Want to run sound/record 12 hr festival?

invisiblenemies

My friends at the local bar are organizing New Moon Fest - a hurricane relief benefit show here in Shepherdstown, WV (a mere hr from dc) on Nov 5. I've been appointed stage manager for the show & am knee deep in stress right now. I have some guys from the Columbia, MD and Baltimore area coming down to play a set & help run sound for a few hours. Problem is this festival is running from noon to midnight & they probably won't want to stick around the whole time.

Anyone interested in lending a hand? I need someone that knows what they're doing to run sound for a few hours. If anyone wants to record the acts, feel free. Any type of volunteers will be accepted. I'll even let you crash at my house. And, oh yeah, free beer.

I think it's a pretty noble cause & I'm actually surprised I'm behind such a thing since I'm such a slacker.

Questions? Comments? Want me to shut up?

Let me know...

PM sent.

I have a line up set of mostly rock - w/ a lot of acoustic guitars. I'm trying to get some support from the community so I didn't want to have a lot of really loud stuff...as much as I would love to.

Can you get sponsorship from a local music store by way of a decent rental PA in exchange for some prominent ad space? Banner in back of the stage or something? It's a whole different thing if someone locally can supply gear. Sometimes you can get a lot of help in exchange for shameless commercial exposure.

Treeline said:
Can you get sponsorship from a local music store by way of a decent rental PA in exchange for some prominent ad space? Banner in back of the stage or something? It's a whole different thing if someone locally can supply gear. Sometimes you can get a lot of help in exchange for shameless commercial exposure.

I already have the equipment. Just thought somebody might be down to hang out a bit & lend a hand.

Thanks for the input though.

Things went off quite well actually. We raised a few thousand dollars for an adopted family in Louisiana - not bad for this little town. No major issues except for some schedule juggling in the mid afternoon thanks to the sound guy taking forever to do initial checks which made me run an hour late.

Thanks for asking.

Back