Thread: Exhausted..

Thanks

Exhausted..

Sign in to disable this ad
    Form the final rehearsal of Amahl & The Night Visitors - coustumes, adult and kis choruses, a real kicker orchestra, four opera singers playing parts and my 14 year okd daughter as the lead. I'm doing slight sound reinformcementand recording the whole thing. I am flat out exhausted and the production begins tomorrow night. This evening I heard a buzz in one of my cabs - gotta get it looked at first thing in the morning.
    Fall seven times; stand up eight
    Music at https://soundcloud.com/glenn-howland-230561145

Thanks
    Awesome!! Where? When?

Thanks
    Last night at St Augustine's Church in Montpelier. It was a jwadropper.
    Tonight we did a performance at St Andrews in Waterbury - newly restored church, better acoustics, lots of kids in the crowd and you could hear a pin drop. Four minute standing ovations at both places! Pretty heady stuff for a 14 year old's opera debut.

Sunday December 12th we're doing the production at 2:30 PM at Christ Church in Montpelier - just across State Street from the Post office / federal building. I have this feeling it'll be the best one yet. Come down if you can!

Glenn

Thanks
    Hey I remember the thread where you talked about how you were gonna record. How is that going?

I think I've been to Waterbury once--it that near the B&J factory? That's not why I was there, I was in town for a wedding. It was 50 degrees and windy in June. Now I've been skiing in subzero weather in VT many times, no problem there, but cold summers are totally unnecessary.

Thanks
    Thanks -

Yeah, that's the town.

The performances were fantastic, but I sure had my hands full with sound and recording issues. Sound worked out but the video suffered from lighting issues and the recording - well, let's just say we'll see. You learn by doing...

I tend to stress when I don't have enough time to set up and there was a bunch of that going on. Plus I clipped the corner of an Oldsmobile with the rental stage set and equipment van in a parking space - rented to somebody else. It has somehow turned from a $400 winter car into the '70s yellow Delta 88 from paradise waiting for a complete restoration since then.

Finally, the third performance had a bunch of stuff going on with the wireless mic; I suspect an old furnace and creative wiring in the church. I did not know the mic well enough to jump frequencies during the performance, which would probably have fixed it. I did manage to quiet it down anyway, though.

It was an eventful weekend. But my daughter really nailed her role each time - she became the character and the audience recognized it. That was a good feeling. No - it was a fantastic feeling.

Thread Information