anyone else having Windows 10 issues?

A lot of users have complained about the updates, so maybe MS will finally address those issues. My Win 10 Home is way slower than my old XP, which was lightning fast, BTW. Good luck to you whichever way you go with this.
Thanks, and good luck to you as well.

Win 10 will be supported until 2025, so you've got 4 more years.

According to Microsoft two of my computers will not run WIn 10. Guess what.... both are running Win 10. I just put a SSD in the old Dell Phenom X6 machine and it boots up in about 15-20 seconds, loads email and web browsers fast, run Quicken, Reaper, plays DVDs and MPeg movies just fine. The old laptop has an I3-2350M and is running Win 10. It's no blitz, but it's fine for browsing the web.

Word is that you can use a software TMP2.0 if your MB doesn't have it in hardware.

Win 10 will be supported until 2025, so you've got 4 more years.

According to Microsoft two of my computers will not run WIn 10. Guess what.... both are running Win 10. I just put a SSD in the old Dell Phenom X6 machine and it boots up in about 15-20 seconds, loads email and web browsers fast, run Quicken, Reaper, plays DVDs and MPeg movies just fine. The old laptop has an I3-2350M and is running Win 10. It's no blitz, but it's fine for browsing the web.

Word is that you can use a software TMP2.0 if your MB doesn't have it in hardware.
I've been reading lots of users saying pretty much the same. I'll try the upgrade just in case I can slip through.

For years, monthly updates to my Win 10 Home desktop were screwing with my Tascam US-2x2 interface driver - disabling it with every update.

The interface was USB powered from my PC, and can be powered by a wall wart. All those years, I've been running it powered solely by USB.

About a month ago, I bought a wall wart supply believing that would prevent power interruption when Win 10 updates restarted. It did so, but the first post wall wart update disabled the driver. And yet, if I manually restarted the system the driver remained intact. Puzzling.. something in the update itself was disabling the driver, not power related.

Well, this last update (Dec 15), the update did not disable the driver. Cool!

So.. my problem is partially remedied. Hopefully the majority of future updates will not disable the driver.

Thanks. I'm going to go through a couple more monthly updates as-is to see what pattern develops. If further updates disable the driver I'll give your suggestion a try - stopping automatic device updates.

I can see the coming irony.. by the time I nail this down, Win 10 updates as a whole will have ceased - expired, and I'll have taken my PC offline permanently.

It must be something peculiar. I've put every update on my computer and my Tascam 16x08 has never changed. Once I went to the V4 driver, it's been pretty solid.

I do have one icon on my upstairs desktop that disappears every time I reboot my computer. I pin it to the start menu, and if I reboot, the icon is gone. WEIRD. It doesn't do that on any of my other 3 computers.

I left my desktop on for a week and it updated, hung on restart then completely lost speaker output and midi input. I had to reinstall windows. :cursing:

Well, for only the second time since I switched to wall wart power, this month's updates did not disable my Tascam driver. I think that makes me 2 for 4 so half my updates are without this issue. Not bad, really.

I haven't disabled updates as @CoolCat suggested because I do want them.

Back