Hosting my first open mikes in April

mjbphotos

Club has some decent PA speakers (but they don't want me using their board), so I'll just bring my mixer and cables.
It's ona Wednesday nights which the bartender tells me are usually completely dead. Got 2 try-outs to see if it makes them enough money (or at least break-even) to continue.
Dracut, MA club: BACK To THE BOATHOUSE

I'll be mass-advertising, posting online, as the first date (4-9) gets closer, of course. Wish me luck!

Reactions: JCH
Hey Mike!
I just might be able to come down and give you a tech. Hand.
I'll PM you my cell # ... Give me a call.
The night looks open for me just gotta be in Boston the next day.

Good luck, and get ready to hear a lot of suck!

Hopefully not TOO much! Although I'll be advertising it, I'm not grabbing contact info of every person I see at other open mics. You should be glad you didn't hear what I heard last night. :facepalm: Guy with a purple Ibanez electric and slide and a Vox Microcube (plugged into the PA) who couldn't play any tune. Then joined by an old guy who couldn't tune his Strat. Painful!
I'm telling people 'no amps' at this OM - trying to keep it acoustic only.

Am going.
Not to play but for support.

Maybe if I purchase everyone a round of ale the powers to be will call it a win-win :drunk::drunk:

I kind of miss seeing suck at open mics. :( The open mics in Nashville tend to be inundated with a kind of competent banality. Very rarely is anyone terrible, but it's not much more common to see anything really amazing either.

I kind of miss seeing suck at open mics. :( The open mics in Nashville tend to be inundated with a kind of competent banality. Very rarely is anyone terrible, but it's not much more common to see anything really amazing either.

That's where the song writers come into play.

Come on up to New England, I'll point you in the right (wrong) direction!

Yess!! I need to get back in the habit of finding open mics whenever I travel. That was always fun.

I should do that too. It's easier to play crap tunes for a group of no-ones than for someone I'll see the next day. :)

Good luck with your open mic, Mike. (sound check, sound check.. test 1,2,1,2 :laughings: I kill myself sometimes)

Is this thing on?
Are you going to call it "Mike's Mics"?

"Mike's Open Mike" :thumbs up: And Henry said he'll be there to help tweak the knobs first night (2 weeks from yesterday).

I should do that too. It's easier to play crap tunes for a group of no-ones than for someone I'll see the next day. :)

What's even better is showing up some place where it's real 'amateur hour' and blowing everyone away.

Back