Jamfest Equipment List

jgourd said:
I do not know where the anomosity comes from Jerry. I have nothing but respect for you.
Orginally posted by dragonworks
I didn't know it was for JGourd, nevermind, I don't have no stinkiin AC unit ;)

You got to look for the wink jgourd, and I am not gay
;)
How often have I posted the Jamfest has been Canceled?:)
You know I luv ya man. I just get testy with original material I have no control over, thats all.

Jonathon,..how hard is it to bring your smoker,.. is it something huge,.. or don't you have the room,.... or..??

I would LOVE to finish my ribs in a smoker instead of a grill,..... Cider soaked Mesquite chips,.... YEAH BABY now Thats whut I'm talkin bout.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Steve

Just curious

'cause you don't want what I've been using.

What are we using for drum mics? I'm sure Jonathan has a plan.

Also curious as to what style you'd prefer I tune for. Tappy/Snappy for Jazz? Thunder down Under for the Rockers? Somewhere in between for the syncopated Funk Meisters? Or I can crank down the resonant heads to get that 80's Dooooooooooomm sound. Minor adjustments on the fly are cool, but I'd rather not retune the whole kit for each Jam.

For the drums, matched stereo pair Octava MC013s for overhads. 2 AKG C-1000s in hyper cardiod mode for hit hat and snare. 4 AT Pro35x clip on condensors for the toms. What goes in the kick is up for grabs..

Steve, I'd never get the smell out of the truck if I brought the smoker :D

I'll be bringing a pair of 603s, a pair of SP B1s, a C3, an SM57, and four assorted other dynamics. Up for grabs. Six booms, two stands and a tube blender. A DMP3 preamp. Headphones, a stage snake, a balanced snake, and an unbalanced snake (I'm a snakey kind of guy). I have a small powered monitor and about three miles of extension cords, as well as the PA.

I'm leaving the DPS 16 at home; things will be complicated enough without it and I need the disk space to track a chamber music performance on the 20th. That'll be my first foray into 24/48; gotta start clearing out the disk to make room for some big files.

The 603s and one of the B1s would be great on acoustic instruments. We can experiment with a Grand Old Opry style recording / live sound using a single SP C3 with clustered voices and instruments. We can pick a bluegrass or gospel standard or maybe one of Larry's tunes and have some fun with it. It's a bit quieter live, but does a nice job of tracking the instrument's true sound. Is anyone bringing a dobro? The C3 will really nail a dobro.

I'll also experiment a little with a small powered subwoofer just to see what happens.

Thanks Jonathan

jgourd said:
Steve, I'd never get the smell out of the truck if I brought the smoker :D
Steve, if you can get your hands on a deep hotel pan or the water pan from a chafer....an OLD one........and a 2" perf pan with a cover this will make a serviceable smoker. Hot smoke only and small batches. But it works in a pinch. put it on a fire with a layer of hickory chips in the bottom. Also perfect for herbal smoking (and that's not what the potheads think it is). If there's room (doubtful) I'll bring a chafer, but it's still shiney new and suitable for buffet work so I'd rather not turn it into a smoker yet.

Tree, I will be bringing my resonator again,... the lil Regal,.. It isn't very loud, but does have 'that' sound...

and I will look for an alternative smoker when I go up to get the rest of the cooking stuff,.....

I don't have enough room for the one he has,... its pretty big,... I would need a trailer.....

which, if this thing gets any bigger, I might need anyway,....

I have been investigating a step van,... an older Grummen body Chevy truck ......

Might just need it for next years event....

Steve

Tree, I have two SP C3s that I chose not to bring this year. In fact I am leaving all my large condensors (5) at home. I have 19 other mics that I am bringing including a wireless vocal mic. 100' 20 channel snake and 6 25' 8 channel snakes. 14 mic stands.

To record the deep woods acoustic sets I have a little battery powered hard disc recorder and a stereo mic.

If anyone has any powered studio monitors that they are willing to bring that would be way cool for the little house. Right now I plan to mix the broadcast feed on my Eytomitc headphones.

Is DW going to get there on Thursday? It would be nice to have an AC unit installed while I hook everything up.

Tom: I know you have the space where your keyboard lives for my console, I also need space for my two mobile racks.

Maybe my little Events - I'll see how things work with packing. They're in the "handle with care" category...

Treeline said:
Maybe my little Events - I'll see how things work with packing. They're in the "handle with care" category...
Yeah, my Events are not powered and I have the huge event subwoofer. I am not going to bring them. I do have replacement woofers for the events. Perhaps I should bring them in case we kill yours :D

I have the TR5s, so they are powered; about a hundred watts each, I think. You could also hook up my powered subwoofer and get some low end, but I want to play around with it a little first with live sound. It's a small unit; Yamaha, about 160 watts or so. I had been running the numbers (blechh) for a pair of 500 watt stage subwoofers and it just occurred to me that with acoustic gigs, this little sucker could end up being just right. You don't need a ton of gain with an acoustic gig and I hardly ever turn the thing on.

Since the broadcast will be heaqrd primarily on computer speakers I am not too worried about having subs on the monitors.

Just went up and got the Griddle,.. and big 'jet'burner with the big pot for the corn, or potatos,.... or whatever,.... griddle is the smaller of the two Ed has,... the 2'X3' was just too big,.... and heavy all cast iron,.. so I opted for the smaller one ...only 2'X2',... better,.. but still heavy, also cast iron,.....

the 4 burner thingy for underneith needs a fitting to hook it to the regulator, so will have to hit the hardware store before leaving,.... and still need to buy more food,... got 1 case of cider,... thatl have to do,... too expensive for any more,..... and am gonna need some fresh vegis for the Quesadillas when I get there,....

Other than that,... got about 1/2 gallon of the bone suckin sauce for the ribs,.... and gotta stop for ice before leaving,...... so,... lemme see,.... 1 more tank of propane and I'll be set there,.... so we will have two grills,... correct...???

we need two,..... with the griddle, it is not quite as critical, but would be nice,... plus there is still my little warmer grill I left there last year,.... so we should be good there,..... think thats it for now,....

Have a 20X30 tarp, and a 12X20, depending on the 'stage area, as to which and where we set them up,... might need some line,.. but thats why I am arriving Thursday,..... so things can be worked out,....

Steve...

Line Conditioner

Cool!

Jon, do you know anything about Best Power Ferrups UPS systems? The parent company was General Signal and is now known as Powerware. I don't know if it was a name change or buyout.

I just picked up a 4.5 KVA unit rated at 1 kW. It weighs about a hundred pounds. There's no battery, but the charger specs are nominal 12VDC and charges at 2 - 8 amperes at 13.7 VDC. I'm told a wheelchair battery fits and is appropriate for this.

The unit is a line conditioner producing stable, true sine wave power with a +/- 3% load voltage regulation. Apparently it will function well as a line conditioner with or without the battery, as it does not depend on the battery for that function, only to provide 15 - 30 minutes of backup UPS power.

Anyway, I'm bringing the beast down so we can poke at it. Ever hear of one of these?

Ferrups_lg.jpg

Heard of them, haven't played with one though.

BTW the truck is all packed up and ready to take off in the morning.

The outdoor shower is up and running. dtb took the honors of the first shower, and it worked like a charm. One request though, and I'll be repeating this to folks as they show up:

The outdoor shower faces the main house. It does have a curtain enclosure, however, I would like to make a formal request that those of you who utilize this shower, please use it in something other than your birthday suit (like a pair of swim trunks or something) as it does face the maon house and We share it with the In-Laws. Nakedness, of course, will still be permitted on the hot tub side of the little house. Thanx!

Back