NC People

There are a few members in the NC. Whereabouts are you and what type of stuff do you play?

NC *is* a whole state, vestast. 3 to 5 hours from anywhere you wanna be, a nice place to live, and a thriving source for Jeff Foxworthy's material. :D

I live in Winston-Salem (very close to where I-40 and NC Hwy 52 intersect), and I play guitar for all kinds of stuff. I spent the past 5 years on the local dance hall/club circuit playing rock, southern rock, blues, and the occasional dance/R&B tune. Currently I'm in an R&B/soul/dance band that does corporate events and wedding receptions. I do sit in with my boss and some co-workers sometimes at a local bluegrass jam, or join another friend at a Wednesday night jam at a local jazz club. I've even been known to play some heavier stuff, but it's not one of my stronger points.

Where are you at, Scrubs?

lovegoodsoul73 said:
NC *is* a whole state, vestast. 3 to 5 hours from anywhere you wanna be, a nice place to live, and a thriving source for Jeff Foxworthy's material. :D

I live in Winston-Salem (very close to where I-40 and NC Hwy 52 intersect), and I play guitar for all kinds of stuff. I spent the past 5 years on the local dance hall/club circuit playing rock, southern rock, blues, and the occasional dance/R&B tune. Currently I'm in an R&B/soul/dance band that does corporate events and wedding receptions. I do sit in with my boss and some co-workers sometimes at a local bluegrass jam, or join another friend at a Wednesday night jam at a local jazz club. I've even been known to play some heavier stuff, but it's not one of my stronger points.

Where are you at, Scrubs?

Cool, I'm also in Winston. Where do you play? Perhaps I'll come out to one of your shows.

Actually, we're doing the last "Alive After Five" for this season down at Triad Park on Thursday Sep 29th. We're also performing at the Dixie Classic Fair on Friday Sep 30th and Sunday Oct 2nd.

If you make it out, come see me between sets. If not, then private message me and get the number. We'll get up sometime.

-jimbo

lovegoodsoul73 said:
Actually, we're doing the last "Alive After Five" for this season down at Triad Park on Thursday Sep 29th. We're also performing at the Dixie Classic Fair on Friday Sep 30th and Sunday Oct 2nd.

If you make it out, come see me between sets. If not, then private message me and get the number. We'll get up sometime.

-jimbo

Cool, man. I'll try to make it to one of those shows.

well now........you two are getting mighty cozy. :D :D :D :D :D :D

" I do sit in with my boss and some co-workers sometimes at a local bluegrass jam, or join another friend at a Wednesday night jam"

oh...........this sounds so familar. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hey fellow........I'm down the road a couple hours, and we do WNJ every Wed. night. Small world. I'm a bluegrass whore.

dtb said:
hey fellow........I'm down the road a couple hours, and we do WNJ every Wed. night. Small world. I'm a bluegrass whore.

but your location says "andover, ct." i guess it's where you are in your mind that counts, eh? :D

Another NC dude here (Durham). Distortedrumble, I am about a month away from finishing my band's album, and we plan on making the rounds in Greensboro after that.

This is so cool! Who woulda thunk there'd be people all around here?

mshilarious...Be careful out there, man. Even a Cat1 can make your day rough if you're not careful.

dtb...I'm probably nowhere near you on the bluegrass stuff. I like a lot of what I hear, especially the harmonies and awesome guitar and dobro work. I could stand to invest more time in it, but the move and my job obligations seem to have me locked down.

scrubs...Catch me downtown on the 29th if you get a chance. Maybe we could get up and record some soon. Who knows?

distortedrumble...Who are you with? I do look at the Relish and whatever rag replaced ESP when I can. I occasionally even go check out local groups.

pdadda...Congrats on the recording. I barely manage to finish writing, much less recording. hope that pans out for ya.

well.......I'm in Virginia, in South Boston, which is like 15 miles from NC, and about 1.5 hours from Durham. And about 2 hours from the Greensboro, Winston area.

We'll have to catch up sometime, dtb. Might be a month or so til I'm free, though. Both jobs have me covered up right now, at least til end of October.

Gotta pay dem bills, right?

Back