I have an idea. If you promise 2% of your GDP, pay it. The US carries all these countries and finally a President said "pay up". We all know these countries aren't going to. They'll say "Ok" and just ignore it. But putting the truth out there makes Trump a bad guy. I think the "bad" is attached to the person/country.

Trump has done nothing that was as bad as Obama's lies on healthcare. But, the good news is, our house and senate can't figure out how to fix the healthcare system. So, all these people who got cheap healthcare are finding their rates skyrocketing. They won't be able to pay it soon. Because through executive order, Trump stopped me and millions of others from being penalized for Obama's lie.

Trump is the furthest thing from a communist leader, because he has an open mind. He's changed it on numerous occasions. That annoys the hell out of the press. There's nothing he's passed or ordered that does not have the best interest of the US in mind. His tweets are insane, and he hates how the press paints everything he does as wrong. A great example is covid. When the virus first hit, he immediately stopped travel from China to the US. Which makes perfect sense. Did the press applaud him? No. They and the Dems called him a racist. That's the way they think. When covid first hit the conservative estimates were 250 - 500 thousand people could die early on. 187,000 have died so far. Only 6% died from covid alone, the other 94% died with underlying health problems. These stats are from the latest CDC release.

The statues thing is hilarious. That's the BEST of Democratic Hypocrisy.

Wow that's some real valid personal observations and experiences...Thanks for sharing...

Trump is a real unicorn that defies common sense. In this crazy corrupt world he's certainly turned the tables upside down and given the world a look at the harsh reality that a lot of things that have gone down and are going down are just bullshit wrong... I sure don't agree with him on many many things but the left has fallen off the edge and "political correctness" BULLSHIT and how the left-press has propagated division, literally inciting riots and anarchy is freekin scary..... I have recently witnessed some hard core lefties jumping ship and realizing that deep down the Donald IS NOT a politician but his intentions are sincere to move America into a better place than where we are today and that the side they have been rooting for is clearly manipulating and moving us right over the edge of freedom into a socialistic everybody is equal even if you're just a lazy unmotivated turd...we all should get to live the same lifestyle...I'm all for making sure people have the opportunity to have a nice life as long as they are willing to work for it...handouts to the greedy user abuser and lazy asses have to stop... What I see here in Cali makes me want to puke...Free mobile phones and service if you're broke? WTF! Get that fucker a job so he can buy a phone if he wants one....The homeless thing is infuriating...It has become a "lifestyle" kind of like living "off the grid"...except they are living "off of the state"...setting up their tents close to the nearest McDonalds so they can get free wi fi and a toilet and cheap food...

I have seen EBT card abuse for years.... watched one piece of shit use his card and then load his free food into his brand new Cadillac SUV with $6,000 custom wheels WTF? Real good at giving shit away...real bad at the check and balance...but who needs to adhere to a budget...that is so yesterdays way of thinking....

Oh well enough ranting ...

I saw one not so nice bumper sticker the other day "Dump the turd on the 3rd"..:rolleyes:....well to each his own...For sure here in Califuckedupornia my vote is wasted....

But he did help create a racial divide, empower SJWs, and let all of us know ”you didn’t build that”.
Oh, and in a book, bragged “I’m really good at killing people”.
Almost forgot...... took out Osama Bin Laden. With zero proof.

Oh yeah, you can’t forget......the Obamaphone.

Because the most important thing in this country is that the homeless and welfare crowd have free phones. :)

Which, by the way, is an excellent law enforcement evasion tool. The meth heads are all in touch with each other via texts. They relay where the sheriff is so the others can break into cars and houses while the cops are tied up on the other side of town.

Last edited:
It's actually interesting hearing the alternative views, and I do understand they're sincere. I suppose much is down to the impression outsiders get. Frankly, what we think doesn't matter, but the actions we see on the news concern us. We see a very strange, perhaps unique person in charge and wonder how he swept hundreds of years of your political history to one side and just does his own thing. I hope it gets better soon.

I was in a wallmart (I think) and found it very strange that you could buy sodas and bullets at the same counter.

We have historic rights here. In York, the law states that it is legal to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow upon seeing one, except for on Sundays. By the law from Edward II in 1324, all sturgeons and whales should be offered to the reigning monarch in case they want them.

Along with dolphins and porpoises, they are considered royal fish and any captured within 3 miles of shore, or wash ashore, should be first offered to the crown.

We also have historic restrictions. It’s been illegal to wear a suit of armour in the UK Parliament since 1313.

We don't consider these things to be brought up to date - we just don't bother to enforce or real them. I find the right to have a gun something that has gone very wrong. Difficult or impossible to change I guess, but the notion of 'protection' is a bit warped.

As long as bad people have guns good people should as well.

In the US it’s ironic how those who are anti gun call the police. When the shit hits the fan what do they do? They send out a man with a gun. :)

That’s outsourcing of your personal protection. And 99.9 percent of the time, the agency you’re calling comes after the fact. The crime has been already been committed and they’re just documenting the incident.

Now in a perfect world, NO ONE would have guns. But that would mean no warships, bombs, missiles, etc either. Governments would be disarmed as well.

But we all know that won’t happen.

A gun is just a tool. Taking guns off people will not stop people killing others. There used to be an argument that a gun made it easier to kill others. Well terrorists dont bother with guns now because they use cars and trucks and wipe out far more people far more easily and far more secretly.

Will taking away guns stop the killing of animals? No, because people who do not want those animals around for whatever reason use other more effective methods already causing indescribable suffering and accidents. This would increase dramatically and largely go unnoticed.

The gun argument is done to death and doesnt stand up but favoured by antis to use to clobber the other side.

Reactions: RFR
Back