Anybody remember "the cave"?

So, what's up with you?

I vaguely remember a kingofpainsomethingorother, but I don't remember if I was for you or agin' you.

I don't think you and I really had a whole lot of interaction at least not in the cave. I definitely remember your name though. as far as i remember, I think most of our discussions were in the main forum and was pretty much neutral. that said, I was an absolute shit head so make of that what you will :laughings:

Hey KOP I remember you ...but without the dragon cave archives I've no clue what interaction we had other than being part of one of the coolest little places in space in time ever.... REALLY wish they'd left the Cave up just for reading and remembering...even if we couldn't comment or post anymore...Those that were not really part of the glory days there just don't understand how much golden comedy existed in that weird little space...not to mention great info and insight and a brotherhood of dumb ass like minded dorks that came to HR.com to learn how to record their music and discovered a Biker bar where mere musicians could hang out and shoot the shit. What a trip and what a good bunch of asshats!

Hey KOP I remember you ...but without the dragon cave archives I've no clue what interaction we had other than being part of one of the coolest little places in space in time ever.... REALLY wish they'd left the Cave up just for reading and remembering...even if we couldn't comment or post anymore...Those that were not really part of the glory days there just don't understand how much golden comedy existed in that weird little space...not to mention great info and insight and a brotherhood of dumb ass like minded dorks that came to HR.com to learn how to record their music and discovered a Biker bar where mere musicians could hang out and shoot the shit. What a trip and what a good bunch of asshats!

So when they got rid of the cave everything in it just got deleted? did they even try just locking it up and using it as an archive?
that silly little internet forum has stuck with me after all this time. it really was quite a bit of fun

So when they got rid of the cave everything in it just got deleted? did they even try just locking it up and using it as an archive?
that silly little internet forum has stuck with me after all this time. it really was quite a bit of fun

Yes the powers that be ( none which were original members or had a vested interest in it) just coldly removed it...I repeatedly asked them not to completely remove it and just close new post to it. I went as far as offering to host it elsewhere if they were worried about the storage part of it ....all to deaf ears. It would have been so easy to just kill new posting and leave it as an archive. Sadly "someone" (who later got the permanent ban) that really was the driving force behind turning the Cave into the cesspool it had become was all for the Cave being deleted completely... destroy the evidence per se...and it was done.

The Cave was just one really unique little slice of cyberspace with that crazy crew of misfits from all over the world participating...With the theme of a Biker bar...no one had to hold back and shit was tossed...generally pretty respectfully and then you had the drop ins like Ken D Weber who was destined for greatness ( he was ) and Getugrip winning the lottery...or not...Doc Stawl and his brilliant and yet psychotic ways ...Satanist Clayton....and then for Cripes sakes EZ Willis...so many crazy ass personalities...what a fun, heartbreaking and mind opening world view that forum offered...The Cave drove Dragon crazy It was not what he had envisioned ( unintended consequences ) It frustrated him that it was the most visited section of HR.com ...Damn it This is supposed to be a place where people share and learn about recording music at home...not some damn social meeting place for a bunch of loser musicians...

Good times, good memories... an eternal diet of Shit sandwiches to those who destroyed it.

But I'm not bitter! :laughings:

Joke em if they can't take a fuck!

Yes the powers that be ( none which were original members or had a vested interest in it) just coldly removed it...

I'm assuming the forum must have gone through at least one ownership change since I've been gone?

Sadly "someone" (who later got the permanent ban) that really was the driving force behind turning the Cave into the cesspool it had become was all for the Cave being deleted completely... destroy the evidence per se...and it was done.

Gerg? that would be my guess...
Care to give me a rundown on his banification?

---------- Update ----------

Nothing lasts forever. But it was pretty fun while it did.

That it was, how've you been creep?

also there used to be a guy that hung around here that was like the acoustic treatment guru... I can't remember his name I wanna say ethan weiner? maybe thats not right. anyone know who i'm talking about? he still kickin around somewhere?

Only one owner change and yes your assumption is right. He got the final ban just by being who he was...a smidgen on the abrasive side of the fence one might say... :laughings:

also there used to be a guy that hung around here that was like the acoustic treatment guru... I can't remember his name I wanna say ethan weiner? maybe thats not right. anyone know who i'm talking about? he still kickin around somewhere?

Winer, I think. I haven't seen him in a decade or so. He sent me a piano program at some point. I'll have to look for him. Wasn't the name of his company Real Traps, or something like that?

---------- Update ----------

What's funny about this is that Gerg was a huge Ramones fan.

Back