Corona virus impact

There's evidence that sometime around March there was a mutation that made the virus substantially more effective at infecting cells. It didn't change the likelihood of causing illness once infected or the severity of the illness, it just made it have a higher chance of causing an infection with exposure. This could be why it exploded in Italy then in New York.

Fortunately, it looks like that mutation doesn't make it any less susceptible to the vaccines being developed. But it's entirely possible that a mutation could occur that does negate the effects of the current vaccine candidates, or that makes the virus much more deadly. The more active cases of infection there are the more opportunities there are for it to mutate, which is one of the least recognized reasons for taking aggressive measure to keep the numbers as low as possible.

Mutated coronavirus shows significant boost in infectivity | Scripps Research

Our state has planes flying people in and out work who are on bi-weekly shifts sometimes up to 1200 miles away, its still within our state so no borders crossed. Remember Adelaide the closest city to us is a 2.5hr flight away.

People can cross our border and come in but are isolated for 2 weeks before they can go out.
Alan

Yeah i remember the planes in the air were all over Australia. Lots of them. But there weren't any over the sea. So that would explain it.

Flight tracker can be deceptive. When you look at a country, it often seems like the sky is totally full of planes. It's not until you zoom in that you see how few and far between they actually are.

Flight tracker can be deceptive. When you look at a country, it often seems like the sky is totally full of planes. It's not until you zoom in that you see how few and far between they actually are.

That is true and on the confusing ones which came over our place the other day leaving vapour trails behind them. These didn't show up on the Flight Tracker. So perhaps military ones do not get tracked?

If a plane is visible, but does not appear on the flight tracker, I discovered this:

"First, the aircraft may not be fitted with an ADS-B transponder, meaning it is not compatible with our receiver network. Second, if the aircraft is fitted with a Mode S transponder and not visible, it may be flying in areas with little or no MLAT coverage. Third, the aircraft might be flying outside of our network in areas where we have little or no ADS-B coverage. Fourth, the aircraft may be blocked in our system by the owner or operator."

Frequently asked questions - Real-time flight tracker | Flightradar24

If a plane is visible, but does not appear on the flight tracker, I discovered this:

"First, the aircraft may not be fitted with an ADS-B transponder, meaning it is not compatible with our receiver network. Second, if the aircraft is fitted with a Mode S transponder and not visible, it may be flying in areas with little or no MLAT coverage. Third, the aircraft might be flying outside of our network in areas where we have little or no ADS-B coverage. Fourth, the aircraft may be blocked in our system by the owner or operator."

Frequently asked questions - Real-time flight tracker | Flightradar24

That took all the interest out of it now:cool:

So around here, if the have the space...many of the bars/clubs/restaurants that featured live music have created outdoor live music events to go along with their outdoor drink/food service...due to the virus restrictions, and the belief that a bunch of people clustered outside is safer than inside.

To add insult to injury...after experiencing a mini-drought back in the middle of spring, right after things start to reopen...we are now in a regular daily afternoon/evening thunderstorm weather pattern...or it's like so humid outside, that it feels like a sauna...so not I'm seeing many outdoor event cancellations due to weather, since they mostly happen in the afternoon and evening when the thunderstorm formation is highest.

I also think that the early optimism of live music coming back indoors by the early fall...may very well not happen, and possibly well into next spring/summer.
Seems like everyone is hoping for a cure or a vaccine for any early end to all this nonsense...but as it stands, the situation is pretty static right now.
I don't know how much longer many of these places will survive like this...and the cure will be worse than the virus in the long run.

Our state Western Australia has been extremely lucky due to our state government completely closing the border to the outside world early on. We are almost fully up and running with a restriction on numbers at venues at the moment. Anyone coming into the state has to go through a quarantine period on 2 weeks in a special hotel.

The state of Victoria has not been so lucky due to selfish people not sticking to quarantine and also going to a big black lives matter demonstration to which a spread of the virus has been tracked back to.

The other states of Australia are fighting the spread by closing borders but they can not do it as easy as us due to east coast states being closer together and more connected. Makes you glad that my home state is is the west coast and there are only 2 roads an a rail line connecting with a desert in between.

I have played 4 gigs in 2 weeks, but no sound engineering work out live yet. The gigs are small but it’s a start. Fingers crossed

Alan

At us in Ukraine now the most popular in the conditions of a virus are car concerts in the open air. Everyone is happy: social distance and live music.

Our luck ran out on Sunday, with 6 hours notice we went into a hard lockdown. I actually had an outside large live sound gig, where I was playing a set as well. We set up early, all the mics ready ran up the PA, then news release, shutdown from 6pm, event cancelled packed up and went home. We now wait to see if the government estimate of it being lifted on Friday happens, I have a really well paying gig booked for Sunday so fingers crossed.

First infection transmitted locally for months here.

Alan

Here in Los Angeles things are mixed. A lot of venues shut down. Most I talk to looking for live gigs, those with studio work are in better shape. Obviously, things are pretty depressed, crime is higher, so I think a lot of people are staying in more. I hope folks are getting some work and would be curious how things are going with you.

Here in Los Angeles things are mixed. A lot of venues shut down. Most I talk to looking for live gigs, those with studio work are in better shape. Obviously, things are pretty depressed, crime is higher, so I think a lot of people are staying in more. I hope folks are getting some work and would be curious how things are going with you.
It's crazy here in LA and around the U.S. right now...Sports teams getting shut down, games cancelled / postponed... MY whole family got the dang bug at Thanksgiving here in LA and it seems like it has gone crazy again ...I do like the test or don't come idea...One thing we still are not implementing that is part of the gold standard elsewhere in the world where they do a better job of keeping things under wraps is taking temperatures...you have a fever you're not coming in...period...to not be doing this at every public place everywhere where Covid is alive n kicking is waaaaaay lame but we are waaaaay lame...no we say ...show me your vaccination papers even though you can still get the virus, may have the virus and be spreading it around at least you show you submitted to the pressure of getting vax'd and played the game...so come on in , spread the love! why go to all that trouble of checking temperatures..I mean it is so hard to do...bend over and let me stick this thermometer up your ass...Oh wait we have easier ways to do this nowadays don't we... ;) WTF?

Ill tell yall..

The vaccinated took off masks and participated in large gatherings.

Omicrom is not the fault of the unvaccinated, practicing isolation.
Yep it's really important to CLEARLY understand that just because you're vaxed does not mean you can not get and or spread the damn virus. Getting a negative test does not mean you aren't infected 5 minutes after you tested and in 3 days or less could be spreading it around. As the truth is being revealed I'm more pissed about who gave it to me and my family. She was beyond irresponsible and damn lucky that none of us ended up in the hospital or dead...There is no telling how many people the 13 of us passed it on to before we knew we all had it. Absolutely someone somewhere may have died or will die from the bug she passed onto to us all. The only real way to stop this virus dead in its tracks is to stop its propagation. To allow people to walk into public places with a mask but not take temperatures is absolutely absurd. To assume they are safe because they tested negative 2 days ago is very naïve yet here we are doing it. That the CDC says it is safe to go out / you are not contagious 10 days after your first symptoms is whack...The lunatics have taken over the asylum. My son-in-law still feeling shitty was told by his company he needed to come in to work because it had been 10 days since his first symptoms and the CDC says Carte Blanche that he's no longer contagious...absurd...

From the CDC website

Key Points​

• For most children and adults with symptomatic SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, infection, isolation, and precautions can be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset and after resolution of fever for at least 24 hours and improvement of other symptoms.
  • For people who are severely ill (i.e., those requiring hospitalization, intensive care, or ventilation support) or severely immunocompromised, extending the duration of isolation and precautions up to 20 days after symptom onset and after resolution of fever and improvement of other symptoms may be warranted.
  • For people who are infected but asymptomatic (never develop symptoms), isolation and precautions can be discontinued 10 days after the first positive test.
  • Patients who have recovered from COVID-19 can continue to have detectable SARS-CoV-2 RNA in upper respiratory specimens for up to 3 months after illness onset. However, replication-competent virus has not been reliably recovered and infectiousness is unlikely.

This thread was for the effects of the virus on the music industry not anti fax propaganda. Trues have a choice but keep it to yourself.

Reactions: TAE
This thread was for the effects of the virus on the music industry not anti fax propaganda. Trues have a choice but keep it to yourself.
Ok then.............Don't go to music venues and mingle with people. Then you stand a better chance of not catching it.

If you are a musician and need venues for your living, then you had better find another way of earning from your music, because this virus appears to be with us for sometime. But even worse the media loves it.

Ok then.............Don't go to music venues and mingle with people. Then you stand a better chance of not catching it.

If you are a musician and need venues for your living, then you had better find another way of earning from your music, because this virus appears to be with us for sometime. But even worse the media loves it.
I did not say that, I said let’s stay away from the anti vax / vax argument. I’m sick of reading about it, 90% of people here are vaxed, here if you are not vaxed you will not be allowed to go to large gatherings for example festivals, that’s the decision. Weather it’s right or wrong I am not interested, it’s like the old think of don’t discuss politics or religion. Now it’s vax or not to vax.

Back