Absinthe - Who's tTried It - Is It a Muse - Will You Cut Off Your Ear

DM60

OK, read about this stuff years ago and found out it has been legal again in Euope since about 2002 and in US since 2006 or somewhere around there.

From what I have learned, this is the stuff that was the muse for the Impressionists, Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Alfred Sisley, Frédéric Bazille and Vincent van Gogh. It is referenced in many of their art works in some way or another.

Since I know this board isn't full of angles and I am sure many have tried all sorts of stuff. Have you tried Absinthe and what were/are reaction thoughts?

(Hey its a lock down, need to talk about something.)

Never tried it. My understanding is the Absinthe that is legal now is not the same stuff that was legal back in Hemingway's day. I believe back then, it had some kind of hallucinogen in it which is why it was an artistic inspiration to those guys. Not now.

I don't drink but my old boss / bud did on occasion..I worked for a Quartz factory in Czech Republic and in Czech they do like to party hard ...on occasion :laughings: Before I was with the company in the early beginnings my bud had an "interesting" experience with Absinthe and the Czech herbal alcohol Becherovka both are really strong ....woke up in his hotel room in his underwear, no memory of what happened after dinner and pants and wallet gone :eek: Try splaining that one to the wife...YIKES!

It's not much different from any other spirits. Doesn't taste very good :yawn: It's said to contain Thujone, but in trace amounts.

I askd a Finnish friend if he had ever tried it, here was his response.

He was just being Finnish funny, but I thought video was pretty funny.

Back