Livestreaming on YouTube with PreSonus?

lionheart4x

Hello everyone! I need some advice because I know nothing about this subject. I already make some music by myself using the PreSonus Studio 24c audio interface and Studio One Artist as DAW. Now, I'm thinking about doing some online concerts with YouTube livestream. I have no idea how to connect my DAW or audio interface with YouTube, if I can, to have a somewhat nice sound. Also, I'd use my computer's webcam as camera. If you have any idea how to get started, that would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I would start by telling us what operating system you're using.

You might be able to use Jack to connect the output of your DAW to your streaming service. Home | JACK Audio Connection Kit

I mix with hardware and feed that to a capture device that has HDMI and analog audio inputs. Mixing with software seems a bit inconvenient, and I'd rather not put the processing load on the computer while it's also responsible for the streaming.

But two channels of input to a stereo output might not be so bad.

I would start by telling us what operating system you're using.

You might be able to use Jack to connect the output of your DAW to your streaming service.

I mix with hardware and feed that to a capture device that has HDMI and analog audio inputs. Mixing with software seems a bit inconvenient, and I'd rather not put the processing load on the computer while it's also responsible for the streaming.

But two channels of input to a stereo output might not be so bad.

Also, you might look into OBS.

Yes thanks! I'm using Windows 10 (64bit I think). If I can make the audio input go in OBS, that should be a starting point. I will take a look at that.

Alright, I installed and gave a look at OBS. It seems to work with my webcam and computer microphone, but I connect my microphones for vocals and my instruments to my audio interface. The problem I have is that I would like to use Studio One for adding effects, and I can't figure out how to connect Studio One with OBS. If I have to use Jack, I don't get how that would work.

Jack is software that routes audio from one program to another. It appears to the other software (OBS, Studio One) as a hardware device. I've only dabbled in it and I found it a bit difficult to use, probably because I didn't have a compelling need.

The tough thing about routing audio from your DAW to something like OBS is that you're stuck using Windows WDM, which has pretty massive latency. You can try putting Voxengo recorder on your master bus like so: How to stream DAW audio with an audio interface | OBS Forums

But that runs into the same problem. if latency will affect what you're doing, then it's a no-go.

The only answer to this that I've found is to use an audio interface that has loopback capability. Use the loopback to send a couple of outputs to a couple of inputs, then select those inputs in OBS as sound sources and you can have nice low-latency livestream capability. This would be for things like playing virtual instruments or playing guitar through an amp sim plugin, where you need low-latency monitoring.

I wouldn't monitor the output of the DAW while performing. OBS has delays available to line up multiple video and audio sources. I might record a test broadcast and measure the offset, then apply delays where appropriate.

You can choose JACK as an output in Studio One and choose JACK as an input in OBS or YouTube stream?
Thank you!

Back