I need some advice about stage monitors

Rimshot

Okay, I feel stupid for asking this because I've been around a long time and I should know this and I don't.
I play about 2 or 3 gigs a week with my band (I play music for belly dancers). I have a good set-up with a Yamaha MG16FX board and a 1300 watt Crown amp and a pair of Acoustic Audio speaker cabs wuth 15" woofers and titanium cones (great sound). I have large Corwin Vega speaker cab that I use as a stage monitor but I only have the two main outs in the back of my amp, so I rig up the monitor through the earphone out and it's weak. I know I'm doing something stupid. What do I need and what should I do to get power to the stage monitor?
I already know that I'm being stupid here, so I don't need to hear that again, what I need is some help making this work. It's probably a simple solution, but nobody around me knows.

You need another power amp. I'm surprised you got anything at all coming off the headphone jack.

peace.

You need another power amp. I'm surprised you got anything at all coming off the headphone jack.

peace.
Yeah I forgot to mention that I am running it through a small Ibenez head into the monitor cab.
mixit, that's a good idea, but placement in the mix is SO critical to what we do that running two speakers on mono will give me some big conflicts.
I guess the answer is to get another bigger amp. Thanks

Another power amp is in order, but it needn't be that big. I would think that if you are running just one or two monitor mixes, you could do fine with 100 to 200 watts per channel- maybe 400 max.

Back