Where Can I Play In CT?

jalbert

Anybody here live in Connecticut? I'm trying to find someplace to play(an open mic type of deal). I live in the Northwest corner of the state and the only place I know of is in Black Rock(The Acoustic Cafe) which is a hell of a drive. I may go down there next Tuesday anyway just to check it out.
There's a few places around here but they aren't too cool. I don't mind playing for an older crowd along with older musicians but it would be nice to find a place that had some people my age(23) as well. I was in Manhattan last week and it ruined me. I may have to move there just to play some music. But that's not going to happen any time soon so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't mean to laugh out loud, but a couple weeks ago, around 50 of us lived in Conn. for a week-end or so. :D :D :D :D

Try pm'ing FMmahoganyrush, who has done a lot gigging and stuff in the great state of Conn. I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

And of course, if nothing pans out, there's always next Aug. :D :D

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=112039

Yeah, I thought about going to the Jamfest but unfortuanately improvisation isn't my strong suit(actually, I simply can't do it) so "jamming" is pretty much out for me.
VTgreen81, thanks for that calendar. That thing shows a bunch of places I didn't know about.

that's what we try SO hard to tell folks here. jamfest is NOT all about the music. It's the fellowship, the friendship, that we care so much about. Come and make some new friends. "jamming" is only a result of this. Put it on the calendar for next year since you're already so close to the location. :D

It is a long drive, but I highly recommend The Box Car. It is right off a highway ramp near Fairfield and has the best open mic action I have seen. They get the house band going around 8PM and by 9:30, open mic begins.

The Box Car

dtb said:
Try pm'ing FMmahoganyrush, who has done a lot gigging and stuff in the great state of Conn. I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

sorry jalbert... I've been sorta MIA as of late (including, but not limited to formatting my C Drive) so I haven't been able to give you a shout back. I'm not too familiar with open mic gigs in your neck of the woods, but I know they're around. Try checking out the Hartford Advocate for some listings too, and let us know how you make out!

Back