mixers mains monitors

steelpetals

I posted this in one other section hoping for some advice if you wouldn't mind.
hey folks. i'm looking to start playing some small clubs in the next few months and was wondering what is a reasonable mixer and mains to buy. I'm so used to recording that when it comes to live sound, i'm a bit at a loss. my budget is about $1000 and one of the guys in the band has an amp that should be sufficient. given my recording background, I have a fair number of pro quality mics (dynamic) and so I have this covered as well. I am in need of a mixer, mains and monitors and I have no clue what I can purchase (used) for $1000-$1500. I'd like something of reasonable good quality that will last for the time being. I've heard soundcraft spirit series is reasonable as is the mackie onyx series. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. Any suggestions? The band is a blues rock original outfit with 5 members, two of which are vocalists as well. small venues only at this point
Thanks

16 channels I'm thinking. I need a couple of monitors, a couple of mains and a mixer, although I've heard some say that powered mixers are not the way to go. I have all the mics and stands I could ever want. I'm looking to play small clubs. we won't be micing anything on the drums aside from the kick to give some thump. the drummer hits fairly hard. the yamaha sounds appealing. What about specific monitiors and mains?

Back