St Paddy's Day (not to mention QQ's birthday) in Vernon, CT

Fmmahoganyrush

Pleads the 5th...
That's right... so if you're in the area, why not spend St Patrick's Day the way it was intended...

Listening to live music and getting slammed in an authentic Mexican restaurant! :eek: Pancho Loco on Route 83 Vernon, CT to be exact. Sure, I'll probably end up playing Danny Boy, The Black Velvet Band, and The Unicorn Song (that's probably the most well known Irish song that was written by a jewish guy from Chicago :confused: ) about 156 times each, but I'll be mixing it up with that traditional Irish Calypso music we all know and love. I know it's a cruise for probably everyone here except me, but if for some reason you have the misfortune to find yourselves reckless abandon in the area of Vernon CT on St Paddy's day, stop on in :rolleyes:

Well, I made it through. Kind of a stiff crowd. I mean, I knew most of the people there, but at this place, the regulars usually get things rolling for me and they were conspicuously absent (Probably because it's a Thursday night). Different staffing too. They seemed new, and the old staff, who are probably on the weekend nights are pretty cool, and have some great peeps hanging around as well and get into the forced audience participation I shove down their throats. Tonight, they got into it a little, sure, I got a few gals to lift their shirts for beads, and because we couldn't do a wet t-shirt contest, I wet down the t-shirts I gave away with the condition that they had to immediately put on over skin (and to my surprise, they went for it). Of course, all this took place promptly after the wife, parents and in-laws took off.;) Still, there's a point where you feel you have the crowd eating out of your hand, and I didn't make it there tonight. The bar owner was happy with the tally at the end of the night, and said that the crowd had a good time and didn't hear anything but good things about this drunk on stage :p ....and I guess that's the important thing... ...and I did have fun too, so I guess, although I was hoping for something more personally satisfying, it was a sucess, and they ate the tab :D

Back