A first for me

RickW

Don't read this
This was different. I've played live for over 40 years and I'll continue until I can't anymore, but I had a gig on July 3rd that surprised me. It's probably happened to many of you (especially single performers) but this was unique. I gigged with a band I fill in with regularly and we were playing at this sort of snobby restaurant in Plymouth, MA (America's hometown??). Right after the first song, this guy starts throwing money at us onstage...20 dollar bills...and not even asking for specific songs! He just wanted to throw money! He did it throughout the whole set. We ended up with almost $300 above our pay because of that. We'll be playing there again next month...hope he's there!:)

This was different. I've played live for over 40 years and I'll continue until I can't anymore, but I had a gig on July 3rd that surprised me. It's probably happened to many of you (especially single performers) but this was unique. I gigged with a band I fill in with regularly and we were playing at this sort of snobby restaurant in Plymouth, MA (America's hometown??). Right after the first song, this guy starts throwing money at us onstage...20 dollar bills...and not even asking for specific songs! He just wanted to throw money! He did it throughout the whole set. We ended up with almost $300 above our pay because of that. We'll be playing there again next month...hope he's there!:)

Dang, someone must have been feeling pretty flush that night...:D

I wasn't throwing it! I dropped it! Give it back!

:D

i understand how you feel.it's a great feeling to be that appreciated. my last band played a party for free once. when a couple of people found out we had been playing for free all night they chipped in and paid us 35 bucks each. not a lot but it was supposed to be for nothing. :) made me feel good.:)

I think he had a musician fettish and he was hoping that you would take him home and have sex with him.......;)

Not Odd At All

It happens all the time for us. We played for free on the closing weekend at Mammoth Mt just to say thanks to all of our fans and they wouldn't stop throwing money at us. We ended up with more cash than the tip jar could hold so the fans started filling their empty pitchers up with cash and bringing them up to the stage. We cleared over $300.00. Our bass player busted him self up real good in a Mt bike wreck and we held a benefit show at the 'Tap' for him and raised over $700.00 for his medical bills.

Back