My Turn

Wish I was playing the steel. That's a friend of mine. Another on the Keys. We are all in the back woods. But with the ability to access good equipment we can get some good sounds.
I am mainly getting into writing now a days. I'd like to get some of my stuff into the big boys hands some how.
The story song I wrote in 5 minutes. I like to put my self in some one elses shoes when I write.

I have some written "jim Stafford "Style, " Travis Tritt", "Alan Jackson", "James Taylor" , "Huey Lewis", and seceral other styles.
Neither songs are mastered, and the "In This Room All Alone" is
just a quick mix.

Your stuff sounds good too. I can listen to a lot of different styles. I really liked Herb Albert and the T Brass. Use to listen to it in my dads Mercury Montery on the 8 track car stero for hours.

D

hehehe cool tht you metioned it. I have a fairly extensive albun collection with Herb and the Tijuana Brass in there somewhere

I didn't realize I uploaded the vocal version of "Tollie's Song".

That's my (ugh) voc's. 30 years ago I could do a lot better. David Gates style. Exact Duplicate!!! Those days are gone.

On the other song I do Back Ups.

Now I remember why I did the vocal thing on T's song.

I don't mind downloads but the instrumental version would easier for some one to make up their lyrics to and try to file a copyright on.
Guess with todays equipment they could anyway.

D

I mostly just do music beds when i`m recording here at home. I do quite a bit of varied other stuff when I`m doing sessions for other folks though. At nowhere radio, when a tune posted it kinda serves as a copywrite. The original date of the file carries precedence over anything anybody might release later in case its stolen I think.

I'll put some more stuff on in a few days. I wrote 1 called "together we can stand" that is from the late 50's early 60's style rock. i was after the Roy Orbison/Buddy Holly era music and it came out killer. just have a few more back up vocals to go on yet.
The guy playing bass lives in Nashville. I don't play Bass that well.

D

if you ever need some bass or some keys send me private message. I enjoy collaborating and playing on other folks stuff. I recently did some jazz/blues stuff over at another site for a couple of people.

Toki987 said:
hey that pretty good tunage my friend. I guess your doing the steel? the 2nd song has a nice flow to it and a good story. Are you playing everything?

Boo G Keys
Gerry B Steel
Link Bass
Carey Harp/6 string
Me 12 string/drums in T's song

Buster drums in the other song.

Toki987 said:
if you ever need some bass or some keys send me private message. I enjoy collaborating and playing on other folks stuff. I recently did some jazz/blues stuff over at another site for a couple of people.

I'm gonna hold you to that. I do need some. Do you have any ADAT's?

D

no, I use Sonar here at home on my DAW. I usually do the snail mail thing with the wav files on cd, then I put a wave of the bass track on one and send it back. It`s cheap and accurate. Costs about $1.80 to mail a cd and about 3 days. I have access to some Mackies if I need them though.

OK. My problem is I am in the analog world. I have 4 adat's, DA 30 DAT deck, and various other equipment. But If I put it on CD, and it comes back that way I can't track it seperately for the mix.

I do have a Phillips 788 CD recorder though that turns out a good burn

It might work. i got a buddy that works his video stuff on a heavy duty computer. He has 1 terra bit of info on his rig and has 4 extrenal hard drives.
D

Dyson Steel said:
OK. My problem is I am in the analog world. I have 4 adat's, DA 30 DAT deck, and various other equipment. But If I put it on CD, and it comes back that way I can't track it seperately for the mix.

I do have a Phillips 788 CD recorder though that turns out a good burn

D

if I recieve a 2 track stereo wav file or mp3 on cd, I could put a bass track or whatever on a new cd as a standalone track and you could move it thru the 788 to the adat as a separate track and line it up with the originals I believe.

Back