Alice Cooper for President!

TAE

All you have is now
Ok since we have the 2020 election behind us now, I think it is time we start taking this presidential candidate shit a little more seriously and this post is the start of a national movement that will leave the world with their jaws dropped on the floor and make it better far more rocking world than it's boring ass is right now....

I'm serious...Alice Cooper for President! What a smart, level headed cool cat to get the worlds attention and our country back on the right track...and ...he can kick the Donalds ass in golf even if the Donald cheats ( nah he wouldn't would he? :laughings: ) I mean the clean and sober son of a preacher ......the story doesn't get any better.

Well no better time than the present to get the ball rolling...AC for DC! AC for DC! We want him to be elected!

Alice's restaurant.png

I have different candidates in mind.
Ted Nugent. He’s a rocker, doesn’t use drugs, is slightly crazy, is into guns but isn’t crazy enough to have shot anyone.(that I know of) :)

My first choice would have been Joe Walsh, but I fear he’d be stoned most of the time.
lol:)

I LOVED Alice Cooper and his original band.

I just watched Rock Legends Neal Smith, Michael Bruce and Glen Buxton perform. The show was taped close to the death of Buxton.

I saw Smith and Dunaway at a horror convention years ago and was told each year the original band and Cooper perform a charity event in Phoenix. They performed at that convention and it was magnificent.

If ever there was an example of "band" versus "hired talent" it's Alice Cooper. I've seen Cooper a few times and he's fun. But, musically the talent is stale. They're all great players "doing" the songs. They lack the energy and life Smith/Dunaway/Bruce/Buxton gave the material. I saw Dunaway and Smith, and then the two with Bruce, and they sounded GREAT. No theatrics, lights, just the guys playing the songs the way they should be played.

I think the worst I've ever seen replacements is The Clash when Jones was fired. Cut the Crap is exactly that, CRAP. On tour they replaced Jones with 2 guitarists and they both sucked.

I have different candidates in mind.
Ted Nugent. He’s a rocker, doesn’t use drugs, is slightly crazy, is into guns but isn’t crazy enough to have shot anyone.(that I know of) :)

My first choice would have been Joe Walsh, but I fear he’d be stoned most of the time.
lol:)

Joe is now sober believe it or not. Great guy and turns out a lot smarter than you might think.

Ya know Joe Walsh and Ted Nugent are also great options...Either one would make a great running mate for Alice....

OK here's a fun fantasy...Only famous musicians can run...The Dems have Bob Seger and Carol King..The republicans Have Ted and Alice

Yep Bob, Carol, Ted and Alice :laughings:

I LOVED Alice Cooper and his original band.

Big early Alice Cooper fan...and love a ton of stuff later...but when Zappa was whipping them into shape for touring what a kick ass rock band..

I was lucky to come across him early before he made it on the major radio stations...Got to see him multiple times with the early band...Holy Shit they blew the house down..Had a hard time wrapping my head around Alice's character but the music was just too kick ass to ignore... Heading home from seeing them at swing auditorium during the Billion Dollar babies tour we saw them heading down the 10 frwy west towards Hollyweird in a green limo and they pulled off on our main drag in Covina for some reason..

As I have mentioned previously I was a rock concert junkie and got to be quite proficient at sneaking up front /getting better seats and several times finding myself back stage. At the Forum for a Rod Stewart concert got my ass thrown out...then talked an old reporter that was leaving the show to give me his back stage pass...Walked back in through the underground tunnel where the VIP's and bands come and was backstage...walked into the green room and there was about 50 people, open bar and food..I'm freeking out thinking I'm going to get thrown out again...I sit down in this chair and low and behold...I'm sitting next to Alice...Holy shit..all these execs and beautiful people are walking up to him and saying Hey AC ...I'm star struck and just sit there with my mouth shut...beautiful women all around him....look over to the bar ..There's Liza Minelli ...whacky night.

Last edited:
“School’s Out” fucked me up. Song came out in my junior year of high school. My senior year was spent just showing up to take my tests. I skipped a lot. Lol ;)
Thank god I was a good reader and test taker.

Big early Alice Cooper fan...and love a ton of stuff later...but when Zappa was whipping them into shape for touring what a kick ass rock band..

I was lucky to come across him early before he made it on the major radio stations...Got to see him multiple times with the early band...Holy Shit they blew the house down..Had a hard time wrapping my head around Alice's character but the music was just too kick ass to ignore... Heading home from seeing them at swing auditorium during the Billion Dollar babies tour we saw them heading down the 10 frwy west towards Hollyweird in a green limo and they pulled off on our main drag in Covina for some reason..

As I have mentioned previously I was a rock concert junkie and got to be quite proficient at sneaking up front /getting better seats and several times finding myself back stage. At the Forum for a Rod Stewart concert got my ass thrown out...then talked a an old reporter that was leaving the show to give me his back stage pass...Walked back in through the undergound tunnel where the VIP's and bands come and was backstage...walked into the green room and there was about 50 people open bar and food..I'm freeking out thinking I'm going to get thrown out again...I sit down in this chair and low and behold...I'm sitting next to Alice...Holy shit..all these execs and beautiful people are walking up to him and saying Hey AC ...I'm star struck and just sit there with my mouth shut...beautiful women all around him....look over to the bar ..There's Liza Minelli ...whacky night.

You are so lucky to have seen him with the original band. ALL their albums are classic (IMO). But, damn sobriety had to do in the Coop. I liked the TV show they did for Welcome to My Nightmare. But, the album just lacked the band's talent.

The last time I saw Alice Cooper he didn't sing "I'm Eighteen", he just held the mic out for the audience to sing. It would have been strange to see a guy in his 60s singing "I'm eighteen and I like it." There were plenty of old audience members who had no problem being lead vocals. I remained quiet.

Years ago I read a blog ran on-line about what a crack head Bruce had become. He was staying at some guy's house and basically robbed him to buy drugs. I just looked for the article, but couldn't find it. I did find an interesting article on the documentary Super Duper where Bruce isn't even mentioned. The guy did write/co-write many of the hits. When I saw him with Smith and Dunaway, he did the singing, and sounds a lot like Cooper.

Yo Snowman... Dude...think you might dig this...

About a year ago I met this cat on the street after an open mic. Frank Simes, and there was a instant cosmic connection that brought he and I together. He invited me to come see his schtick, I went and was not disappointed. Kind of set some embers burning in my old soul ..

Check out the trailer and dig deeper if you're intrigued...Looked up some of the stuff you've been up to and you being quite the creationist will probably dig Franky's perspective on the harmonic balance of life on earth....and elsewhere

Last edited:
Yo Snowman... Dude...think you might dig this...

About a year ago I met this cat on the street after an open mic. Frank Simes, and there was a instant cosmic connection that brought he and I together. He invited me to come see his schtick, I went and was not disappointed. Kind of set some embers burning in my old soul ..

Check out the trailer and dig deeper if you're intrigued...Looked up some of the stuff you've been up to and you being quite the creationist will probably dig Franky's perspective on the harmonic balance of life on earth....and elsewhere

I LOVE Music. But, I have a tendency to stay away from speaking about the feelings of music, science. I like listening to people discuss recording tricks and stories behind songs.

I know what music does for me, and always has.This is the first song I remember playing over and over hours at a time (I still do that). It was on an LP, so I'd have to get up and reset the needle.

I know a few people who don't listen to music, and I find that strange. I think they're missing out on the greatest thing life has to offer.

I LOVE Music.

Me too!

My whole family was musical. My Mom was a prolific lyricist songwriter..."for her kids and grandkids ears only though" I was constantly sick with terrible sore throats and really fevers until @ 3 when I had the tonsils yanked. She'd hold me in her rocking chair and sing me songs... some she made up, some that were old standards until I could sleep.

This one below is short n sweet but totally fun that she wrote for my nephew.

The fishies wash the dishes
The doggy scrubs the floors
The horsey does the vacuuming
and the cow has to stay out doors
Poor Cow Moo Moo
Poor Cow Moo Moo

Catholic upbringing and Catholic school ...We were always singing and a lot of the songs were in Latin :eek:...Singing was called "music" and it was one of the grades on our report cards...you sang good or bad.

@ 1964 ( I was 11 ) a neighbor kid decided he was going to put on a mini concert on his backyard patio. He got 3 other kids to join him, they all wore mops on their heads and lip synced the Beatles... there were maybe 10 of us other neighborhood kids watching this "concert" but the "fun" of watching the those knuckleheads lip sync those early hits like I wanna hold your hand was a trip. Up until then I have to say that being very influenced by my Pops I had felt my 18 year old sisters obsession with these long haired weirdos was silly...but that day I got it...they were fun.

My first album was the Smothers brothers..it was awesome

I know a few people who don't listen to music, and I find that strange. I think they're missing out on the greatest thing life has to offer.

I know people who don't get into music, listen to the radio, buy music, not a fan or have an opinion on musicians..it does seem strange ....but unless they are deaf they are experiencing "music" everyday and music is influencing them and their moods whether they know it or not...Love how we use music to set the tone or mood in TV and movies...so awesome.

As Frank Simes explains in the the Big Strum theory Music is vibrations and the whole cosmos is vibrating...yep one big constant cosmic orgasm...thats music.

I love listening, but I love creating them vibrations even more.

It would have been strange to see a guy in his 60s singing "I'm eighteen and I like it."
He didn't even sing it when he was 18 ! :eek:
It would have been strange to see a guy in his 60s singing "I'm eighteen and I like it."
He wasn't even 18 when he originally sang it ! :D
He was over 18 when he originally did it ! :laughings:

My Mom...... She'd hold me in her rocking chair and sing me songs...
My Mum used to sing while she cooked. Her voice used to sound like someone that had found an out of tune violin with no hope of ever being tuned and just decided to use the violin to play the bow !
She told me that when I was a baby and toddler that when she'd sing, I'd cry !!

My Mum used to sing while she cooked. Her voice used to sound like someone that had found an out of tune violin with no hope of ever being tuned and just decided to use the violin to play the bow !

My wife doesn't sing well. We will just leave it at that. ;)

:)

Back