help...BOINGOMAN? or anyone...

Cuzme

All, or Boingoman,
Please excuse my ignorance.

I will be doing live sound for a beer festival on October 26th and 27th (www.brewtopiafest.com). However, I am primarily a performer, rather than live soundman, but I happen to own a decent PA system for our needs. On that note, if anyone wants to come to the festival and help with sound, I welcome you with open arms. I am not being paid except in beer...but there will be plenty of it. As a homebrewer and beer advocate, I am doing this in the interest of promoting craft beer... anyhow...

My problem lies in advancing the event with the venue. They need to know how much power I will need or be using, in addition to the approximate decibal level I will be at. Honestly, I don't have a clue on either front, and don't even know what measurement units they're looking for with regard to power (ohms? Watts? ...). Here's what I'm bringing:

1000 Watt Amplifier, with two 15" speakers
16 Channel Mackie Board
Acoustic 350 Watt bass amp with Ampeg 4x10" cab
Sunn 60 Watt bass amp (to be used for guitar)
Polytone 100 Watt guitar amp

I expect a couple keyboardists will show up but that's about all we'll be plugging in. How much power should I say that I intend to use, just to be safe? How many decibals is a safe number? We won't be going crazy because we don't want to blow out the brewers... Thanks! Much love,
Cuzme

If that's all the gear you're gonna use, then you'd probably be ok with a single 30amp circuit or a couple of 20's. I run that amount of stuff all the time on a single circuit.
But be aware, as soon as you add lights to the mix you're gonna need more because you'll start immediately throwing breakers.

BTW,
Thanks Lt. Bob! I requested a couple of 30's just to be safe since I'd like a second PA as a monitor system. Hopefully it all works out. Much love,
Cuzme

Back