Audio Gear Political Correctness

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
You would think the audio world would be safe from all the PC lunacy...but think again.

New audio gear sparks "outcry" from women.

Audio Interface 'for Females' Sparks Outcry - ProSoundNetwork.com

I thought it was just a joke...but it's a real product, and I guess women who normally use compact make-up kits and have piles of them, are not happy that audio gear was made to resemble one.

Good call in their marketing/design department. :facepalm:
:laughings:

Haha.

They're supposed to have focus group studies for this sort of thing. Either they skipped that, or it was comprised of the wrong folks/demographic. Or, perhaps, the marketing direction came after they tested it with women, but didn't tell them why it was designed the way it was.

I just wish they'd waited and sprung it on the world in a Super Bowl ad :eek:

You would think the audio world would be safe from all the PC lunacy...but think again.

I'm suprised outcry doesn't happen more. There's some pedals with pc incorrect names. Two come to mind. "Swollen pickle" and another one with the pussy word in it's name.
:D

I'm suprised outcry doesn't happen more. There's some pedals with pc incorrect names. Two come to mind. "Swollen pickle" and another one with the pussy word in it's name.
:D

I've got a great one that very not PC...it's got a picture of a nudie, and the LEDs for the pedal are her nipples. :p

You can check it out here: Rick Gram Studios Tz-1 Woman Tone | Tone Zone : Gear Vault

It's a pedal made by Rick Gram Studios...but they've been out of production for years now. I also have his Frankentone pedal, which is a nice mellow fuzz.
This is what it looks like:

Rick Gram Frankentone - Franken Tone TZ-2 2002 Gray | Reverb

There was also a third one...Catch a Buzz pedal. :D

Here write up of all three from back in 2000: Rick Gram Tone Zone Pedals | Vintage Guitar(R) magazine

I spoke with Rick Gram a few years ago when I was looking for the power supply for the unit, as it was kinda specific, and I think there was something wrong with one pedal...I forget...but he was way cool, and took care of the issue and also gave me a couple of new PS units for the pedals, and said not to use anything but them.

OK...excuse the segue...but it's my thread, so it's OK. ;)

I literally can't even.

Trump's America. If this pussy grabbing, thing, this misogynist company put out catches on, people are, like, literally going to die. And Fascist Nazis, and, like, Hitler. Orange man bad!

I'm guessing the company is in Japan, and the product was intended for the Japanese marketplace. In that culture and marketplace, it might seem perfectly acceptable to the men to create this kind of product for women-- and, who knows, it might even seem perfectly acceptable to many women to buy this kind of product?

Note, I'm not saying that I think it's perfectly acceptable, or that the Japanese culture does; I'm merely suggesting the possibility that it might seem acceptable to them.

It's not one culture's "place" to judge another culture on things like this. After all, this isn't some horrible human rights violation or whatever. Female producers in Japan are presumably still free to buy whichever audio interface they want, just as any Japanese men who happen to enjoy playing with ladies' makeup kits are also free to buy this thing if they want.

The one good thing is that the Japanese make a point of not just marketing to women, but also doing research into what may be different in terms of the needs of different sections of the population, not just male/female. This seems to be an obvious example of something that wasn't researched , but that's just my opinion.

You know that some females want to be treated as female. Some want to be treated the same as males. However I always remember what my mother said to me once. "why do females want to be treated equal to males when females have always been superior to males". :facepalm:

Alan.

However I always remember what my mother said to me once. "why do females want to be treated equal to males when females have always been superior to males". :facepalm:

Alan.

Old East Coast saying;

The man is the head of the houshold, but the woman is the neck. And the neck can turn the head any way it wants

Back