Jamfest Equipment List

gear, shmear

I will attempt to bring contentment, peace and enlightenment...

....my new beard

....and may bring 13-year-old Slim Jr., who, I am both proud and ashamed to admit, is a......

DRUMMER!!!

Treeline said:
... I'm a little chagrined that I didn't pitch in more with it before and am willing to work live sound this time as much as is needed...

Treeline... although it might not have been noticed (although I can't see how it couldn't have been), you got me through Friday Morning and the electrical disaster (which ended up being a problem at the pole, rather than with my stuff anyway). There's an award for you here somewhere if I could only remember where I put it!

...oh yeah, UpState... um... don't bother to pack your air compressor, food warmer, and skillet... I, uh, still have 'em here:(

:)

Left ear is non-functional, ongoing vertigo. Loud noises are painful. I'm seeing an internist, a neurologist, a neurosurgeon, an audiologist, and an ENT guy (who doubles as a plastic surgeon - first meeting, he checked my ear, then said, "you know, we could fix that crooked nose for you..." :rolleyes: ).

I've had this for about 5 1/2 weeks now. Out of work for 4. So we'll see - I'd really like to go to jamfest, but I can imagine the pain if I don't get better.

Daf

jgourd said:
Do we have a confirmed drumset for the fest?

Where I go my drums go too, and I plan on goin'.

Pearl (circa 1976)
22" bass
12", 13", 16", toms
14"x5.5" chrome snare
14"x6" maple snare
Vintage Zildjian Cymbals
Tama Iron Cobra
Chimes, cowbells, woodblocks, etc.

(How many confirmed drummers do we have?)

Chafer and hotel pan with something good for the vegetarians.

Last edited:
We have a confirmed drumset, it would appear...

This thing is shaping up to be bigger than last year... Let's hear from the Chi-Michi-Bob contingent!

You feeling better, Daf? I wanna see you there, even if we have to duct tape up yer ears...

Calling Flat-9!!

And who's in on the plan to go get Dragon? Lessee... we got two lawyers, a craz-zeee banker and a bounty hunter... that's a start...:cool:

Re: We have a confirmed drumset, it would appear...

Treeline said:
And who's in on the plan to go get Dragon? Lessee... we got two lawyers, a craz-zeee banker and a bounty hunter... that's a start...:cool:

Hell yeah... load the caddy and point it west, I'm up for it... ...it doesn't hurt that I just got done watching DiNiro in Midnight Run:D

If we can use the 24 track Tascam mixer I just got I will bring it, just let me know, 24 lowzs or hizs in, 24 out. If not needed, I will just be bringing the guild D17M, Gibson ES335 and the super reverb. I will also bring the Alesis QS8 if DafDuc wants to midi them up together, if he doesn't, then she stays home.

There is no need for the Tascam Studio mixer unless you want to have a seperate mixer for the house and the feed. With the circular stage concept, the needs for a house mix sort of goes away in favor of really good monitors.

jgourd said:
There is no need for the Tascam Studio mixer unless you want to have a seperate mixer for the house and the feed. With the circular stage concept, the needs for a house mix sort of goes away in favor of really good monitors.

Sounds good to me, now if Daf will only tell me to leave the QS8 home.

Not really interested in midi-ing them together, but it might be nice to have a second big board there - either for two stack stuff, or so me and Ralphie can play at the same time. Your call.

Health still no better. I'll post back when I have a better handle on what's going on - probably a few weeks though. :(

Daf

Daf, I hope all is well, and you conquer the affliction and we all see you at the fest,.....

I really don't know what else to say my man, except I hope you feel better, and Know we are all pullin for you.....

Steve

Back