Help!!!!!!!!!!!

LawMan5643

I need help with something that I'm trying to do, I have a Mackie 32 channel mixing console & what I'm trying to do is run a single line from the mixer into a 20 input patch bay & 8 lines from the patch bay into my Digi 002 & what I need to know is will this be possible? So basically I guess what I'm asking is can I run the line from the mixer into the top portion of the the patch bay & then connect the 8 lines from my 8 channel snake cords into the bottom of the patch bay & then the other 8 from there into my Digi 002? please feel free to email me directly at hpk049@ameritech.net or on Yahoo IM at Lawman5643, thanks guys for everything.

um, ok, what?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'm guessing it's something like this:
You want to take a single send out of your mixer (presumably the mix), and plug it into all 8 tracks of the Digi002?

If that's what you wan't to do, you won't be able to do this with your patchbay unless it has a built-in splitter.

Think of a patchbay as just a really, really short multicore- you can't plug one microphone into Ch1 on a snake and have it appear as channels 1-8 at the other end...

Anyway, can you answer a few questions please:
1) What type of mixer are we talking about? VLZ? Onyx?

2) the "one line" you talk about- do you mean a single mic/line cable, a single digital cable, or sending a number of individual channels?

3) What exactly are you trying to get out of your patchbay? Are you trying to get 1-in, 8-out? If so, what brand and model is your patchbay

4) What, exaclty, are you trying to do? Are you trying to record the same track 8 times? or are you trying to record each individual instrument on a different track?

The more info you give us, the more we can help.

Help

Ok, thanks for responding. I have the Mackie 32 channel VLZ mixing console & what I'm trying to do is run 2 lines out from the main output on the mixing console & from there into the 8 inputs on the Digi 002, I have a Furman 20 input patchbay but I know there has to be another piece of equipment out there that can do what I'm trying to accomplish. So basically what I'm looking to do is 2 in & 8 out.

Back