band contract advice

metalj

hello, anyone have a sample band contract they could email me? Ive done some searching on the internet, but havent found what im looking for. So far they all want to charge me for software. Im looking for a sample i can make my own off of.

My band is doing a outside street dance, and the city that we are playing for needs a contract from us. I usually go through a booking agent so i have never had to do this on my own.

any suggestions or samples someone could through my way would be fine and dandy.

Im thinking the basics are.....

date, time start, time end, song selection, wage agreement gauranteed rain or shine, stage/shelter requirements, production requirements(sound/lights), security, only brown M&M's, electrical power requitements, name of the band.

anything else you can think of?

thanks

see if the city has a canned contract, or past contracts in their archives. I never liked contracts myself, as I found that the agent used to walk with an absorbitant amount of $$$ where we would end up with like a 1/4 of the take... and when you would try to connect with the gig at a better price down the road without the agent, then all hell broke loose for breach of contract (like playing in a 100 mile radius of the place within five years of the original gig... you know, that stuff) :)

thanks for the help and suggestions gang. i will probably just use a existing contract that i can find somewhere and then change some of the wording to fit that specific show. But if anyone else has any suggestions, i would love to hear from you

This is just a contract between my band and the city, so there are no agents involved.

thanks

See attached. This is the one I normally use. It's a combination of performance contracts I found on-line and has worked very well for us. I haven't run into a venue manager yet that wouldn't sign it even though it's all in your favor. If the venue has in house sound then just delete the part saying you will provide sound and insert whatever works. It's in Microsoft Word doc format so you can easily change whatever you need. Hope this helps.

DD

Back