Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Alice Cooper for President!

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    A different take on Uptown Funk....

Tomco Audio Electric ( TAE )

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    For Cripes sake! Proof of the puddin!

Creating audible vibrations to stimulate and entertain mankind and other small cave dwelling furry animals.

"The secret to a long life is to live a long time" .... "You can quote me on that" TAE

Thanks
    The best part of all the videos was your keyboard playing on the garage version. You looked like you were having a ball.

That top 50 list was BAD. The bits of songs I heard were uneventful at best. You figure when you're cutting up songs to highlight them, you pick the catchiest part.

Bowie definitely channeled his inner Ronson for Rebel Rebel. Of course he had Visconti producing, so there's that. I had a great conversation with Visconti at the urinal. My friend George (concert double) was in the stall yelling "that's a great question George."

Vulfpeck started out good, and they sound like great players. I can understand why you'd like them. But, they have a little to much Prog for me. It's the one form of music, that if I didn't like the record when it was released, I can't get into now. My concert double (though he's been to thousands more shows than I have), works with Nektar, it's one of his favorite bands. He gave me seats to one of their shows a few years back, and I left halfway through.

I don't know if it's the recording equipment or the sound just changed. If I was on deserted island with only one form of music it'd be big band/swing recorded before 1950. Dorsey, Miller, Armstrong and all the greats have brass sounds that are so smooth. Sinatra had many 50s hits and the brass became shrill and bigger. For me it takes away from the beauty of the music. That Uptown Funk has that 50s brass sound.

In my top 10 all-time favorite recording. It's beyond beautiful, and it's shows why people loved young Sinatra. This song still gives me the chills.

It seems like I'm a snob. But, I give everything a chance. I can count a handful of times when I turned something off thinking it sucked, and then was forced to listen to it later for a longer amount of time and thought "wow, that is good."

What a person likes is singular to that individual. But, there's just something lacking this century and IMO it's originality and innovation. Believe me, I will be thrilled to be proven wrong. I want to go to my grave knowing I only scratched the surface of excellent music. (for me excellent music has heavy pop overtones. Nothing beats a catchy melody)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman999 View Post
    The best part of all the videos was your keyboard playing on the garage version. You looked like you were having a ball.
    Glad you could see / feel that, I am at one with the universe when I am immersed in the moment playing n singing.

Vulfpeck started out good, and they sound like great players. I can understand why you'd like them. But, they have a little to much Prog for me. It's the one form of music, that if I didn't like the record when it was released, I can't get into now. My concert double (though he's been to thousands more shows than I have), works with Nektar, it's one of his favorite bands. He gave me seats to one of their shows a few years back, and I left halfway through.
    Yeah I like me some good prog rock but I get it...being a keyboard player watching Wakeman and Emerson was always inspiring.. I went to see Carl Palmer do his thing a year or so ago and sadly the sound was so bad we had to leave mid concert..not something I normally do.. I like a ton of other music too. I've met Wakeman and Billy Preston and shook both their hands (and instantly gaining all the magic within their musical souls by doing so) ...yeah a simple handshake and BAM I could play like a mo fo!

I don't know if it's the recording equipment or the sound just changed. If I was on deserted island with only one form of music it'd be big band/swing recorded before 1950. Dorsey, Miller, Armstrong and all the greats have brass sounds that are so smooth.
    In my top 10 all-time favorite recording. It's beyond beautiful, and it's shows why people loved young Sinatra. This song still gives me the chills.

That is a really cool tune....When I was young I heard symphonies and big band songs in my head often..I often thought I was born too late for my musical soul but I found my way into enjoying and writing rock music.

[/QUOTE]

My Mom's favorite Sinatra tune..

Nothing beats a catchy melody)
    That is the truth!

Thread Information