First Ever - Sound Enginnering job

Idgeit

After all the advise you guys all gave me, i decided i should go ahead and try my skills, so i rented out a venue, printed up the tickets, rented the gear. Next thing i knew it was 10:45am, and Im running my first ever show and at the same time setting up a P.A system for it.

I was so nervous that everything was gonna mess up like the amps were gonna blow, or the guitars were gonna sound bad and have bands complaining.

But I Managed to pull it off, the bass was nice and clear, and the guitars were screaming!.

Just wana say thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice since i joined :)

- Idgeit

For the love, Just for the feeling of doing everything for yourself, and trying to be the enginner for the day, was my main drive behind everything.

- Idgeit

After the gig, every face that greeted me said that, all the costs got covered, and i ended with a few quid, that is going straight towards the gear for my new studio.

The company hooked me up with a pretty good deal for the P.A.

- 2 Speakers, with 700Watt desk (12 Channs)
- Speaker stands & 5 mics stands
- 5 Brand new Shure Sm58's
And all the leads for 75 euro, for (due to a holidays), 4 days.

Seemed pretty sweet to me.

- Idgeit

Last edited:
cool man ! congrats,
my first PA jobs were very small, i was an assistant for a while,
this year i started doing it all by myself, i had sleepless nights before the show, i sweated like a dog due to nerves on the day itsself,
but all by all it went kinda OK,
now i'm doing more shows and i'm alot more confident,

and me too, want to thank people of this forum for the support and help,
this place is amazing, and without the knowlegde of all these members life would be harder to live ! (since my life is music and nothing else :) )

Back