Bad ass videos

Looks like I'm the only one playing but I'll play...

Pink performing White Rabbit...I met that Chick bass player playing bass for Crimson Crowbar at a local pub in Covina a year or so ago...cool chick...bad ass bass player...married to a bad ass guitar player...

I'll start....

Amazing how simple the song sounds but how complex it is. I think what is even more incredible is that the sounds that were created for that time was very visionary.

I think the song still holds up very well.

OK I know this is not a "video" video but this particular video must be listened to either with a quad system if you actually have one in 2020 or head phones so you can appreciate this track is actually recorded in quad...OK why the fuck would I post this video...well because it is firstly amazing music...and secondly it was my first real rock concert and changed the course of my life..As I walked away that night 2 days into being 19 years old I decided that is what the fuck I want to do for a living...I want to be able to blow minds like mine and everyone else at that concert had just been blown.....DSOTM pre album release plus stuff from Meddal and umma gumma...this is bad ass audio.... I was a blessed mofo to have been placed where I was placed that crazy amazing evening...

OK I know this is not a "video" video but this particular video must be listened to either with a quad system if you actually have one in 2020 or head phones so you can appreciate this track is actually recorded in quad...OK why the fuck would I post this video...well because it is firstly amazing music...and secondly it was my first real rock concert and changed the course of my life..As I walked away that night 2 days into being 19 years old I decided that is what the fuck I want to do for a living...I want to be able to blow minds like mine and everyone else at that concert had just been blown.....DSOTM pre album release plus stuff from Meddal and umma gumma...this is bad ass audio.... I was a blessed mofo to have been placed where I was placed that crazy amazing evening...

I purchased Dark Side of the Moon in SACD. They remixed it for 5.1. Interesting mix, but I must admit I wen back to the stereo mix after a few listens.

I can't say for music I am a big fan of more than a stereo mix. Not sure why, as I love the idea, but it doesn't seem to work.

I purchased Dark Side of the Moon in SACD. They remixed it for 5.1. Interesting mix, but I must admit I wen back to the stereo mix after a few listens.

I can't say for music I am a big fan of more than a stereo mix. Not sure why, as I love the idea, but it doesn't seem to work.

Discreet quad in the mid 70's was amazing especially when the studios / bands designed the music for it DSOTM and Quadraphenia are two that come to mind...we used to go to a buddys apartment with his Zenith quad system ....get loaded on Pot and Matuess ( YUK!) and get our minds blown... DSOTM and Quadraphenia were both engineered for quad and performed as such live...You had to be there to really know what I'm talking about but if you were in the center you were in audiophile heaven...I was for both concerts

Agree the 5.1 stuff and all the other iterations don't quite get it and a powerful stereo system is hard to beat...

You gotta love this video because of the bad ass celebrities.

Never saw that video before and yes it is Bad Ass ...As someone with 30+ years of sobriety I know a few alcoholics...:D As I watched the video I just had to kind of smile each scene reminded of someone I knew. One story that was resurrected by the Nick Cage shower scene was a story I once heard from a guy who was so fucked up he couldn't stand so he lied down in the bathtub and set up an enema bag filled with Vodka and just laid in the tub drinking until he passed out...It's a crazy disease....cool video....

I always enjoyed the video that Genesis did for Land of Confusion. It was very creative for the time, considering it was 34 years ago!

There are things you notice in videos which make you remember them. This one is from 1975 and ......."This ones for me Ma".

An oldie. Just turn up and play. So Basic.

Here's a curve ball to this thread..Bad ass isn't just performances...This is a Bad ass video because of the content...Had no idea Chris and Janis were a thing...man sometimes you just don't know what you don't know...The end of the video is really heart warming...

Always loved the song but it means a hell of a lot more to me now...

Hell this is new and obscure but damn cool... Still haven't found what I'm looking for ala Ray Charles and James Brown

Big Mike is just bad ass ...this is a weird one but I love this knucklehead!

Back