Thread: Help with Otari MX 5050 8SD

Thanks

Help with Otari MX 5050 8SD

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello all,

I have recently aquired an Otari MX5050 8SD After connecting all the leads I discovered that the machine refuses to either record, FF or RW. As I understand it the unit has a main control board which I think could be where the problem is. Has anyone got one of these units that are scrapped but might just have a control board I could purchase from them

Cheers

Thanks
    Wrong forum. Try the Analog Only forum at the bottom of the main forum listings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg1958
    Hello all,

I have recently aquired an Otari MX5050 8SD After connecting all the leads I discovered that the machine refuses to either record, FF or RW. As I understand it the unit has a main control board which I think could be where the problem is. Has anyone got one of these units that are scrapped but might just have a control board I could purchase from them

Cheers
    Does it play? Are you sure you've got it threaded properly? I'm not familiar with that exact model, but the Otari's I've worked on had multiple boards for different things. So the problem could be on any of a few different boards. Best thing to do is either get a service manual and an oscillioscope, or take it an expert for service.
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

Thread Information