Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Member Concert

Thanks

New Member Concert

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi
    I hope it's not inappropriate to post this here - I'm very new, and absolutely love this forum..

Anyway - For those of you who live in or near Los Angeles, I used to play with Bill Ward (Sabbath) Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush (I did one album with Frank as a close freind - not becauseI was in the band) and The RH Factor. The later band had a moderate radio hit called "Life's A Bitch" which stil gets played now & then (it taught me the importance of keeping your publishing :-)

I have a new band called "Peace Machine", and we'll be playing Saturday, Feb. 14th at Sacred Grounds in San Pedro at around 8:00 PM.

So if you dig very heavy Hendrix-ish, Trower-ish, Mahogany Rush-ish mostly instrumental guitar crazy music - come down! I'd love to meet you! We're also recording the show (as we always do) on a Yamaha AW2816 - believe it or not, it sounds amazing - it's a great little box.

I hope if you are close you try to make it down!

Thanks

Cool

It's been a few years since I've done a drive-by in this hood, but I used to live very close to this venue and remember quite distinctly that the neighborhood in question wasn't the best place to be at night without a machine gun.

What's it like these days?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails salty_coffee_house-jpg  

Thanks
    You know, I have no idea; I don't even know where it is! I do remember playing at a place called "Dancing Waters" in San Pedro when I was playing with Bill Ward, and Ozzy was with us that night, and when he came onstage he pee'd in that waterfall behind the stage - I almost pee'd myself from laughing so hard - non of us could play for a few seconds - it was really funny - but anyway, I remember THAT neighborhood being pretty rowdy. I remember playing a club called "Harpos" in Detriot once that was like that too -it was so bad that the pizza place across the street gave you your pizza under a steel cage, then you'd bolt back across the street to the backstage door!

Oh, this rock n roll business!

But cruise anyway man! It will be a killer gig (no pun intended :-)

Where I live? C'mon, everyone knows that by now
    Thanks

Re: New Member Concert

Originally posted by GoMano
    I used to play with ......Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush (I did one album with Frank as a close freind - not because I was in the band)...

That guy sux

lol... If I was on the other coast I'd be there in a flash, brother!

Thanks
    Cool user name :-)

If you have an album called "From The Hip" - I'm playing on that album.

Thanks
    BTW FMMR dude -

There exists a really great FMMR Webpage - the guy is a FMMR fan and has a great site. He and I haven't seen eye to eye always , but I can't deny he has created a wonderful place for fans to get their fill, and he's a very funny comic / producer to boot. - He funded a tribute album of sorts -Frank told me that it was done, but I don't know what it's actual status is...I know for sure Ronnie Montrose is on it because he got some lyrics from me, and I heard there are all kinds of major players like Steve Vai on it.

Anyway - thought you might like the site if you haven't seen it already.
    Last edited by GoMano; 02-07-2004 at 18:32.

Thanks

Talking

So? Where is the link?

I have a feeling you and FM, our resident Super Duper Jamfest Host have a lot in common!

Oh- BTW- are you Rob H. that sat in on a track on "From the Hip"?

Thanks
    Originally posted by drstawl
    So? Where is the link?

I have a feeling you and FM, our resident Super Duper Jamfest Host have a lot in common!

Oh- BTW- are you Rob H. that sat in on a track on "From the Hip"?
    That's me - but I swear to god dude - I solo'd on that tune "Ride My Own Wave" -someone put that I played rhythm guitar in the mid-section, when in fact that's totally inaccurate. There are two "From The Hip" covers, and one has the corrected liner notes - but it's hard to find I've heard. Anyway- Frank & I passed the guitar back & forth during that middle solo (when we weren't cracking up - it was a very hilarious couple of nights during that session) , and he (amazingly) editied our solo's together. If you listen carefully, where it gets very legato - that's me. Frank is absolutely a genius when it comes to editing - in fact, he created from scratch using soundchecks and other sounds on his HD, an ending to a song on this new live album about to come out, and did like 2,000 edits, and you can't tell either. Positively insane.
    But like I said - I only played as friend - I was never in that band (my drummer of 15 years was though :-). Frank pretty much influenced and taught me how to play guitar, and we've been very good friends for around 25 years...he's a monster player - he still blows my mind.

Thanks

Thumbs up

This looks like an event I can't miss! Only an hour away with a significant risk of losing my life/truck/wallet/anal virginity.

See ya there!

BTW: Kick down with the fan-based FM MR link!

Thanks
    I think this is it:

www.mahoganyrush.com

Did that work? I'm a total computer idiot - but I think I did it right.

The site is great - I invited the guy who created it to the show; we'll see though -lets just say I'm not on his top-10 fav list, but has never met me and doesn't know me at all; Frank had told me about him a long time ago and what kind of demeanor he had - and the guy had said some things, but so did I - it's one of those sorta deals - but it's water under the bridge and hopefully he'll come. He's a really funny, prolific comic too, as well as being the world's #1 FMMR fan. If it weren't for him, Frank would be retired - thsi dude single handedly resurrected FMMR and now it has a relative new life.

I live an hour away too (I live in Oraneg County) if you are in O.C. yourself I'd be glad to take you if I can - wouldn't want you to risk your truck over an hour of serious blasting :-)

Later

Thread Information